May trip

alilance

Original Poster
Has anyone in the last couple of years taken a trip in May? We're going the Week of May 12 and really hoping it won't be too busy! We went in August and was too hot and too busy! We're hoping to skip some crowds this time? What do you think??? :brick:

jason08505

We have traveled in May for the past 4 trips to WDW (all within the past 6 years with the latest just last May). We've never had very large crowd issues, in fact some of the trips were very quiet. We just booked May 7-13 at the POLY this year also. You'll enjoy disney in May.

sweetpee_1993

Hi y'all! We're booked at POFQ 5/9 - 5/18. We've never done a May trip. I booked according to what touringplans.com had to say. I'm counting on hot weather during mid-day which means we won't be out and about at that time. LOL! Our strategy for this trip is early start, mid-day rest & refresh, and evening fun. I'm oober excited!

alilance

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the good news! My family and I use to go in May when I was in college, many moons ago! So I'm glad to get a chance to go during that time again! I was hoping to hear that! The Poly is my favorite! Jealous!! Have fun!!!!!

pooh071567

We have gone in May the past few years and will also be down there the Week of May 12. The weather is hot and the crowds are not bad. I especially like going this time of year.

Have a great trip!

elizs77

We are staying May 7 - 12 at Poly this May. I checked touringplans.com before booking, and it looks like the crowds will be rather moderate.

catne

May before Memorial Day is wonderful!

We've gone 3 times in May, including 2007. We like to go in the week before Memorial Weekend (usually checking out on Saturday of Memorial Weekend) so it's about 7-10 days later than you're talking about. May is a wonderful time to go. Even when it rains, it's the summer weather pattern (quick cloudbursts, then stops.) Plenty warm enough to swim (mid to upper 80's, but not the killer heat of mid-summer.) Crowds are very manageable because most U.S. children are still in school. Not the lightest crowds of the year, but far from overcrowded. We're going again this year, arrival 5/19 at POFQ (can't wait...12 1/2 weeks!)

milhouse

The crowds are pretty light but tend to build later in the week. Friday in MK was the busiest of the week for us last year with lots of schoolkids on class trips.

michelle_sydney

It seems like everyone is going to be there around the same time! I'm going May 9-May 14 and staying at the Beach Club Villas! I love going in May because it is not too hot like it was in August! The heat is still managable. I hope everyone has a great trip!

Sil

we are there the last 2 weeks of may, a little worried about memorial week never been in may before but im sure it will be a great trip, first for 6 years!

Figment25

Last time I was in WDW in May was 2005 for my honeymoon, and I thought the crowds were moderate, I would say it was busy but not crazy like the summer months. However, for this PA girl, it was way too hot in May, so we like to stick to Feb and Oct to travel to Orlando!!!:king:

rimousefan84

Went two years ago in May during memorial day weekend and the crowds were suprisingly mild. The only park that was crazy was DHS and that was in large part due to Star Wars Weekend ( which no longer take place in May:sohappy::sohappy:) You should have a wonderful time. The weather was hot, but not uncomfortably so. The weather and crowds were good enough for me to book another trip for this coming May!!! Hope this helps a bit.

JM

cloe111479

My husband and i did our honeymoon at that time last year. There were some crowds for the bigger rides but nothing compared to the June-August time.

We are repeating the trip this year May 10- May 12. This year we have about 25 people joining us. Going to be a much different trip!:p 4 Kids all under 5 and the rest are the parents, grandparents, and friends. It is going to be a great time!

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
We have gone in May the past several years. The weather is great (hot but not too hot). The only crowd issue we had was at AK one day. I think the local schools (due to it being near the end of the year) were there for field trips. It made getting around very difficult. We just went to a different park and all was fine.

shakes20

I've gone to WDW several times in May. Once Florida was recording record high temperatures, but other than that, the weather has been moderate. There are occasional rains, but they rarely last long (I was in Epcot when a downpour started, I got on the boat to Disney Hollywood Studios (MGM at the time) and by the time I got off the boat, the rain had stopped. I think that May is one of the best times to be in Disney!

AndreainNY

This is all good to hear for me! We like to go in late October, but ds started high school this year and it is harder for him to go during that time frame. We are going from 5/16 through 5/25 this year. I will miss my Food and Wine Festival, but I would still rather be at Disney doing ANYTHING than home!

PrincessMagic

I want to book our next trip for May of 2009. I think it's a great time to go, the only downfallI can think of are the pesky lovebugs, I believe they come in May and September. If you're not familiar with them, they're completely harmless, there is just an abundance. We even found them in some of our things when we returned home.

Have a great trip, I think you'll have fantastic weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom