May travel considerations...

Club34

In another thread, some members indicated that early May was nice time to go with manageable crowds. I wanted to post in the trip planning section to see if any other experienced travelers to the "world" had any thoughts/advice. Also, I wanted to see what the weather was like. I usually go end of January so I am used to cooler weather. I am wondering about temperature and humidity.

Thanks for your help.

Pooh Lover

We have been to WDW in May probably 4 times and have found the crowds obviously better than summer and holidays but considerably more crowded than the fall. The larger crowds in May were part of the reason we switched to September. The weather will be hot, maybe not quite as hot and humid as the dead of summer, but it will be hot. I think I remember a little more rain in May than September.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

The past 2 years we went the first week of May and we really enjoyed it. It's hot some days, but the crowds were easy to manage. Not as slow as fall by any means but from what I've heard so far, crowds are expected to be up in 2013 so who knows how the crowds will be...

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I hear a lot of differing opinions but we've been the past two years for the first week of May and it has been very hot and very crowded, although definitely enjoyable. We also had some band group crowds and school group crowds. The Flower and Garden Festival is lovely at Epcot. We used to go in January too, so I identify with you wanting to go in May!

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

We always go in May. We live 3 hours south of Disney. Weather is usually low 80's days cooling off some at night. Rainy season is just starting to kick in so no big deal. Mid May is the best!

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
We go the last week in May and through early June. I find it to be a good time ofthe year to go. But hey, what isnt' a good time to go to WDW :) I got the wife to go once in August. After an August trip one appreciates that while May can be hot and humid, it it nothing compared to July/ August. It's all relative and what you are used to. Crowds are the same way. May crowds can be heavy but unlike the weather that is almost a year round thing now. I still feel May is better than June/ July or the holidays.

Upvote 0

JeffnPa

We have gone in late may (week before memorial day) and loved it, the most we waiting in lines was 30 minutes and we noticed the crowds increasing as we approached Memorial day, the weather was Hot but not humid hot, and it was manageable as we traveled with 3 children under the age of 8

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom