May have to cancel b/c of Isaac :(

We have a flight out of New Orleans this Sunday to WDW and are supposed to stay just 3 nights and leave on Wednesday evening back to N.O. As of yesterday I was completely hopeless, but this morning it's showing to be turning slightly west. I could care less if it's raining at WDW - makes for better crowds anyway, but I'm afraid our flights will be severely delayed or downright cancelled! I'm so bummed because it was my husband and I's little getaway (we have a 9 month old we are leaving with grandma). Luckily I'm DVC and I can cancel up until tomorrow without completely losing my points.
For some reason I'm still holding onto this little glimmer of hope...or maybe it's my Disney brain just dreaming that the hurricane will magically dissipate...lol

Has anyone else had to cancel because of a hurricane before?!?

wiigirl

My sister did once....Disney worked with them to reschedule and wasn't a huge deal except delaying their trip for a month.

Good luck! Hope evrything works out for the best for you!

75.gif

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I don't think they will cancel flights unless the hurricane is directly in the path of the storm.
As of right now, it looks like it is headed for the Mobile, AL area.
We are flying out tomorrow (we are about 200 miles from NO)...I was hoping that the storm would miss Florida, but now it may hit closer to home...which is still not good.
I have been wishing that it would magically disappear too.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The storm will be be just south of the Florida keys on Sunday which would put the chances of an airport in Louisiana canceling a flight to MCO at just about zero. Unless you are connecting through Miami you should have nothing to worry about on your flight out. It is expected to make landfall around Mobile at 2:00 AM Wednesday. The absolute worst case would have your flight delayed until late Wednesday or early Thursday.

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

The storm will be be just south of the Florida keys on Sunday which would put the chances of an airport in Louisiana canceling a flight to MCO at just about zero. Unless you are connecting through Miami you should have nothing to worry about on your flight out. It is expected to make landfall around Mobile at 2:00 AM Wednesday. The absolute worst case would have your flight delayed until late Wednesday or early Thursday.

I concur..youre bigger problem would be on Wendsday and getting out of MCO if the storm slows..at that point it would sit between you and home

Upvote 0

Premiere Pass Lady

Original Poster
Yeah I think you guys are right - maybe I will try to change the flight to Thursday morning and pray it's mostly cleared out of the way for my flight.
Thanks everybody!

Upvote 0

luv

I almost had to back out of mine with Charley. I would never fly into a place that was about to have a hurricane. That's me. Not saying its wrong for others, that is just me. I prefer to avoid natural disasters whenever possible. But Charley went through and we came in the next day, as scheduled.

It looks like Florida will be safe at that point. I don't know for sure, of course. They keep saying that they won't know for sure until the thing comes out of Cuba. But it might every well head into the gulf. I hope it doesn't go to New Orleans.

Best of luck with all of it.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

Yeah I think you guys are right - maybe I will try to change the flight to Thursday morning and pray it's mostly cleared out of the way for my flight.
Thanks everybody!
You may want to check flight change policies first. If you change now, you may be charged a fee. However, if the flight is cancelled due to the weather, you shouldn't have a change fee. You could use the fee savings to cover another night's stay.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom