May 21st - 25th

TheOneVader

We are currently planning another trip to Disney World (4th trip in 8 months! :) ) and were wondering if May 21st - 25th would be bad? It's just before Memorial Day Weekend, so I figured it might not be. Also, the 25th (Wedbesday before Memorial Day Weekend) we weren't even going to the parks, so it'd really be 21st, 22nd, 23rd, and 24th we'd be at the parks. Does anyone know about where the wait times would be and such? Thanks!

wannabeBelle

Well I cant swear for the Wait times although I wouldnt think they would be too bad as all of the kids are still in School and Colleges are mostly in Final Season by then, but I can tell you some of the fine folks from this board are planning a mini-meet for Star Wars Weekend on May 22nd at the Studios. Time to meet will be forthcoming!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

TheOneVader

Original Poster
Mini-meet? Cool. Maybe I can talk my folks into going that day, considering I usually make up the schedule. lol

I'm sure I'd be the youngest one there... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

wannabeBelle said:
Well I cant swear for the Wait times although I wouldnt think they would be too bad as all of the kids are still in School and Colleges are mostly in Final Season by then, but I can tell you some of the fine folks from this board are planning a mini-meet for Star Wars Weekend on May 22nd at the Studios. Time to meet will be forthcoming!!!!! Belle

Didn't know about the mini-meet, but I am going to be at MGM that day as well because it's open 8am - 1am for us (since we're staying on property).

I, too, am hoping that crowds won't be that bad because most kids are still in school and it's usually finals time around then. Plus, most go that weekend following for Memorial Day anyways.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

It's not so bad that time of year - I was there at almost that exact time last year and I would call the crowds moderate. On occasion it would get crowded (i.e. one afternoon at MK when the wait for HM was like an hour for some reason, I guess all thesepeople just decided to be there at the same time,) but most of the time it was fine, especially when we made use of FastPass. The weather is really nice that time of the year as well. :)

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Yeah, I would say that is about right for wait times - but only in my experience. You may experience less or more depending on the park and time of day. Have fun! :)

Upvote 0

SpectroMan

Went on Senior Trip last year at that exact time. It was great, especially the first couple of days, but the crowds began to grow towards the end of the week.

Upvote 0

parker kim

We were there that week before and it was great the crowds were real low wait times were very small except for the friday before Menorial day It was much more crowded. The water parks seemed to more croweded also.The heat was'ent bad either low-mid. 80's But, we could have just got luck with that.

Upvote 0

DocOrange

wannabeBelle said:
Well I cant swear for the Wait times although I wouldnt think they would be too bad as all of the kids are still in School and Colleges are mostly in Final Season by then

Actually, area schools will be getting out just around then. My kids are already counting the days. :D

Upvote 0

nibblesandbits

DocOrange said:
Actually, area schools will be getting out just around then. My kids are already counting the days. :D
I think the majority of schools will be in session still. At least for another week or so. Of course there are some exceptions to the rule.

Upvote 0

DocOrange

nibblesandbits said:
I think the majority of schools will be in session still. At least for another week or so. Of course there are some exceptions to the rule.
For my kids, that's their first full week off. For other counties in the greater WDW area, the last day of school ranges from that Tuesday to that Thursday. For Florida public universities and most community colleges, spring semester will have ended by the first week of May.

CMs have to come from somewhere. :)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Here in NYC the public schools I believe go into June. In addition most of the colleges have finals the last full week in May. I know that as several of my friends who are students cant go at the same time I Am because of finals. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom