Trip Club May 2014

jlsHouston

We visited in early March and I think the temps were about normal, warm days, cool nights. I think temps in Florida have been about normal so far this year, although Orlando did get a few of the artic vortex dips, not like the rest of us on the Gulf Coast

Weather_Lady

Does anyone know what the temperatures/weather are usually like during May in Orlando? I'll be there from the 4th to the 19th. I am staying at Beach Club Resort. Can't wait. Reason I'm asking about weather is because I live in Alabama and the weather has been very unusual for late March and April so far. I mean I wore my capri pants yesterday and it was nice; in the late 60's. Then it started to really cool down and I soon regretted my decision. March was unusually cold, even when it officially became spring. It's like spring is slowly, slowly coming. It pops its head out and then goes back in, as if to say, "Nope, I'm just gonna make you suffer through Winter just a little more." Lol. I'm already wondering what the weather will be like on the wedding day (May 3-it's outdoors) and also what it will be like for Florida. We have the same "subtropical humid" climate they have (with all the humidity and such) and yet, cool weather still prevails here when it should be nice and in the 70's, until late May when hot weather comes in and then its just sticky hot all the way through September. Does anyone know if Florida is having unusual temps this spring or what?

Here are the average temps, etc. for Orlando in May: http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USFL0372?month=1

As you'll see, you're generally looking at highs around 87 degrees and humid every day (shorts-and-sandals-every-day weather, maybe a sweatshirt at night since you live in warmer climes and are used to the heat).

I'm in Upstate NY and we're in only our second week of above-freezing temperatures. Low-lying areas of my back yard still have snow. It's 40 today and I'm not even wearing a jacket. :) Can't wait to step off that plane into the Orlando sunshine in 3 1/2 weeks, though...

Last edited:
Late joiner here....we will be staying at POFQ May 1st through 5th. My eldest daughter's competition cheer team got a bid for The Summit at last weekend's competition so this is a surprise mini trip for us. I am SO excited to be going back to the World even if it is only for a couple of days. :D

May 1-7... staying at CSR with DH. Going for a work conference but we're doing a few days at the parks including DiveQuest!
I'm in the same boat pretty much. The Summit (cheer competition) is Saturday and possibly Sunday (if they do well Saturday). We are definitely going to the parks all day Friday and Saturday/Sunday depending on the competition schedule (we only got a 3 day park hopper). I can't wait!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom