Trip Club May 2014

MOXOMUMD

We're getting close! Got out our carryon bags from our unheated storage area over the garage yesterday and set them in our bedrooms so they can "air out." (In reality, they need no "airing" -- I just like seeing them and being reminded that we leave in less than three weeks.) :)
They're a nice sight to see. :D

cw1982

I posted this question on the June Club too, sorry for the duplicate, but I'm curious and thought those of you who will get there just before me might have thoughts on this too... anyone care to speculate on how much 7DMT may impact crowd levels at MK by the end of May/early June?

Weather_Lady

I posted this question on the June Club too, sorry for the duplicate, but I'm curious and thought those of you who will get there just before me might have thoughts on this too... anyone care to speculate on how much 7DMT may impact crowd levels at MK by the end of May/early June?

Honestly, I don't think it's going to have a huge impact except for an increase in wait time for attractions in the immediate vicinity of 7DMT (due to a spillover effect). By the end of May (and assuming an early May soft opening as some are predicting), locals eager to experience it will have already been there, and those coming from further away who planned their trip months in advance won't spend appreciably more time in the MK than they had already planned to do, simply because of a new kiddie coaster. They'll certainly put 7DMT on their itinerary, but I doubt they'll spend more time (or additional days) in the MK to do that.

I am a little concerned about the rush of people who want to be the first to see it, if it does open early in May. We arrive on May 4th and had planned to visit the MK for the afternoon-evening of 5/4 (not going near Fantasyland, though), all of 5/5 (doing Fantasyland first thing after rope drop), the evening of 5/9 and morning of 5/10. If 7DMT soft opens on 5/2, things could be extra nuts for us!

jlsHouston

BTW, the Festival of Fantasy (3pm MK) parade just showed up for me as a FP+ option for the first time today. I got one for Friday, 5/9. If you've been waiting for it to open up, check MDE...

I'm waiting for the site to log me in now...although my travel dates are after yours...

jlsHouston

I was just updating my touring plans to add the PeopleMover and Astro Orbiter back in, since their refurbs were pushed back into June.

Did we luck out, or what? Other than FOTLK, May visitors shouldn't miss much. :)

Really Peoplemover refurb pushed to June? Ahhh..I know it needs the love but I'm glad I get to enjoy it next month again, only managed one ride on it during spring break!

cw1982

I was just updating my touring plans to add the PeopleMover and Astro Orbiter back in, since their refurbs were pushed back into June.

Did we luck out, or what? Other than FOTLK, May visitors shouldn't miss much. :)

I'm actually very sad that People Mover is being refurbed in June. My trip is the first week of June and I was looking forward to riding that lol.

Edit: OMG!!! Our first MK day is June 1, and according to Touring Plans, the refurb for People Mover isn't until June 2!!! I'm a little too happy about this lol. Maybe DH and I will get to ride it after all... :D

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

We're in the final push now! Prescriptions refilled, library books returned, pet sitter all set, clothes laundered, check-in done, sample-size toiletries bought, clothes sorted for packing... now to try and focus on finishing things up at work and tidying up at home, but it's so hard when all I want to do for the next 4 days is crouch in a corner with my trip plans and MagicBand, stroking them gently and purring, "myyyyyy preeeeeeeecious....."

PartOfYourWorld

Saturday and Sunday can't come fast enough for me and my fiance. We leave on the 4th. Here's my official itinerary (I have changed and changed and now this is it):

May 4th- Head down to DW, check into the Beach Club Resort. Dinner ADR at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop.

May 5th- Epcot: Dinner ADR at Tokyo Dining.

May 6th- Hollywood Studios: Breakfast ADR at Cape May Cafe, Dinner ADR at Kouzzina By Cat Cora. * Would be a good night to do Atlantic Dance Hall or Fantasia Gardens.

May 7th- OFF DAY: Lunch ADR at Splitsville Luxury Lanes, Disney Quest in the afternoon and Dinner ADR at Fulton's Crab House.

May 8th- Epcot: Dinner ADR at Le Cellier Steakhouse.

May 9th- Magic Kingdom: Dinner ADR at The Crystal Palace.

May 10th- Animal Kingdom: Dinner ADR at Chef Mickey's. *Would be a good night to do either ADH/FG if we haven't done it already.

May 11th- OFF DAY: Lunch ADR at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop, Dinner ADR at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

May 12th- Hollywood Studios: Dinner ADR at The Hollywood Brown Derby with Fantasmic Dinner Package. *Would be a good night to do ADH/FG if haven't done so already.

May 13th- OFF DAY: Dinner ADR at Flying Fish Cafe.

May 14th- Magic Kingdom: Dinner ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table.

May 15th- Epcot: Breakfast ADR at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Dinner ADR at Chefs De France. *Would be a good night to do ADH/FG if haven't done so already.

May 16th- OFF DAY: Dinner ADR at California Grill.

May 17th- Magic Kingdom: Breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare, Dinner ADR at Rainforest Cafe-Downtown Disney. *Would be a good night to do ADH/FG if haven't done so already.

May 18th- OFF DAY: Dinner ADR at Boma-Flavors Of Africa.

May 19th- Check out and head home.

*We were going to do Star Wars weekends on that second weekend but after doing extensive research, I found a few problems with their set-up of meeting the SW celebrities. I do not like that you have to stand in a line for FastPasses just to meet them, and yet you're not guaranteed one at the end. If you stand in line, you should be able to get one, not this "limited # of FastPasses" crap. I also don't like how they tell you to come back at whatever time too to meet the celebrity. Plus, we found out too late and had already made ADR's for some of these restaurants before and we're MOST DEFINITELY not going to cancel. Also, we wouldn't have been able to participate in the "Symphony of The Stars, and of course the good seats for the parade are obviously going to have to paid for now, so we realized SW weekends just didn't seem to be worth it this year. In other words, we may be SW freaks, but we're here for A DISNEY WORLD HONEYMOON, not SW weekends.

Anyways, I'm am excited for this trip because 1) we're going to DW again, and 2) because I will be a married woman by then. Now, if we can only hope for no tornadic weather today or tomorrow, cause Alabama does not need it right now. It hasn't even been 5 years yet and I already feel for the people who've been hit in Arkansas, North Carolina, etc.

I hope you have a magical wedding and a great honeymoon! Maybe see you around! :) And I think i may have mentioned this on another thread, we're eating at Akershus the same morning!

jlsHouston

16 days til I leave for my trip. Last night my DD29 met us for dinner and outed me to my boyfriend about this trip I had planned.:eek: Yes I am admitting I hadn't told him about it yet. :cautious: I knew he would think it was way too soon of a return and then I would have to listen to how crowded the place is and his legs hurt after 2 days.:in pain:
However I only had to hear both of those statements once and he actually seemed kind of upbeat today, so either he is preoccupied over the new car he bought or this trip hasn't really set in.
I prefer to think he is starting to secretly like WDW.:happy:
Anyways I am so excited. I will spend the first 3 days on my own and then he will join me and I have lotsa SW things planned!:joyfull:

jlsHouston

Well we head out early tomorrow morning. We'll probably leave around 5 am but not later than 5:30. Today though, is all about the wedding. Fixing to leave in a bit to get my hair done and hopefully everything will work out this evening. I can't wait for Disney World though. I think I have an addiction to the place.

You're in good company. Happy wedding day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom