25 sat 9-10 FitS/SM 24 Sat 9-9 FitS
26 Sun 9-9 FitS 25 sun 9-9 FitS
27 mon 9-9 FitS 26 Mon 9-9 FitS
28 tue 9-8 27 Tue 9-8
29 wed 9-7 28 Wed 9-9 FitS
30 thur 9-7 29 thur 9-7
31 fri 9-9 30 fri 9-7
31 Sat 9-9 FitS

BOTTOM LINE is that the MK was open for ONLY 3 MORE hours last year in the month of May then it will be this year. With 2 extra nights of FitS. BUT the big difference is that last year Spectro was run 5 times, and this year is 0. So all in all this year is less then last, but not by as much as I thought it was going to be. The Only thing I see wrong is NO SPECTRO, but to run Spectro, the park must be open to 10pm, if they want to run both SPECTRO and FitS fireworks.

At Epcot, last year was 10-7 for FW and 12-9 for WS
At Epcot, this year.........9-6 for FW and 11-9 for WS

thats an extra 31 hours this year!!!.....but no parade

At DAK, its the same
At MGM, its nearlly the same.

not sure why I posted all this info, but enjoy:)

ritchie56

Boy this is disappointing. The lack of Spectro for the entire month is irritating to me. I wasn't too concerned about shortened hours-- I could schedule around that. But I really assumed there would be a parade on Saturday night. But no, not even over the Memorial Day weekend. Has there been a month previously that had NO evening parades scheduled?

Not having been to Disney recently, I wasn't too concerned about the posts saying the parks were going down hill. I figured if attendence was low, it might make for a more enjoyable trip. But now---to me this is proof that the cutbacks are more than skin deep and I am seriously reconsidering our $6000 trip. If I'm gonna spend the same amount of money no matter when I go, I think it might be better to wait till Disney is back on its feet. This is a hard decision.

What are the chances that this will change as the time approaches? Have they ever added Spectro if it wasn't scheduled? I am seriously bummed.

ToTBellHop

I am sure SpectroMagic will play--they are just being conservative now. Of most interest is the Water Parks, with Typhoon Lagoon closed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, and Blizzard Beach closed Friday and Saturday. By the way, Fantasmic! has always been presented at 9 pm this time of year because the sun sets after 8 pm.

Fireman7

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I am sure SpectroMagic will play--they are just being conservative now. Of most interest is the Water Parks, with Typhoon Lagoon closed Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, and Blizzard Beach closed Friday and Saturday. By the way, Fantasmic! has always been presented at 9 pm this time of year because the sun sets after 8 pm.

I really hope you are right DogsRule! My girlfriend and I are going down May 16 - 25 and while I can deal with shorter hours I would hate to have to do without Spectromagic. I need to see it at least once.

Becky

Originally posted by Fireman7
My girlfriend and I are going down May 16 - 25 and while I can deal with shorter hours I would hate to have to do without Spectromagic. I need to see it at least once.

I am going May 17-24:sohappy: I missed Spectro in March :( because I went Sunday-Saturday morning.

Now I find out I will miss it again:eek: :cry:

Next they will tell me Mickey will be on vacation that week:rolleyes:

CTXRover

Well, I've always tried to put a positive spin on things, but I think those going in May have every reason to be upset about no Spectro at all. Prior to the 25th anniversary, when Spectro started to be everynight, how often did it play? Are they just going back to "original" ways rather than cost-cutting ways (even if so, its a bad reason in my eyes)? I wonder why they made this decision? Are they rehabbing it (maybe??) or are they just being conservative with hours and "special events"? I think those going in May, if they want, have a reason to write a letter to find out (if I feel inclined, I might)

Otherwise, things look pretty good. :)

The biggest surprise is, in fact, that the water parks are open and closed on some days. I'd imagine they are really expecting lower crowds as spring break dies down.

I'm sure Disney has a good idea of making attendance projections from how their resorts are booked in advance. But unlike before, they may need to reconsider the "formula" they used. It may not be as accurate since it seems more people are likely to make plans closer to their actual vacation than months or years in advance as previously done.

spagofreep

Im so bummed about specto. What is the likelyhood that it will still be scheduled to run in May?? Has this ever happend before where it wasnt scheduled for a WHOLE month????

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by CTXRover
Well, I've always tried to put a positive spin on things, but I think those going in May have every reason to be upset about no Spectro at all. Prior to the 25th anniversary, when Spectro started to be everynight, how often did it play? Are they just going back to "original" ways rather than cost-cutting ways (even if so, its a bad reason in my eyes)? I wonder why they made this decision? Are they rehabbing it (maybe??) or are they just being conservative with hours and "special events"? I think those going in May, if they want, have a reason to write a letter to find out (if I feel inclined, I might)

Otherwise, things look pretty good. :)

The biggest surprise is, in fact, that the water parks are open and closed on some days. I'd imagine they are really expecting lower crowds as spring break dies down.

I'm sure Disney has a good idea of making attendance projections from how their resorts are booked in advance. But unlike before, they may need to reconsider the "formula" they used. It may not be as accurate since it seems more people are likely to make plans closer to their actual vacation than months or years in advance as previously done.

Disney will extend hours if the crowds justify that. People booking trips closer to when they go is the exact reason that we get each month's hours the month before, as opposed to before 9/11/01, when they were releasing hours five months in advance

skipperg

I have complained to guest communications about the schedule of SpectroMagic during past vacations. The email address is ( wdw.guest.communications@disney.com ) Let them know how unhappy you are with the schedules.

They have contacted me back on my complaints in the past.

Email Disney, Call Disney, or write Disney. They listen, maybe they don't always give the answer we want. But they listen.

There were rumors around the time of Sept 11, 2001 that Disney was considering doing away with SpectroMagic totally. The reason I don't know, but they must have a reason. They may not have enough employees to run it. The amount of younger workers at WDW to me seems to be declining.

I'm sure the economics aren't the only reasons for some of the changes.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by skipperg
I have complained to guest communications about the schedule of SpectroMagic during past vacations. The email address is ( wdw.guest.communications@disney.com ) Let them know how unhappy you are with the schedules.

That guest relations e-mail address has not been working for a few week now... that I know of... this was just bounced back at me:

Your message was not delivered to the following recipients:

wdw.guest.communications@disney.com: 550 5.1.1
<wdw.guest.communications@disney.com>... User Unknown

The Walt Disney Company and its affiliates are in the process of an e-Mailsystem upgrade. The person you intended to send this message to may have had their Internet e-Mail address changed, or it may be unavailable for a short time as part of this process.

If you feel that you have received this non-delivery notice in error, please contact the intended recipient by phone to confirm their address.

------------------------------------

Anybody have the NEW guest relations e-mail address?

Fireman7

Yeah the new email address would be good to have, however, I am not sure if I would email them if I did I have it. I am actually pretty pleased with the hours for all of the parks during my trip in May. I went practically the same exact time last year and a couple of nights MK closed at 6. Plus with both MGM and Epcot open til 9 I'm not too worried about finding something to do at night. I just found it curious that last year they cancelled all E-Ride nights but still had Spectro pretty much once a week. Now they have two e-ride nights at the end of the month but not one Spectro. I personally would rather have Spectromagic running at least on Saturday nights than have an E-ride night. But as many people have said I am sure the economics of it all help to shape the situation. But on the whole im pretty satisfied with how my May trip is taking shape. :D

CTXRover

I know this doesn't bring immediate good news for those going in May, but like DogsRule said, it is very likely hours may change and Spectro may be added.

For example, looking at April's hours now, they are some major differences from just a month ago. Several days now are open at MK from 8:30am to midnight with 2 SpectroMagic's on those nights (this is around Easter though)!! My point is, it is very likely things will change. It doesn't make planning trips easy, but these hours are probably just "safety hours". In other words, it is easier to extend hours and add events than to take them away. To those going in May, keep your hopes up, it MIGHT get better. :)

ToTBellHop

The extensions across the boards for Easter are certainly encouraging--let's hope this summer will spell the end of the attendance drop for Disney.:)

all41

Since I'm staying at Disney Resort and the hours are shorter, the "early opening" is even more important. I think that will dictate what I do each day I am there with my kids. During 5 day trip, I'll get every park and MK twice. That'll work for me.

Be nice to see SpectroMagic added. Too bad E ride at MK is only at end of the month. If we do a water park, it would be a day when BOTH were open. Wouldn't want to take a chance with one open/one closed as it relates to the crowds.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by ritchie56
Boy this is disappointing. The lack of Spectro for the entire month is irritating to me.

Not having been to Disney recently, I wasn't too concerned about the posts saying the parks were going down hill. I figured if attendence was low, it might make for a more enjoyable trip. But now---to me this is proof that the cutbacks are more than skin deep and I am seriously reconsidering our $6000 trip.

So the absence of one parade is a telltale sign that the parks are going down hill? Talk about Disneyselfishness.

If I'm gonna spend the same amount of money no matter when I go, I think it might be better to wait till Disney is back on its feet. This is a hard decision.

Let me ask you this. If you won't go and spend your money, how is Disney going to get back on its feet if people cancel their vacation because one 10 minute parade is NOT going to be performed? People seem to not understand this. The more money we spend at the parks the more rides are built, the more parades are performed and the better our experience is. The company is not going to just snap its fingers and make everything better. Disney is a bussiness and bussinesses thrive and grow when we spend money at its facilities.

rosie.ca

hmmmm cool if things work out i will probably be going in may 16th -25 ...hmmm looks like i won't be the only one lol... i am hoping to take my mom after all that has happened in the last year it would be nice to go away with her.... i was worried about hours being too short ... i would like to see specto tho since i have never seen it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom