Mattress quality in Disney resort rooms

blueboxdoctor

No problem sleeping at the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge, though, I am used to a firmer mattress since that's what I already use at home, so maybe I just never noticed it.

Lsumatt72

We go to wdw 3x a year and have for the last 10 years. None of us get a good nights sleep while we're there as the beds are hard and uncomfortable. (Just our opinion) I was wondering everyone else's opinion on this as I have always thought for the price of most of the rooms, especially the villas that they would have a much more high quality comfortable mattress. I heard the Swan and Dolphin have much better quality mattress, but have never stayed in either and know they are not owned by Disney.

Agreed with the hardness of the beds. On our last 2 trips we have stayed at AoA and POP. We woke up every morning with super sore backs and not very good nights rests.

I don't expect a luxury mattress, but geez....

DiSnEyF@n

Swan and Dolphin beds are literally called "heavenly" and I promise you they are! They are so unbelievably comfortable it's not even funny! We stayed at the Boardwalk a couple weeks ago and their beds were pretty comfortable as well.

daisyduckie

I think it is luck of the draw too. I like a soft mattress, and while another poster had a hard one at the Pop I had a nice soft one.

Raineman

Agreed with the hardness of the beds. On our last 2 trips we have stayed at AoA and POP. We woke up every morning with super sore backs and not very good nights rests.

I don't expect a luxury mattress, but geez....
My back does not respond well to most mattresses, and we will be at Pop in 6 days, so I plan on bringing muscle relaxers to help me get a decent night's sleep.

Lsumatt72

My back does not respond well to most mattresses, and we will be at Pop in 6 days, so I plan on bringing muscle relaxers to help me get a decent night's sleep.
It got to the point where I was taking the comforter and any extra sheets there were and sleeping on top of them to add some softness

Weather_Lady

We've generally stayed at moderate resorts, and once at a deluxe DVC resort.

We've always found the beds to be very comfortable and had no issues sleeping. That being said, we use fairly firm mattresses, sans pillow-tops, at home, so we're used to a firm bed. YMMV.

If all else fails, you could order a plushy mattress topper from Amazon or Walmart (prices range from $40-$100), and have it delivered to your resort shortly before you check in.

patch553

Swan and Dolphin beds are literally called "heavenly" and I promise you they are! They are so unbelievably comfortable it's not even funny! We stayed at the Boardwalk a couple weeks ago and their beds were pretty comfortable as well.
we r just back from boardwalk and the mattress was undoubtably the most comfortable we'd had on any of our stays at wdw

PrincessRachelT

We recently stayed at the GF and I have to say, if I could've gotten that mattress out of the room and into my car with no one noticing it, I would have. We have a super comfy mattress at home, but theirs was WAY better. Even my husband, who is a mattress snob, wanted to take it home.

deeevo

I was not impress with Poly's mattress for being a deluxe. I would say that WL and CBR has had the best mattress from were I have stayed. POR and POFQ were Eh... I am not sure I could not back to a double bed. lol

CaptainAmerica

Wow I popped in expecting to see people complaining about how soft the mattresses are and I'm surprised to see that most people find them too firm. I sleep on a fairly firm mattress at home and generally find the WDW beds to be much too soft and bouncy. Our most recent trips have been the Fort Wilderness cabins and Animal Kingdom Lodge. The trip before that was a family suite at Art of Animation and I found the pull-out to be extremely comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom