Mattress quality in Disney resort rooms

DisneyPrincess5

We just stayed in a Bay Lake studio and the bed was truly awful. Like, so bad that people who prefer a mattress to be firm would probably feel it was uncomfortable. It didn't even feel like a bed. More like a sleeping bag on the floor. DH threw his body onto it as he was so tired from traveling and was expecting a soft landing. No- there was no give and he just landed.

I really hope new mattresses are a part of the upcoming rehab.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
In large part thanks to my innovative sleep, wake up system -

Solution: Get one room for each wake up call that you think you'll desire the following morning. Of course, rooms that are connected would work best. Also, I would hire people to be bed warmers (probably not too expensive since all they're doing is lying in a bed keep a spot warm for you) so that when you arrive at the room where your next wake up call is anticipated you will have a nice toasty spot to lie in gentle repose for 5 minutes or so. Here's a money saving tip: If you're going to shell out for say a lagoon view or views of the animals at AKL do that for the second room where you will be getting your wake up call and get a "value" price on the other 2-6 rooms you'll be reserving. I say the second room because in my experience the first wake up call will be near dawn and my bet is that whilst you are lying down in the room you have moved to after the first wake up call you'll a) be a bit more awake since you won't yet have settled into the move, sleep, move, sleep pattern and b) it will probably close enough to sunrise that a few minutes of natural beauty will really brighten the day!

I've slept on every mattress at WDW. The best - room 3206 at POP, bed closest to wall. Surprising that a value takes the prize, but mattresses 2-7 can all be found at deluxe resorts. The worst- I hate to do this to you French Quarter, but that bed in 1219 closest the bathroom is the worst of the worst. Interestingly, the other mattress in the room is 1,438th best in my ratings which is pretty high. Top quintile. So you've got a high quality mattress and the worst of the worst sharing the same room. Weird I know.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I thought the mattresses at Art of Animation and Bay Lake Tower were fine, although I couldn't sleep very well. I never do when I'm not sleeping in my own bed.

PhotoDave219

Well, generally i find them rather firm and well within the ability to withstand the rigors of intense adult activities and frivolities. I do find the lack of posts on the bedframe a detriment to certain behaviors and would give it 2 1/2 stars for those seeking shenanigans. (Its overpriced, you can find cheaper for shenanigans)

As for a good night's sleep? I generally find that the mattresses trend with the level of the hotel. The values are generally a mattress worthy of a value, plus its used just about every night. Moderates give a moderately comfy mattress and the deluxe? I just dont wanna leave my bed in a deluxe... although the Sheraton in Back Bay ..... (Boston for the geographically illiterate) .... this weekend had a king size bed that was dreamy for about 1/2 the price of WDW deluxe. At home i have a really comfy sealy posturepedic and thats just like heaven to stay in. So comfy.

The beds are generally just OKAY as the mouse doesn't want you staying in bed, neither sleeping nor shenaniganing.

DisneyFans4Life

Granted the king bed I slept in last night at SpA isn't my Tempurpedic like at home, it was still very comfortable and my wife and I slept just fine.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just got back from staying at the All Star Sports and I found the beds pretty comfortable. I like firm mattresses and when I first sat on the bed it was a little cushiony on top but it turned out to be a nice blend of firm and soft. Before this I had stayed at the Swan, and I think their "heavenly" bed is really over hyped. With all the talk of "heavenly" I might have been expecting too much. So in the end I liked the All Star mattress better.

Raineman

My lower back does not respond well to most beds, and the beds at Pop when we were there last month were no different. No issue in falling asleep, but by 5 am, I was awake from a sore back. On the plus side, never had a problem with getting up in time for rope drop.

BigRedDad

WDW buys mattresses in bulk. They standard for the largest part of the population is "firm". They also need to buy this way to insure the last long enough to be cost effective. A softer mattress will begin to conform to the body of the people sleeping in them.

deeevo

Stayed at AKL this weekend and man were those mattresses firm. Keep in mind I have a pillow top at home but they seemed a little firm for a deluxe. Although Poly was the same way but WL was pretty plush. The new CB mattresses was still the best so far for me.

donaldtoo

Heck, we spend so little time at the resort and so much time in the Parks that the mattresses could be stone slabs, and we'd still sleep fine...! ;)

Incomudro

Just came back from a stay at the AK Lodge, and I was surprised at how firm the mattress was.
Too firm for my taste, but I'm not complaining.
I've got a relatively high end pillow top mattress at home that's only about a year old, so it'd be hard to beat.

WDWFan_Boston

I've only stayed at POR and POFQ, but each time we stay there it's great. I'm not picky about mattress firmness, but my wife is, and she hasn't had a problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom