Matterhorn and Pinocchio getting refurbished starting July 30th, 2018

NateD1226

To be honest I think both of you are reading too much into this rumor. It sounds to me like they will be adding just the Play Disney app to the HM. So just like Peter or Space, it'll be some games and maybe an interactive element like maybe a tombstone that moves or something. Its not likely going to be some big thing.
4EB485C4-63AB-4403-802C-211E73CF75E0.jpeg

mickEblu

It wasn't detailed at all:

Everyone keyed into the words "new queue experience" and then became conspiracy theorists that that meant ripping out things like the lawn. When really its likely nothing more than just adding Play Disney with some games and a single interactive element.

Debatable. I think the “ in time for the 50th” is where the imagination starts to run wild as the 50th anniversary is in July and 6 months is a heck of a lot of time to add a couple interactive elements. Of course “in time” doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t be finished until July but it can definitely be taken that way.

In regards to Capacity, I must of piggybacked off a a follow up comment from someone regarding capacity. Of course that’s how these discussions always spiral into far off places.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Debatable. I think the “ in time for the 50th” is where the imagination starts to run wild as the 50th anniversary is in July and 6 months is a heck of a lot of time to add a couple interactive elements. Of course “in time” doesn’t necessarily mean it won’t be finished until July but it can definitely be taken that way.

In regards to Capacity, I must of piggybacked off a a follow up comment from someone regarding capacity. Of course that’s how these discussions always spiral into far off places.

Like I said I think you all are reading too much into this. Which I think is coming from some people being hyper-sensitive thinking Disney is going to rip out things from HM based on recent crowd flow changes.

I don't think the poster meant to imply HM would be down for 5-6 months after HMH. Their wording wasn't the best here. Basically it sounds like they will use the downtime for the conversation from HMH back to HM as the opportunity to add an interactive queue like Peter Pan and Space Mountain. So maybe a week or two extra downtime.

mickEblu

Like I said I think you all are reading too much into this. Which I think is coming from some people being hyper-sensitive thinking Disney is going to rip out things from HM based on recent crowd flow changes.

I don't think the poster meant to imply HM would be down for 5-6 months after HMH. Their wording wasn't the best here. Basically it sounds like they will use the downtime for the conversation from HMH back to HM as the opportunity to add an interactive queue like Peter Pan and Space Mountain. So maybe a week or two extra downtime.

Possibly. And my fear/ theory could be possible as well. Point is it’s open to interpretation.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Possibly. And my fear/ theory could be possible as well. Point is it’s open to interpretation.

Yeah, for all we know they could be ripping out the queue completely and redoing it, but that's unlikely. I wouldn't sound the alarm bells just yet. If in January we start seeing construction equipment in front of HM then it might be time to sound the alarm bells. :)

dweezil78

To be honest I think both of you are reading too much into this rumor. It sounds to me like they will be adding just the Play Disney app to the HM. So just like Peter or Space, it'll be some games and maybe an interactive element like maybe a tombstone that moves or something. Its not likely going to be some big thing.

Oh I could care less about the rumor, doubtful it’s even legit. I just think it’s silly for anyone to feel attached to that portion if of the queue as if it’s anything special or possesses “charm.” (A way over/misused descriptor IMO!!!)

mickEblu

Oh I could care less about the rumor, doubtful it’s even legit. I just think it’s silly for anyone to feel attached to that portion if of the queue as if it’s anything special or possesses “charm.” (A way over/misused descriptor IMO!!!)

You know nothing. How bout you stick to how you feel about something and I stick to how I feel about it? No need to get hot and bothered. Go eat something.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Well maybe it was the first attraction they rode with their family the first time they came to DL. And the queue built the anticipation for them as a child. Nostalgia is funny in how people get attached to things from their past. Honestly I think half the stuff fans get attached to is silly, but its all personal. So it comes across as a personal attack when someone questions what you personally feel attached to.

Either way I don't think the queue is getting some major overhaul other than to add Play Disney interactive points.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Why would it take 5-7 months to install a small interactive element? The interactive element at PPF took one night to install.

It won’t, that’s the point. Everyone seems to have misunderstood what the poster was trying to say. They never said HM would be down for the entire 5-6 months after HMH until it’s 50th. Just that a new queue experience would be done in time for its 50th.

Sharon&Susan

It won’t, that’s the point. Everyone seems to have misunderstood what the poster was trying to say. They never said HM would be down for the entire 5-6 months after HMH until it’s 50th. Just that a new queue experience would be done in time for its 50th.
Let me rephrase that. HM will return (obviously), but not in Jan. It'll open with a reworked queue that may have a new crypt-like area. Take it with a grain of salt. I honestly dont care if anyone doesn't believe me lol.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Where in that statement does it say it'll be down for 5-6 months? It just says it won't reopen in January, which mean it can open in February a couple week later than normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom