Matsuriza and British Revolution last performance at EPCOT on Sunday

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
*person* sees a few young adults at Epcot having a good time (not causing any problems), with drinks in their hands.

*same person* gets online and says they saw people vomiting and cursing and starting fist fights at Epcot. My child is scarred for life!!

*same person* sees a (sober) adult at MK pushing people out of the way , cursing and causing trouble just to get a spot to see the parade.

*same person* this is completely acceptable behavior. My child is fine.

donsullivan

Premium Member
With lost revenue likely in the hundreds of millions of dollars, and their laudable decision to continue paying cast members throughout this despite zero revenue this is to be expected. There are going to be lots of reductions all over the place when things reopen until this all settles and we eventually return back to normal. This will be the new normal for a while and it is not a result of any malicious or greedy intent by Disney but the economic reality of the shutdown. It's not the time to trot out the usual complaints, whines and rants about cutbacks.

If you're tempted to do that just remember the tens of thousand of CM's who are still getting paid throughout this- that is very much a positive thing the company is doing.

Lilofan

With lost revenue likely in the hundreds of millions of dollars, and their laudable decision to continue paying cast members throughout this despite zero revenue this is to be expected. There are going to be lots of reductions all over the place when things reopen until this all settles and we eventually return back to normal. This will be the new normal for a while and it is not a result of any malicious or greedy intent by Disney but the economic reality of the shutdown. It's not the time to trot out the usual complaints, whines and rants about cutbacks.

If you're tempted to do that just remember the tens of thousand of CM's who are still getting paid throughout this- that is very much a positive thing the company is doing.
I commend TWDC and realize that some cast live paycheck to paycheck and would maybe homeless if not getting a paycheck weekly. 👍

Cmdr_Crimson

The park is not at all going to open in April. Not even close enough to enough time for this to go away. Disney arent going to announce a long closure as that wouldn't be very smart given how quickly everything has happened.

If we're being totally realistic theres a good chance that the parks are going to be shut for a good couple of months.

When they eventually do reopen expect a very low number of cast members, probably shorter hours, some shops/restaurants closed etc. I don't think you can underestimate just how much this is costing Disney right now, they'll be making significant losses for the next 12 months.
But, it states it's closed until the end of March...

donsullivan

Premium Member
But, it states it's closed until the end of March...

That is the current placeholder time interval that many organizations are using to get the process started. Based on the rate of change we're seeing in the news each day it is reasonable to expect them to reevaluate when we get close to that date and extend the closure to a further date. They've already extended the cruise line shutdown into mid April

nickys

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That is the current placeholder time interval that many organizations are using to get the process started. Based on the rate of change we're seeing in the news each day it is reasonable to expect them to reevaluate when we get close to that date and extend the closure to a further date. They've already extended the cruise line shutdown into mid April
They can’t create panic in their booking/revenue systems by bringing the mobbed April week’s into play yet...

But is there any way they can make those dates? Doesn’t look good. I don’t see the airlines or park operations with a semi-legitimate shot of being functional by 4/15 even if the BEST case scenario works out.

esskay

donsullivan

Premium Member
Very sad.

People want change and more IP...to their own detriment

Please stop with the negative agenda hit complaints. These changes have nothing to do with Intellectual Property. They are 100% a result of a health crisis impacting the entire globe and the economic impact of the Parks & Resorts business- Full Stop. There is nothing else triggering this beyond economic impact of the health crisis.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Please stop with the negative agenda hit complaints. These changes have nothing to do with Intellectual Property. They are 100% a result of a health crisis impacting the entire globe and the economic impact of the Parks & Resorts business- Full Stop. There is nothing else triggering this beyond economic impact of the health crisis.
Sorry...that’s not my “agenda”...

I was merely stating it’s sad to see those “non-headliner” type acts go as they have rotated toward more film based entertainment. They have axed these types of acts for awhile now. Replacements have not been good or not happened at all.

I wasn’t bringing corona virus into it...I think you might have read between the lines and found something that wasn’t there.

kalel8145

What did everyone expect to happen? Disney would have all of their parks closed at the same time, but be able to operate as normal once it's all over? Of course there's going to be cuts. Every industry in the world is going to either make cuts or raise prices.
Come on now, condemnation is paramount here..don`t interject common sense.

wannabeBelle

I will miss both the British Revolution guys as well as the Drummers. Both were great acts that I would see when in Epcot. Hopefully, Disney will ramp up the live entertainment again once the parks re-open. I had a feeling British Revolution wasnt going to be renewed this year to allow for construction in the UK pavilion area. I do agree with Sir Walter though, replacement acts for the most part, have not been good or have not happened at all. I'd like to see a return to the great acts that were in the park previously, that were entertaining and engaging. There have been some that have been great such as the Guardians show, which is awesome. Here is to hoping!! Marie

mf1972

I will miss both the British Revolution guys as well as the Drummers. Both were great acts that I would see when in Epcot. Hopefully, Disney will ramp up the live entertainment again once the parks re-open. I had a feeling British Revolution wasnt going to be renewed this year to allow for construction in the UK pavilion area. I do agree with Sir Walter though, replacement acts for the most part, have not been good or have not happened at all. I'd like to see a return to the great acts that were in the park previously, that were entertaining and engaging. There have been some that have been great such as the Guardians show, which is awesome. Here is to hoping!! Marie
i preferred 1 of the previous bands. think they were called the british invasion. got a kick out of the beatles wigs they wore. as much as we enjoy the UK pavilion, for me it hasn’t been the same since the world showcase players left 😞

wannabeBelle

i preferred 1 of the previous bands. think they were called the british invasion. got a kick out of the beatles wigs they wore. as much as we enjoy the UK pavilion, for me it hasn’t been the same since the world showcase players left 😞
I think all of us had our own favorites, I'm an Off Kilter fan myself, then Alberta Bound, but World Showcase isnt the same without the live entertainment. I did catch the last showing of the World Showcase Players and complained to the VP of Entertainment of Epcot that day, as Off Kilter was also leaving that same year. Apparently that didnt help, as almost one year to the day, Mulch, Sweat & Shears was cut as well, at the Studios. I realize that is a different park, but it does seem to be the same school of thought. Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom