Matching shirts

mikepaj

We are going to WDW in November and I wanted to get personalized matching Disney t-shirts for my wife, 2 boys and me. I found personalzed tees on the Disney store site but they don't have anything smaller than a child's large available (my boys are 6 and 4). Does anyone know of anywhere else that such a product is available?

Thank you.

aimster

I know alot of families do the matching shirt thing, but if anyone ever wanted me to do it, I'd throw the shirt right back at them. Seeing people in matching shirts/outfits is one of my biggest pet peeves. :lol:

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

aimster said:
I know alot of families do the matching shirt thing, but if anyone ever wanted me to do it, I'd throw the shirt right back at them. Seeing people in matching shirts/outfits is one of my biggest pet peeves. :lol:

Well excu-use me! :lol:

Upvote 0

mrtoad

aimster said:

I think it can be a good idea. It makes it easier for everyone to spot each other.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We've done the matching shirts thing twice. The first time we had the shirt done up with our own design before we left home. We were easy to spot in our bright yellow shirts. The second time we ordered from the Disney website. The plain white T's were very soft and comfy. The site mentioned above www.zazzle.com has a very large variety of shirts available with personalizing possibilities. I haven't ordered from there yet but am planning to very soon.

Upvote 0

My wife is usually against the matching shirt idea but when we go to WDW that is the exception. We have matching tropical outfits for the first day of our Cruise. We also have a few homemade shirts that, while not an exact match, are along the same "theme" to each other. Sure you can buy shirts from Disney, but most of my favorite Disney shirts are homemade. Just get some iron on transfers for your prointer and you're set!

Upvote 0

Nicole

Anywhere but Disney I'm not into matching shirts, but at Disney it adds to the fun. I think we got chosen to be the GMR "Superstar Family of the Day" at MGM the last time because we were matching.

I was able to find us matching shirts in the Disney catalog, they had both adult and child sizes. Best of all they were on sale for something like $8 each!!

Upvote 0

aimster

Well, the most people I've been to WDW over the last 25 years I've been visiting is 2 others besides me, so I've never done the matching shirt thing. I can see how it's easier to spot others in your group if you got alot of people with you though.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

I've always thought that would be a good idea. My wife has always thought it would be a bad idea.
Perhaps it's because I played baseball/basketball/football as a kid and getting your 'uniform' was a big deal.
My wife, on the other hand, went to Catholic school for first 6 years, is very opposed to the idea.
Closest I've ever gotten my family is to all buy Splash Mountain shirts. They are four different shirts, all with Splash Mountain on them somewhere.
We also have Mission:Space shirts, but have yet to wear them all at the same time.
As to the traditional, 25 people at Disney World with matching loud shirts so you can see each other, I think it's cute, but I've never done it.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea to have the same colored shirts. I think it makes it easier to find people in a crowd. However, having your party wear red shirts on Gay Day kind of defeats the purpose. :animwink:

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

We've done shirts, hats, windbreakers, poncho's (decorated at home with waterproof markers and paint. Just think of something that your family can get behind and enjoy.

Upvote 0

cherrynegra

chucknstuff said:
We've done shirts, hats, windbreakers, poncho's (decorated at ome with waterproof markers and paint. Just think of something that your family can get behind and enjoy.

Actually, I remember reading in the Unofficial Guide that this one family bought blue ponchos out of the park and that helped them when the rains started because everyone else was wearing the usual yellow.

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

I forgot to say that we even bought the water bottle fans from Target and spruced them up a bit. Fans are cheaper when you don't get them from the park.

Another idea is to go down to Downtown Disney to the shop where the Robot Arm spray paints your shirt as you watch. The price is $18 - $30 depending on the shift you get (not including sweatshirts or jerseys).

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

I've actually made a LOT of matching shirts and sweatshirts! :) I have a flair for just about anything "artsy", so I used to paint a bunch of shirts and t-shirts with Disney Characters and my friend's names. :) That might be a thought to save you some cash and have a family bonding activity - make your own shirts! :)

Enjoy your vacation!

Upvote 0

scorp111

We have made a total of 8 iron-transfer shirts for our upcoming trip, including 6 with a picture of my dear daughter on them riding her tigger toy....

All 6 in our group will be wearing them one day next week....

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I've never done it, but I can see where it would be helpful in "herding" a large group. Also, it would make it easy to describe a lost child! "What was he wearing, M'am?" "A shirt exactly like mine."

Upvote 0

shari71

Two years ago I bought my husband, daughter and I matching 2002 shirts. Last year I ordered the personalized ones off of Disney and put the dates and places we went on them (They are the softess shirts and I still where them). This year I ordered mine from DisneyStore.com again and they were backordered on children's for 12 weeks and adult's for 8 weeks. We received the all the children's except for one two weeks ago (well ahead of the 12 week backorder) and the adult's a week ago. Still waiting on the one children's shirt that was personalized for my daughter's birthday. Wanted it for when we were down there for everyone to see.

www.zazzle.com has some nice ones but I have not ordered from them. If you have a Disney Bank One card, I think they are offering a discount as well.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I have a similiar experience to Shari71. We ordered 18 matching from Disneystore.com for our disney cruise in February. They were all backordered 12 weeks, but we received the first batch 6 days later. Now 7 weeks later we have all but two.

I had a separate order - just one shirt - for my daughters birthday. It's been 9 week and no shirt. Her birthdays getting close and I'm getting nervous!

Matching shirts are very corny, and yet great fun for a large group. We never go to Disney with less then 15 people or so. The kids and the grandparents are the ones who get the MOST excited about the shirts, but we all enjoy them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom