Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
You are missing the point, if the majority of people say they will no longer go to Disney World until masks aren't required, Disney will drop the requirements as they won't make any money.

I am not saying it will be immediate, but likely by the end of summer and almost definitely by the end of the year that we see the general public refuse face masks en mass.
Reine Des Neiges No GIF by Morphin

Chi84

Premium Member
agreed, I was referring more to the pressure now and in next few months, and that WDW will not be backing down from
They shouldn’t back down. The last thing they should do is have rules and fail to enforce them - it’s completely unfair to people who rely on those rules when deciding on when to visit.

That said, these restrictions were adopted at a time when people had no way to protect themselves from getting and spreading the virus. That situation is changing rapidly. It won’t be long before restrictions are reconsidered in light of how effective they are.

kinglsyyy

I think that point were people refuse to were masks, wont be till at least summer 2022 and by then Bob Chapek, said masks and social distancing are out..

plawren2

I think that point were people refuse to were masks, wont be till at least summer 2022 and by then Bob Chapek, said masks and social distancing are out..
Will be interesting to see how it plays out and how WDW responds-as there is already widespread rejection of masks and at some point when majority are vaccinated (summer 2021?) the public refusal to endure masks will be great

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
...you mean masks and social distancing in WDW may be relax or gone by this summer or early 2022 not summer 2022.

kinglsyyy

There are plenty of people that are ok with wearing masks, just as many as those who are not ok with wearing masks.

And those that are more concerned about masks have done less and have more pent-up energy to get out and do things now that they have a vaccine. And they haven’t experienced a mask in the Florida summer for 8 hours.

So yes I mean Summer 2022 before people start to pass on a WDW vacation with masks in any number that would effect there bottom line.

To be clear when I don’t have to wear a mask I don’t, and prefer not to. I prefer to social distance and hand sanitize pre covid as I will post covid.
But I always wear a mask when needed, I respect establishments rules and I follow them when required.
I did experience WDW with a mask in a Florida summer, and we will pass this summer and will do more water parks and beaches.

DisneyFan32

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
There are plenty of people that are ok with wearing masks, just as many as those who are not ok with wearing masks.

And those that are more concerned about masks have done less and have more pent-up energy to get out and do things now that they have a vaccine. And they haven’t experienced a mask in the Florida summer for 8 hours.

So yes I mean Summer 2022 before people start to pass on a WDW vacation with masks in any number that would effect there bottom line.

To be clear when I don’t have to wear a mask I don’t, and prefer not to. I prefer to social distance and hand sanitize pre covid as I will post covid.
But I always wear a mask when needed, I respect establishments rules and I follow them when required.
I did experience WDW with a mask in a Florida summer, and we will pass this summer and will do more water parks and beaches.
unless WDW could changed their minds and make masks and social distancing relaxing or gone by this summer.

bdearl41

By the end of summer I imagine pressure to remove masks will be immense. Most likely too cases will be as near to zero by then too. It’ll be interesting to see how it plays out as I think Disney and airlines will be the last hold outs for masks.

Phil12

rude, agressive behavior is not allowed
You are missing the point, if the majority of people say they will no longer go to Disney World until masks aren't required, Disney will drop the requirements as they won't make any money.

I am not saying it will be immediate, but likely by the end of summer and almost definitely by the end of the year that we see the general public refuse face masks en mass.
I am not missing your point. The problem with your idea is that "the majority of people" do not share your blatant disregard for public health and safety.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Interestingly enough I went to see if I could find a recent poll to see where people stood and how it has changed over time. I could find at least 3 major polls done a week by pollsters from Summer 2020 through January of this year. Of the 30 biggest polls I couldn't find a single one after that. I did, however, find this Yahoo news story linked to a small poll which I really question the rests of:

Feel free to read it, but here is the focus :

While outside this poll, plenty of people have claimed that they’ll burn their masks and hug everyone in sight when the pandemic is over, the survey’s findings suggest the majority of people feel otherwise. The survey specifically found the following:

• 72 percent of people still plan to wear masks in public.
  • 80 percent will avoid crowds.
  • 90 percent will frequently wash their hands and use hand sanitizer.

I'm not buying 72% of the country will continue to wear a mask AFTER the pandemic is over.

Last edited by a moderator:

bdearl41

Interestingly enough I went to see if I could find a recent poll to see where people stood and how it has changed over time. I could find at least 3 major polls done a week by pollsters from Summer 2020 through January of this year. Of the 30 biggest polls I couldn't find a single one after that. I did, however, find this Yahoo news story linked to a small poll which I really question the rests of:

While outside this poll, plenty of people have claimed that they’ll burn their masks and hug everyone in sight when the pandemic is over, the survey’s findings suggest the majority of people feel otherwise. The survey specifically found the following:

I'm not buying 72% of the country will continue to wear a mask AFTER the pandemic is over.
This is indicative of polling errors where polled people will tell the pollsters what they think they want to hear versus their actual desires or intentions

bdearl41

political
I am not missing your point. The problem with your idea is that "the majority of people" do not share your blatant disregard for public health and safety.
I wonder where you are. I live in a purple state. In an urban area. One that went 70% Democratic to give an idea. And I think mask use maybe 50% now and there is zero social distancing. Hasn’t been distancing for a few months now.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
This is indicative of polling errors where polled people will tell the pollsters what they think they want to hear versus their actual desires or intentions
Also makes me wonder where all the polling went????? Don't ask a question when you already know the answer? And maybe the answer doesn't fit the "we are going to have COVID forever because reasons! (feel free to insert anything negative)" narrative.

bdearl41

Also makes me wonder where all the polling went????? Don't ask a question when you already know the answer? And maybe the answer doesn't fit the "we are going to have COVID forever because reasons! (feel free to insert anything negative)" narrative.
Agreed. The leading questions have been particularly bad through this story.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Agreed. The leading questions have been particularly bad through this story.
You can get a poll to say anything you want depending on :

1. How you ask the question

A. Do you agree with COVID restrictions because if you don't there is a good chance your grandma will die!!

B. Do you agree with COVID restrictions? You will probably lose your business, your savings and maybe your house?

2. Where you ask the question

A. In Chicago IL at a bears game I ask who the best football team in the NFL is?

B. In Miami FL at a dolphins game I ask who the best football team in the NFL is?

3. Who you ask the question

A. I ask 100 Vegetarians about what they like about eating meat

B. I ask 100 meat eaters about what they like about eating meat.

plawren2

I wonder where you are. I live in a purple state. In an urban area. One that went 70% Democratic to give an idea. And I think mask use maybe 50% now and there is zero social distancing. Hasn’t been distancing for a few months now.
I live in a blue city (with 70%+ democratic) within a red state and it is rare to see someone not wearing a mask at in-door locations, and most are careful about social distancing-and both have been pretty consistent for over a year. Mask wearing and social distancing has varied across the US over the last year and currently, but still very common in many locations

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I would be interested to see how these questions were actually worded. I did some digging but can't find that information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom