Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

EPICOT

We're almost at the point where anyone 40+ or with a medical condition has or is signed up to get their vaccine (or least they can if they want it). "Wearing my mask for others" is no longer relevant when there isn't a group that needs extra protection. It's just feel-good at that point.

MrConbon

Maybe it is me but I kind of wish that the physically distanced ride queues would remain in place after the pandemic is over. I like not having other people stepping on my feet while in line.
I mean I’m sure everyone is loving that aspect. Only issue is that rides just physically don’t have the room for those massive lines.

Chi84

Premium Member
We're almost at the point where anyone 40+ or with a medical condition has or is signed up to get their vaccine (or least they can if they want it). "Wearing my mask for others" is no longer relevant when there isn't a group that needs extra protection. It's just feel-good at that point.
I have no issues whatsoever with people who go above and beyond what the rules require when it comes to mask-wearing - as long as they’re okay with me doing only what’s required. There are people who wear masks walking alone on the trails at our local arboretum even though it’s not required. It’s none of my concern as long as they don’t expect me to do the same.

wdwjmp239

Wow! Long time no see on here! I hope everyone is well and dealing with COVID-19 and the pandemic in the best way they know how. I wanted to share my experiences about the masking and social distancing at Walt Disney World as I have just come back from a Disney trip (3/15/21 to 3/18/21).

First of all, shout out to all the Disney CMs who are keeping Walt Disney World as clean as possible to keep the doors open so people like us can visit. Second of all, shout out to all of you who keep your masks on and just take each day in the parks as it come. Third, I wanted to share my experience with a "Karen" at the Magic Kingdom bus depot on 3/17/21. My son and I were waiting for the Saratoga Springs Bus to come when this lady comes up from behind and starts complaining about the mask situation in the park. She kept saying, "We're outside! Why do we have to wear masks? We're outside! Why do we have to wear masks?" Of course, I didn't want to respond, but I turned around and she goes, "When I get back home, I'm going to complain to Disney management about this mask situation." I let her complain and then I responded, "Yes, you're outside. But, you're outside with about 50,000 other people. Wouldn't that suck if there was ONE person in the crowd who was asymptomatic and turned a family vacation at Disney into a super spreader event? Wouldn't it suck even more if Disney closed doors again?" The lady looked at me and goes, "Don't care. Still complaining to management." At that point, another bus to another resort showed up and my son and I took a trip leaving "Karen" behind.

So again, thank you all for wearing the masks! Let's crush COVID-19 together so we can enjoy Disney pre-pandemic soon!

Much love to you all!

Chi84

Premium Member
Wow! Long time no see on here! I hope everyone is well and dealing with COVID-19 and the pandemic in the best way they know how. I wanted to share my experiences about the masking and social distancing at Walt Disney World as I have just come back from a Disney trip (3/15/21 to 3/18/21).

First of all, shout out to all the Disney CMs who are keeping Walt Disney World as clean as possible to keep the doors open so people like us can visit. Second of all, shout out to all of you who keep your masks on and just take each day in the parks as it come. Third, I wanted to share my experience with a "Karen" at the Magic Kingdom bus depot on 3/17/21. My son and I were waiting for the Saratoga Springs Bus to come when this lady comes up from behind and starts complaining about the mask situation in the park. She kept saying, "We're outside! Why do we have to wear masks? We're outside! Why do we have to wear masks?" Of course, I didn't want to respond, but I turned around and she goes, "When I get back home, I'm going to complain to Disney management about this mask situation." I let her complain and then I responded, "Yes, you're outside. But, you're outside with about 50,000 other people. Wouldn't that suck if there was ONE person in the crowd who was asymptomatic and turned a family vacation at Disney into a super spreader event? Wouldn't it suck even more if Disney closed doors again?" The lady looked at me and goes, "Don't care. Still complaining to management." At that point, another bus to another resort showed up and my son and I took a trip leaving "Karen" behind.

So again, thank you all for wearing the masks! Let's crush COVID-19 together so we can enjoy Disney pre-pandemic soon!

Much love to you all!
I probably would have just said it’s an enforcement issue. Too many people to keep track of when masks are/are not required. Hopefully things will soon improve to the point where Disney can relax the mask requirements, at least outside.

Goofnut1980

I hope all of the silly mask requirements, 6 foot spacing and cheap zip tied plexiglass all goes a way soon. With the vaccines being administered and temperatures being taken at the park entrances, they should be gone soon.
Didn't the CDC just announce for schools the kids only need to be 3 foot apart now. So give it time and those lines will be back to normal.

disneygeek90

WDW should keep all the same restrictions until all adults (and maybe even teens/children?) have the vaccine available to them. We've done this song and dance for nearly a year while protecting and respecting others, a few months more aren't going to hurt.

EPICOT

WDW should keep all the same restrictions until all adults (and maybe even teens/children?) have the vaccine available to them. We've done this song and dance for nearly a year while protecting and respecting others, a few months more aren't going to hurt.
Who are we protecting when all risk groups are vaccinated? The risk of hospitalization is less than 3% and the death rate is less than quarter of a percent for those under 40.

Who says it's just going to be "a few months more?" There are some saying we will need to do this for another year.

There's no endgame for this, and anyone who suggests as such is deemed as "not caring about others."

disneygeek90

Who are we protecting when all risk groups are vaccinated? The risk of hospitalization is less than 3% and the death rate is less than quarter of a percent for those under 40.

Who says it's just going to be "a few months more?" There are some saying we will need to do this for another year.

There's no endgame for this, and anyone who suggests as such is deemed as "not caring about others."
All adult vaccines should be available by May from what I'm hearing. Are you saying we can't do this until June/July?

EPICOT

All adult vaccines should be available by May from what I'm hearing. Are you saying we can't do this until June/July?
That's what I'm hearing as well, and I would think that'd be an acceptable time for both sides to agree on significantly reducing COVID restrictions. But I'm not sure I can find any major leader (I'm thinking Fauci or Biden level) who will commit to it.

wdwjmp239

I probably would have just said it’s an enforcement issue. Too many people to keep track of when masks are/are not required. Hopefully things will soon improve to the point where Disney can relax the mask requirements, at least outside.
Just have to be patient and roll with it. I'm a teacher in a classroom and we have to wear masks. I do it because 1) to protect my kids and 2) my employer requires that I wear one and 3) I love my job. Truthfully, it's at a point now where if I forget my mask - it's like forgetting my phone or my wallet. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom