Masks and Social Distancing Go Away in WDW

When Masks and Social Distancing will go away in USA?

• Summer 2021

Votes: 45 10.5%
  • Fall/Winter 2021

Votes: 123 28.7%

Votes: 228 53.1%

Votes: 20 4.7%

Votes: 6 1.4%

Votes: 7 1.6%

• Total voters

Walt Disney1955

political posts are not allowed
The best medicine is to follow Covid-19 precautionary guidelines and not to spread misinformation and deny science.

You have been lied to for over a year. It is time to move on with life. There were 40,000 mostly maskless fans at a near sold out ballpark last night in Texas for their home opener. Now that's progress. I wish we had that up here in Canada but our politicians make Cuomo and Newsom look like Mr. Rogers. Things are shifting away from this fear, so you can either join (the best suggestion) or don't.

Walt Disney1955

It’s happening!!!!!!

I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw this as well! Then I see it is just for picture taking. However, it looks like the mask mandate will be lifted in Orange County in June according to that very same link. If that is the case then we would probably literally book our trip within hours. The fall is starting to look better and better for a WDW trip. Just in time for the 50th anniversary. I think WDW reads these posts quite a bit, so my guess is they are well aware of how many people would come once the masks are kaput.

Phil12

You have been lied to for over a year. It is time to move on with life. There were 40,000 mostly maskless fans at a near sold out ballpark last night in Texas for their home opener. Now that's progress. I wish we had that up here in Canada but our politicians make Cuomo and Newsom look like Mr. Rogers. Things are shifting away from this fear, so you can either join (the best suggestion) or don't.
I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

bdearl41

So tonight there was a restaurant that was giving a free burger to those who had been vaccinated. Spoke with one of the servers. They expected 50-75 free burgers. By the time we left at 8, they had done over 850 free burgers.

Texas84

So tonight there was a restaurant that was giving a free burger to those who had been vaccinated. Spoke with one of the servers. They expected 50-75 free burgers. By the time we left at 8, they had done over 850 free burgers.
And Krispy Kreme giving out free doughnuts.

pixie225

Truthfully, I am hoping they do not drop the mask and social distancing rules at DW until our long-awaited vacay is completed (5/1-5/7). I fully understand everyone has virus fatigue, as we do- and living in NY with more restrictions than other states, believe me - we do. However, I do not know who has or has not been vaccinated (we have been) and there is still a chance that we could get the virus with all the people around, or even spread the virus if we happen to be carriers. We are trying to open our lives back up safely - with safely being the key word. We will do our part to keep others safe. Hope others do the same.

Chi84

Premium Member
Truthfully, I am hoping they do not drop the mask and social distancing rules at DW until our long-awaited vacay is completed (5/1-5/7). I fully understand everyone has virus fatigue, as we do- and living in NY with more restrictions than other states, believe me - we do. However, I do not know who has or has not been vaccinated (we have been) and there is still a chance that we could get the virus with all the people around, or even spread the virus if we happen to be carriers. We are trying to open our lives back up safely - with safely being the key word. We will do our part to keep others safe. Hope others do the same.
We'll be there at the same time (also vaccinated), and I don't have any hope they'll relax restrictions any more between now and then. Most people are not vaccinated and there's no way of telling who is and who is not. Restrictions still have to be enforced for everyone right now.

Lilofan

I don't plan to go to WDW in the heat of the summer which is basically May to October. If I did I would see if I could wear a mask in 90-100 degrees for 10-12 hours a day. It would be a challenge .

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't plan to go to WDW in the heat of the summer which is basically May to October. If I did I would see if I could wear a mask in 90-100 degrees for 10-12 hours a day. It would be a challenge .
Early May can still be pretty bearable in terms of weather, at least in the early morning and evening. DH and I are going in order to use expiring DVC points and plan to spend the hottest part of the day at the pools or Blizzard Beach. But if we can't get much else done because of the heat, we're okay with it. No way I would take the whole family under these circumstances.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I wonder if after riding on outdoor coasters, masks will look like the front of cars during love bug season...??? :cautious: 😜
FYI... Love bug season is April - May, and again in the fall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom