Mask Mandates Dropping For Disney Transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairyChest

Original Poster
Now that mask mandates for public transportation have been struck down, how quickly will we see Disney follow suit and remove the mandates from their transportation on monorails and busses?

I think this Friday it will be lifted. Announcement incoming Wednesday or Thursday

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I would imagine there’ll probably be an appeal, which would surely push the legal proceedings beyond the next expiration date of 5/3. So who knows what’ll happen.

montyz81

They will wait for Universal and then make a move. It seems to be their modus operandi as of late. It used to be the other way around, but now Universal dictates what Disney does. Talk about giving in to your competition!

mikejs78

Premium Member
Disney technically doesn't have to follow it as is. They could stop today if they wanted.
Is the fact that they are their own government entity via Reedy Creek what makes a difference here? Is it possible that they feel that they are required under the CDC guidelines?

donsullivan

Premium Member
Then why haven't they? They have dropped all other mitigation, and dropped the requirements on the Skyliner, why hold on to this if there wasn't some sort of outside influence?
Disney transportation (specifically buses and monorails because of the number of passengers per vehicle) is subject to Federal Transportation rules and is required to follow those guidelines.

it’s all moot now, the White House has stated that the TSA and NTSB will no longer enforce the mask mandate. This is in the last hour or so. It will likely take a little while for Disney to make a change decision and communicate it.

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

United Airlines and others just announced dropping it. Disney didn't keep theirs around for safety reasons (need I point out that they have zero COVID protocol whatsoever elsewhere on property). May they overthink it and drop it in a Friday dump? Sure. But I honestly think it will be gone by Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:

HairyChest

Original Poster
Disney transportation (specifically buses and monorails because of the number of passengers per vehicle) is subject to Federal Transportation rules and is required to follow those guidelines.

it’s all moot now, the White House has stated that the TSA and NTSB will no longer enforce the mask mandate. This is in the last hour or so. It will likely take a little while for Disney to make a change decision and communicate it.
Yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom