Marvel Studios' X-Men '97

Joel

Man, episode 5 was really something. I thought this was interesting and worth posting here:

It's unfortunate whatever happened with DeMayo. This show was obviously made by people who care deeply about the source material, which is all you can really ask for as a fan regardless of how it turns out. And so far it's been spectacular. What could have been cheap and easy nostalgia bait turned out to be a beautifully written (and drawn) love letter to the original that's better than it in almost every way.

I think there are some real lessons for Marvel (and probably even Disney and Hollywood as a whole) here. More of this, please.

Ghost93

It's hard to determine getting rid of DeMayo was the right call or not because we still don't have the details of why he was actually fired. It could have been something serious. But from an artistic standpoint, he's great.

X-men 97 was a project I had no hype for as I had only seen a handful of episodes of the original animated series, but this revival show has been excellent. Probably the best Marvel television show since WandaVision, and definitely better than a majority of the recent Marvel movies so far. Hopefully this show can stick the landing with its first season.

LSLS

It's hard to determine getting rid of DeMayo was the right call or not because we still don't have the details of why he was actually fired. It could have been something serious. But from an artistic standpoint, he's great.

X-men 97 was a project I had no hype for as I had only seen a handful of episodes of the original animated series, but this revival show has been excellent. Probably the best Marvel television show since WandaVision, and definitely better than a majority of the recent Marvel movies so far. Hopefully this show can stick the landing with its first season.
It had to be something big I would think. It was so abrupt, right before the series debut when he should be promoting everything. But yeah, it's been great. Personally, I'd say since Moon Knight cause I still absolutely love that show, but still, totally agree, it's been great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom