Marvel Studios' X-Men '97

doctornick

I know they had hinted to a new X-Men animated series, but this is pretty surprising. Are they going to get the same voice actors?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know they had hinted to a new X-Men animated series, but this is pretty surprising. Are they going to get the same voice actors?

"A new generation, and fans of the original decade-defining cartoon, will enjoy this all-new animated series that revisits the iconic era and cast of characters from 1992’s X-Men: The Animated Series. In X-Men ’97 viewers can expect a return to this classic period in X-Men history, with many of the same cast members from its original run!"

"Featuring the voice talents of original X-Men: The Animated Series cast members including Cal Dodd, Lenore Zann, George Buza, Alison Sealy-Smith, Chris Potter, Catherine Disher, Adrian Hough, and Christopher Britton, some cast members of X-Men ‘97 will reprise their original roles, with others voicing entirely brand-new parts.

X-Men '97 will also welcome a number of new voices to the cast, including Jennifer Hale, Anniwaa Buachie, Ray Chase, Matthew Waterson, JP Karliak, Holly Chou, Jeff Bennett, and AJ LoCascio."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
The voice cast includes:

Ray Chase as Cyclops
Jennifer Hale as Jean Grey
Alison Sealy-Smith as Storm
Cal Dodd as Wolverine
JP Karliak as Morph
Lenore Zann as Rogue
George Buza as Beast
AJ LoCascio as Gambit
Holly Chou as Jubilee
Isaac Robinson-Smith as Bishop
Matthew Waterson as Magneto
Adrian Hough as Nightcrawler

Here's the new poster.

GGYihI5bIAA0S_0.jpg

LSLS

Not a fan of the Wolverine voice, but I liked the rest of them (always good when you can recognize who is speaking without being shown). I'm way more excited for this series than I have any right to be.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Not a fan of the Wolverine voice, but I liked the rest of them (always good when you can recognize who is speaking without being shown). I'm way more excited for this series than I have any right to be.
Its the same voice actors as the 90s original series. So Cal Dodd must be doing something different than what he did in the 90s, just doesn't seem as deep to me. Maybe its just the one clip that is off.

LSLS

Its the same voice actors as the 90s original series. So Cal Dodd must be doing something different than what he did in the 90s, just doesn't seem as deep to me. Maybe its just the one clip that is off.
Definitely could be just the one clip. But LOL it's the same actors, guess that would explain why I thought the voices were good for most of them. I wonder how many of the big bads come back (cause man I loved Apocalypse in the original series)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Definitely could be just the one clip. But LOL it's the same actors, guess that would explain why I thought the voices were good for most of them. I wonder how many of the big bads come back (cause man I loved Apocalypse in the original series)
Well Apocalypse was voiced by 3 different actors in the original series.

Anyways I believe most if not all that could come back did. However I haven't specifically heard about every villain that will be in the new series, so not sure about Apocalypse if he is there or not.

LSLS

Well Apocalypse was voiced by 3 different actors in the original series.

Anyways I believe most if not all that could come back did. However I haven't specifically heard about every villain that will be in the new series, so not sure about Apocalypse if he is there or not.

Yeah, all did well with it too. But I'm more thinking about just the character himself. I was just so amazed by him when I was little. Pretty disappointed by how it went with him in the movie for the most part.

MoonRakerSCM

Friend was obsessed with the x-men cartoon. He is extremely wary of this... looks good... but he has lost all faith in anything Disney is involved with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom