Marvel Studios' Agatha All Along

MarvelCharacterNerd

"Aubrey Plaza, who is currently starring in Season 2 of HBO’s The White Lotus, has been tapped for a role opposite Kathryn Hahn and Joe Locke in Agatha: Coven of Chaos, Marvel’s upcoming WandaVision spinoff series for Disney+.

Details about Plaza’s role are kept under wraps, she is believed to be playing a villain opposite Hahn and Locke. A rep for Marvel declined comment."

This is going to be insane and I'm here for it. :D

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
"Aubrey Plaza, who is currently starring in Season 2 of HBO’s The White Lotus, has been tapped for a role opposite Kathryn Hahn and Joe Locke in Agatha: Coven of Chaos, Marvel’s upcoming WandaVision spinoff series for Disney+.

Details about Plaza’s role are kept under wraps, she is believed to be playing a villain opposite Hahn and Locke. A rep for Marvel declined comment."

We're now at Sass Level 5!!!

Snow Queen 83

I don't know why they made this show. It would have been better to make a show about one of the more popular characters. I don't think most normal people were clamoring for this one.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't know why they made this show. It would have been better to make a show about one of the more popular characters. I don't think most normal people were clamoring for this one.
There are a lot of people who really enjoyed Hahn's Agatha. It was all over social media at the time. She became a popular meme.

To say that the people who want to see more of her and her character aren't "normal" is disgusting on your part. Shame.

LSLS

Yeah, there were a TON of people who wanted this show. And honestly, I'm not sure what character is left that is popular and doesn't need to be built up.

Snow Queen 83

To say that the people who want to see more of her and her character aren't "normal" is disgusting on your part. Shame.

What the heck are you talking about?

I said "Most Normal People" don't want to see this, which is true. The people that do are mostly made up of "Disney Lovers", who tend to love everything Disney does. This last group is a small minority, whose numbers are dwindling with every bad movie and show that comes out.

Snow Queen 83

Yeah, there were a TON of people who wanted this show. And honestly, I'm not sure what character is left that is popular and doesn't need to be built up.

LOL, Marvel has a huge catalog of heroes and villains. This character is not good enough and does not deserve it's own show.

Ghost93

I'm really looking forward to Agatha Coven of Chaos. I will say, though, I've noticed that the people who tend to be most excited for the show are girls and gay guys. I'm not 100% sure why that is, but it is a thing I've noticed.

Prince-1

I said "Most Normal People" don't want to see this, which is true. The people that do are mostly made up of "Disney Lovers", who tend to love everything Disney does. This last group is a small minority, whose numbers are dwindling with every bad movie and show that comes out.

I am sure you have facts to support, "I said "Most Normal People" don't want to see this, which is true".

Disney Irish

Premium Member

What is your basis for this claim?
Who are these "normal people" you are classifying?
Have you polled all these "normal people" across the world?

Or is it that maybe you yourself, or your small circle of people you talk to, just aren't interested in it so you make a wild claim based on that.

Agatha was a popular character in WandaVision. She trended at the time the show came out, the "Agatha all along" song got over 10M hits, and she was a popular walk around villains character at DCA during Halloween. So to say that "most normal" people don't want to see this and its only "Disney Lovers" that do is a false claim. You can certainly speak for yourself and your small circle of people, but you can't speak for the entire population of "normal people". Because I can say that all the posters here are "normal people", and it appears that a large majority of the "normal people" posters here want to see this.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
LOL, Marvel has a huge catalog of heroes and villains. This character is not good enough and does not deserve it's own show.
Marvel has over 8k characters they can use. However they are picking characters for shows based on the overarching story they are telling and if they've already been used in the MCU whether the character was popular. The MCU is a long haul franchise, a single show like this isn't the end. They will hopefully be telling stories with many more of the currently unused characters for years to come.

Also who are you to say this character isn't good enough and doesn't deserve their own show? And what criteria are you using? Just because you personally aren't interested in this character and show doesn't mean many others aren't either. I can assure you that there are many people interested in this character and this show.

LSLS

They do, but your statement wasn't that Marvel has other characters, it was that they had other popular characters. And I don't think thats true. You think normal people know all their catalog of heroes and villains? I would bet money more people saw wandavision than have read a squirl girl comic.

Prince-1

What is your basis for this claim?
Who are these "normal people" you are classifying?
Have you polled all these "normal people" across the world?

Or is it that maybe you yourself, or your small circle of people you talk to, just aren't interested in it so you make a wild claim based on that.

Agatha was a popular character in WandaVision. She trended at the time the show came out, the "Agatha all along" song got over 10M hits, and she was a popular walk around villains character at DCA during Halloween. So to say that "most normal" people don't want to see this and its only "Disney Lovers" that do is a false claim. You can certainly speak for yourself and your small circle of people, but you can't speak for the entire population of "normal people". Because I can say that all the posters here are "normal people", and it appears that a large majority of the "normal people" posters here want to see this.

She or he joins the long line of trolls who think they have a clue what they are talking about. Just another person making some assertion of facts even though they have none to back it up.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Saturday Night Live alumna Sasheer Zamata has been cast in Agatha: Coven of Chaos, Marvel’s upcoming WandaVision spinoff series for Disney+, sources tell Deadline.

Zamata is said to be playing a recurring role in the series, joining lead Kathryn Hahn, who is reprising her role as WandaVision bad gal Agatha Harkness, male lead Joe Locke, Aubrey Plaza, who is believed to be playing a villainous role, Ali Ahn and Maria Dizzia who I hear are playing witches."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Patti LuPone is reportedly joining the cast of Agatha: Coven of Chaos.

WandaVision‘s best song Emmy win for “Agatha All Along”, performed by Kathryn Hahn, set the bar high for the spinoff series Agatha: Coven of Chaos, headlined by Hahn reprising her role as bad gal Agatha Harkness. The Marvel offshoot is now adding some big musical theater firepower, with three-time Tony winner Patti LuPone joining the cast of the upcoming series for Disney+, sources tell Deadline.”

“LuPone’s role is being kept under wraps, I hear she may be playing a witch. A rep for Marvel declined comment.”

Ghost93

Patti LuPone is reportedly joining the cast of Agatha: Coven of Chaos.

WandaVision‘s best song Emmy win for “Agatha All Along”, performed by Kathryn Hahn, set the bar high for the spinoff series Agatha: Coven of Chaos, headlined by Hahn reprising her role as bad gal Agatha Harkness. The Marvel offshoot is now adding some big musical theater firepower, with three-time Tony winner Patti LuPone joining the cast of the upcoming series for Disney+, sources tell Deadline.”

“LuPone’s role is being kept under wraps, I hear she may be playing a witch. A rep for Marvel declined comment.”

Okay, they are DEFINITELY targeting the gay community with this show. I'm getting strong Ryan Murphy/American Horror Story vibes with everything coming out about Agatha: Coven of Chaos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom