Marvel/Disney vs. Universal/DC..????

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
With the news today, a lot of different ideas and 'what if's' have come up.

I have one:

What if: Now that Marvel is with Disney; Universal acquires DC? Who would be the victor? I'm talking movies, parks, merchandise, whatever. Who would be more popular? Which one would you like more?

Mind you, this is just something to talk about. I'm not saying I think it will happen or anything (although, the way things are going you really never know).

What say ye??????:D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Universal doesn't have close to the money DC would go for.

Not gonna happen.

njDizFan

Universal doesn't have close to the money DC would go for.

Not gonna happen.
Dont understand why? GE is 4 times larger and profitable than WDC. They always seem like the little sibling of Disney. Apparently they dont get the budget of WDW.

mkt

Premium Member
Dont understand why? GE is 4 times larger and profitable than WDC. They always seem like the little sibling of Disney. Apparently they dont get the budget of WDW.
Compare how much of their revenue (as a percentage) is from parks and resorts as opposed to how much of Disney's is.

For Disney its a sizable chunk. For GE it's (comparably) a drop in the well.

njDizFan

Compare how much of their revenue (as a percentage) is from parks and resorts as opposed to how much of Disney's is.

For Disney its a sizable chunk. For GE it's (comparably) a drop in the well.
yeah I guess, yet GE is one of the only companies in the world that could outright buy Disney if they wanted.

Buzzer Beater

Well, I guess Disney/Marvel will definitely win.
A fusion o mutant plus well loved Disney Characters is just fine to get any fans screaming in excitement. :D

mkt

Premium Member
Umm, won't Universal have to change their "Marvel Superhero Island" with all its character based rides and shows? what happens there?
Nothing changes. Contract remains in place as long as Universal keeps paying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom