marriage proposal

cdunbar

I would just like to say to Coastermaster83, that ring was to die for! I mean that is one of those rings that a girl sees in a jewerly store window and goes that is a beautiful ring, neways back on topic!
I think that something really special would be by the wishing well and I believe there is trick where if you kneel and look back you can see a crown for Cinderella, you could have her do that and be behind her and then when she turns around your there with the ring and be like I want you to be my princess. I think that would be sweet....

DiPSU224

Another vote here for a proposal at the castle! People swoon and "aww" whenever you tell them you were engaged at Cinderella Castle.
I was proposed to during Wishes right at the end where the Blue Fairy asks everyone to put their hearts together and make a wish come true. It was perfect timing and When You Wish Upon A Star started playing. Hands down the best moment of my life. I only wish someone had captured it like some of the pictures other posters have!

nicnic

something out of the blue. Try getting front seats (with the driver) on the monorail at dusk, just as the sun is setting over the lagoon, and as you ride over the lagoon with the castle in the background and all the hotels lit up by the fading sun, ask her then? She would proberbly expect it at a restaurant or even in a park but the monorail.? but said that, Disney is magic, even the car park would do !!! ha ha

sorceresssamara

Proposal Pics

please excuse my horrendous outfit, as I wasn't expecting that!
572625038107_0_ALB.jpg

307025038107_0_ALB.jpg

as you can see we practically had the castle front area to ourselves and were able to have some privacy. But the clapping and cheering was an added touch!

Teenchy

There are lots of threads that talk about this subject and you may want to do a search for more ideas, but also if you dont mind spending some extra $$
check out www.giftsofalifetime.com
They can help you come up with some unique ideas and even decorate your room while your out. I have used them a couple of times for different occasions including my recent wedding at WDW in December.....see link in my signature for details. (They decorated our suite on the night of our wedding)

met19

well I guess since I just proposed to my Fiancee at CRT on Feb 14th I should chime in on this one and say they made that night a great one. I started the day off with a surprise of 1 day park hopper tickets that she was not expecting and then we started the day at epcot where I purchased a Leave A Legacy Plate for us for our second surprise and she still didnt get it LOL at 12pm we jetted over to MK and I told her as we went in that we didnt have much time because we had to go to dinner off property at 4:30 but we would come back at 6 for wishes and spectro. At 415 we were at Toon Town and I said hey we need to head out baby and shes like ok, So shes starts to head towards tomorrowland and I said hey thru the castle is faster and she followed me (being I know everything about disney in her eyes) so we get to the castle and I said hey I need to ask a question from the desk right there and walked up with her to CRT check in and said reservation for ____ and they said go right in and she was like WHAT and I said surprise. So the whole way inside shes like are we getting a window seat I want a window seat and I said you cant just ask for them they have to give you one and IDK hun (I had made the CRT Proposal reservation 9 months in advance) so they called use upstairs and they took us to a 2 seat table right at the window over fantasyland and shes totally clueless. So dinner comes and the waiter takes the dessert menu when he drops it off so they come to get our dinner plates and she looks at me and goes HEY WHERES MY MENU I DIDNT GET TO PICK MY DESSERT, Then she goes I need to used the ladies room and I said no the shows not over yet and just then they bought out the ring on the bed of roses and in the slipper, she was in totally shock and couldnt speak so I got down on one knee forgot everything I was going to say cus everyone was looking at me and I squeaked out jessica will you marry me and she said YES, and then everyone CLAPPPED AND SCREAMMED. IT WAS FREAKING AWESOME AND THE BEST MONEY IVE SPENT EVER. To cap the night off I bought her the Valentines Day Pin set for 2007 and our best friend showed up to see use after wishes.

You can see the photos here.

great photos. who took them if i might ask?

WDWJenn

My proposal

My fiance proposed to me first day first thing in the morning... at the photo spot in front of the castle. Didnt tell ANYONE not even the photopass guy...It was PERFECT... we waited in line to get our pic taken to start the trip as we usually do... we took our pose and he dropped to one knee right then and there. The photopass guy didn't miss a beat... we got atleast a dozen GREAT shots. Imagine how many great shots you could wind up with actually warning the photographer.

Another great spot is anywhere during or after Wishes or Illuminations. The two of us can't help but cry each and every time we see them. (In fact we're using "Promise" from Illuminations during our Unity Ceremony in our wedding; It's become OUR song.)

Whatever you decide to do... I recommend a photopass spot so you can have it documented for the two of you and all the friends and family that can't be there to see it first hand.

met19

My fiance proposed to me first day first thing in the morning... at the photo spot in front of the castle. Didnt tell ANYONE not even the photopass guy...It was PERFECT... we waited in line to get our pic taken to start the trip as we usually do... we took our pose and he dropped to one knee right then and there. The photopass guy didn't miss a beat... we got atleast a dozen GREAT shots. Imagine how many great shots you could wind up with actually warning the photographer.

Another great spot is anywhere during or after Wishes or Illuminations. The two of us can't help but cry each and every time we see them. (In fact we're using "Promise" from Illuminations during our Unity Ceremony in our wedding; It's become OUR song.)

Whatever you decide to do... I recommend a photopass spot so you can have it documented for the two of you and all the friends and family that can't be there to see it first hand.

what a great idea...

cofloyd86

Original Poster
hey thank you for all the great ideas. i have one question though does anyone know how much the glass slipper thing is.

BrittanyRose428

when i was at disney in august we saw la nuba and the clowns in the beginning gave someone in the audience the microphone and he proposed to his girlfriend, the next time i went in august we saw someone propose to someone on a boat near the contemporary during wishes

Looking for a private spot?

In addition to the Magic Kingdom spots mentioned earlier I wanted to suggest a couple of other spots.

First off there is a really great rose garden over in the UK pavilion at Epcot. It is right off the main walkway around the World Showcase, but it can be very nice and quiet.

If your girlfriend likes animals you may also want to consider the Animal Kingdom Lodge or park. There are a few overlooks at the Lodge that would let you propose in private and if you are at the Lodge there is a great restaurant called Jiko where you could go celebrate. If you are at the Animal Kingdom park there are a couple of pathways that take you back through various animal habitats. It would be very easy to find a quiet moment to propose on one of these paths while you are surrounded by exotic animals and flowers.

ThinkTink721

hey guys and girls i am going to disney world in sept. and i am going to ask my girlfriend to marry me. but i am stuck on were it would be a good place and time to do it so could anyone help me out. thanx
At night in front of the castle during Wishes!:king:

great photos. who took them if i might ask?

The manager at CRT and the PHOTOPASS person and then some of them are my bestfriend who came over just to take photos of us as we left the park.

As far as the ring goes she saw that ring our first month dating 4 and a half years ago and said I want something like that some day and I worked my butt off to get her just that same ring.

PSUDisney77

Back in May, I proposed to my now fiancee on the beach at the Grand Floridan resort. It was private and nobody was around and the wedding pavilion was really close so it made it really romantic. After that we watched Wishes from the beach. She loved it! Good luck with your proposal. I'm sure anything in WDW will be great.

Shadowdawn

Although I agree that pretty much anywhere at WDW will be magical, I'm the kind of girl that likes to stray from the beaten path.

If you've been to WDW before and she has some favorite rides, try calling GR to see if it's possible to plan something on a ride. Like "going" to the bathroom while you wait in line for Jungle Cruise and asking a cast member if the Captain can stop under the waterfall and say something about it being a romantic spot and then you popping the question.

Or taking a sunset cruise on the ferry around Tom Sawyers Island.

Or trying to set something up at the Luau at the Poly.

Or perhaps something to do with Figment and the Imagination ride.

lol....as you can see I've thought about this subject alot. My boyfriend and I are going to WDW next Sept. (his 1st time) and I'm hoping he'll come up with his own very special and unique idea

DizHistory

I proposed to my wife too at WDW (back in 1998). I did it on New Year's Eve at the Magic Kingdom at midnight. She was totally surprised (and said "yes"). :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom