Marketplace Margarita Bar construction

MarkTwain

The bar looks great. I can't wait to see it open; I feel like so much of DtD / Disney Springs never utilized their amazing waterfront location as much as they could have. This bar looks like a great place to take in the outdoor atmosphere and the views out to the water.

That said, does anyone else find the fresh-picked produce sign kind of... misleading? I get that they're trying to capture the "old town" vibe, but I think sometimes it's pet to just have the sign say what you're selling. I know people that do enjoy buying the fresh fruit and veggies at places like DAK, and might be let down by such a sign if they don't actually sell what they're advertising.

Nothing wrong with putting "Iced Margaritas" on a sign if you ask me.

mm121

Photo update as of Friday, Mar 20.

The sign above the bar is back (as of a few days ago)! As seen in this close-up of the front of the Margarita Bar that faces the Marketplace, a menu has been posted between the order windows. Margaritas will sell for $8.75 to $12.25.

View attachment 87604

Most of the construction materials have been removed from the deck. The deck around the bar is made of the same material as the Marketplace Causeway bridge. Hanging lights have been installed around the perimeter of the deck. With a few more pieces of wood to be painted/stained and tables and chairs to be delivered, this might have a soft opening in just days, certainly before the spring break season.

View attachment 87605

View attachment 87606
would be great if someone had some before photos of this area, overhead preferably, and i dunno if you can see this area from the balloon, but would be great to see this new area from overhead.

The bar looks great. I can't wait to see it open; I feel like so much of DtD / Disney Springs never utilized their amazing waterfront location as much as they could have. This bar looks like a great place to take in the outdoor atmosphere and the views out to the water.

That said, does anyone else find the fresh-picked produce sign kind of... misleading? I get that they're trying to capture the "old town" vibe, but I think sometimes it's pet to just have the sign say what you're selling. I know people that do enjoy buying the fresh fruit and veggies at places like DAK, and might be let down by such a sign if they don't actually sell what they're advertising.

Nothing wrong with putting "Iced Margaritas" on a sign if you ask me.

agreed, the lava cafe at rainforest was really the only place that was on the water, along with fultons, but the lava is actually pretty new in the grand scheme of things

its great to see they are working to convert paradiso to take advantage like boathouse and the hanger will.

it is kinda crazy that none of the places took advantage of dining on the water

thus far the truck park is the only waterfront dining on the west side, but who knows maybe that will change in the future

mm121

this definitely increases the untilization of the waterfront in the marketplace, in a way that is usable, but not overly visually obtrusive, like a full table service restaurant would have been, though its kinda too bad a quick service kiosk wasn't incorporated nearby, maybe in the location of the old margarita structure

would have been great to be able to sit out on this deck for lunch.

margarita.jpg

Sparkle1566

this definitely increases the untilization of the waterfront in the marketplace, in a way that is usable, but not overly visually obtrusive, like a full table service restaurant would have been, though its kinda too bad a quick service kiosk wasn't incorporated nearby, maybe in the location of the old margarita structure

would have been great to be able to sit out on this deck for lunch.

View attachment 87640

This area appears to be much larger then the old margarita bar area......
I used to go to Earl of sandwich and bring it over to previous seating area ..... it was pretty close.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, Mar 25. In these photos, there have been some additions since wdwmagic's post above. The faded "Fresh Picked Produce" sign is the Disney Springs backstory for the building's original use. A new sign (covered in black cloth here) has been added for the Margarita Bar re-use of the building. Workmen were installed additional hanging lights in the seating area.

IMG_5175.JPG

IMG_5176.JPG

raymusiccity

Exactly. Jimmy Buffet is the Margarita King. it's just too bad City Walk already gobbled up Margaritaville.
I'm sure Jimmy would be glad to move when his lease is up......given foot traffic is better than City Walk. Too early ro tell until the Springs is up and running for awhile.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Anyone have an idea when this will be opening? Going in late May and staying at POFQ this looks like a great reason for an evening boat ride to Disney Springs!!!

sunshine

I hope this is open April 30 when I'm there! I'm more excited about this Margarita bar than I am about Trader Sam's grog grotto (which I probably won't bother with, due to the reported crazy crowds there). I loved the old Margarita Bar and really missed it (and the steel drum performer!) on my last Disney trip. It's the perfect spot to grab a drink while strolling the shops. Hope they still serve plain old Corona with lime, too.

JimboJones123

would be great if someone had some before photos of this area, overhead preferably, and i dunno if you can see this area from the balloon, but would be great to see this new area from overhead.

agreed, the lava cafe at rainforest was really the only place that was on the water, along with fultons, but the lava is actually pretty new in the grand scheme of things

its great to see they are working to convert paradiso to take advantage like boathouse and the hanger will.

it is kinda crazy that none of the places took advantage of dining on the water

thus far the truck park is the only waterfront dining on the west side, but who knows maybe that will change in the future
Boathouse has a bar on a dock.

JimboJones123

Any word on flavors?

Or is this the same old same old lime, strawberry, pomegranate and mango?

A more Floridian flare would be fun, grapefruit or tangerine.

Is the habanero returning?

Texas84

This was posted a few days ago. Sounds like it could be a new hangout for me.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-opening-soon-at-downtown-disney-marketplace/

Refreshing, handcrafted margaritas and cocktails include:

• Patrón Añejo Margarita – Patrón Barrel Select Añejo Tequila, Grand Marnier, Sweet-and-Sour and fresh Lime Juice
  • Habanero Lime Margarita – Patrón Silver Tequila, Habanero Lime, fresh Lime Juice and Florida Sugar Cane Simple Syrup
  • Sunset Margarita – Casamigos Reposado Tequila, Cointreau, fresh Lime Juice, Sweet-and-Sour and Orange Juice
  • Orange Grove Rum Runner – Siesta Key Spiced Rum, Blackberry Brandy, Crème de Banana, and Florida Citrus Juices with a float of Gosling’s 151 Rum
  • Sugar Cane Mojito – Siesta Key Silver Rum, Florida Sugar Cane Simple Syrup, fresh Lime Juice and Mint
  • Strawberry Margarita – Herradura Reposado Tequila and fresh Lime Juice blended with Strawberry Purée
  • Florida Citrus Freeze – Florida Cane ‘Orlando Orange’ Vodka and Peach Schnapps blended with Orange Purée
Look for craft beers from Florida breweries, like Orange Blossom Pilsner, Bold City Duke’s Brown Ale and Cigar City Jai Alai IPA. Tropical Florida wine in refreshing flavors like Mango Mamma and Key Limen will also be available.

Dockside Margaritas is set to open April 23 at Downtown Disney Marketplace–just in time to kick back and enjoy Florida summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom