Margaritaville Resort Orlando

Jim Chandler

Michael Eisner made a point of building up Walt Disney World to capture the markets of other nearby attractions so guests wouldn’t feel compelled to leave property. TPFKADMGMS (now DHS) was built to rival Universal, DAK was built to give people their animal fix to keep them from Busch Gardens and maybe SeaWorld, stuff like the WDW Speedway and Test Track captured the car and racing interest, Mission Space makes your head hurt more than the Kennedy Space Center, but hey, considering Disney’s overwhelming market share back then I’d say it worked quite well. Point being, if a significant new market emerges and Disney does not become the leader in it, assuming it wouldn’t undercut their current business, I would likely consider that a failure on Disney’s part.

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion, it’s just surprising because you don’t do articles for even the biggest Universal and SeaWorld news, so why this?
Can’t see how it is a failure by Disney. mV is a smaller version of the WDW water parks. Currently the uniqueness is drawing people. I suspect the people who stay there will use the WP. However if you look at the additional cost to add on the WDW water park to a ticket it is a wash IMO

No Name

You may have noticed we have sections on the forum such as "Universal Orlando" "Sea World" "Off-site Hotels, Dining, Shopping." The four is not exclusively Disney.

Still curious as to why you don’t cover even the biggest news at Universal or SeaWorld but chose to cover this. It looks like you were paid to cover this.

Can’t see how it is a failure by Disney. mV is a smaller version of the WDW water parks. Currently the uniqueness is drawing people. I suspect the people who stay there will use the WP. However if you look at the additional cost to add on the WDW water park to a ticket it is a wash IMO

I think you misread what I said. If it stays as you describe that’s not a failure by Disney.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Still curious as to why you don’t cover even the biggest news at Universal or SeaWorld but chose to cover this. It looks like you were paid to cover this.

I think you misread what I said. If it stays as you describe that’s not a failure by Disney.
Simple answer to that one. I have my hands full with WDW, and don't want to do a second rate job of trying to do everything.

Things like Margaritaville are one-offs that don't require years of experience to cover.

And no, I was not paid a penny to cover it. Infact, they are not even an advertiser here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom