Margaritas on Gran Fiesta Tour?

mitchk

I never knew you could take them on the original ride!

Yes in 2001 (my first trip when I was of the legal age to drink).In line I stood to the side to let people pass me in line so I could finish my margarita. After about 2 minutes a CM asked me "why are you letting people pass you?" I said I had to finish my drink, and they replied, "Mexico is the one ride at Disney where we encourage you to bring you drink." Mind you this was April of 2001, but I have enjoyed my drink every year since, with no problems :slurp:

maelstrom

If all else fails, water bottles are your friends. Having your margarita in a water bottle as opposed to a plastic cup won't make you any less drunk.

disneybonbon

When I was there a month ago I went on with one of those little wine glasses from one of the festival stands. No one said anything to me. I actually never thought about not being able to bring drinks on the World Showcase rides before. Maybe the signs were too blurry. :lookaroun

Mecha Figment

here is the gist of it.

You can't take any open container of any kind of drink on the rides.

Coke bottles and bottle water are okay because you have a seal tight cap. it just keeps the clean up to a minimum and the boats nice for others.

and besides i'm sure the cast members don't want to deal with your drunken self either.

BuzzComplexCM

Kinda funny if you think about it...swig that margarita down, let the alcohol get into your bloodstream while you wait in line, then step into a BOAT...ON WATER...while intoxicated. Instead, you could sip it slowly while you ride, then step out of the boat back onto solid ground just as it begins to fully affect you...interesting logic there...

If alcohol is going to affect you that much, maybe it's best if you didn't drink. Also, no one is forcing you to buy the alcohol. If it bothers so many people that they have to either finish or dispose of their food or drink before seeing the show or ride, then wait until you are finished. But seriously, why do people always buy large portions of food and drinks before going on a ride or into a show? The ride is maybe 7 minutes long, if you cannot wait that long to have your snack or drink, maybe you should just have it first then go on the ride.

Anyway, 2 words for those really wanting to get the drink on board...water bottle...I know, no salt, but that will keep your cholesterol down...the healthy choice...:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Yea water bottles do work, any bottle with a cap for that fact. But it just gets annoying when those water bottles get left laying all over the place.

mitchk

here is the gist of it.

You can't take any open container of any kind of drink on the rides.

Coke bottles and bottle water are okay because you have a seal tight cap. it just keeps the clean up to a minimum and the boats nice for others.

and besides i'm sure the cast members don't want to deal with your drunken self either.

Yes, young children that might spill something, should have drinks with tops on them. I'm an adult, and I think I can handle not spilling my drink. If there are some of you out there that get drunk off one margarita, :dazzle: then that's your responsibility not to purchase one :hammer:

BuzzComplexCM

Yes, young children that might spill something, should have drinks with tops on them. I'm an adult, and I think I can handle not spilling my drink. If there are some of you out there that get drunk off one margarita, :dazzle: then that's your responsibility not to purchase one :hammer:

You would be surprised at how many times the messes are the results of adults!

Jorden

You would be surprised at how many times the messes are the results of adults!

Yup especially the ones that don't know what they're getting themselves into (sneaking coffee onto Mission Space for example, or the other lady that told me not to worry about her fountain coke because she'd just hold it between her legs on the orange side :brick:)

brkgnews

Yup especially the ones that don't know what they're getting themselves into (sneaking coffee onto Mission Space for example, or the other lady that told me not to worry about her fountain coke because she'd just hold it between her legs on the orange side :brick:)
If it weren't for what the custodial CMs would have to go through, I would have just told her "OK, ma'am... have a nice flight." :lookaroun

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've had margaritas on El Rio before but I didn't know it was officially allowed. I'm easily distracted, so sometimes I don't mean to break/bend rules but find myself in a situation where I'm inadvertently doing it. As a result, I've had a Coke on UoE and Peter Pan's Flight and a glass of wine during the Circlevision film in China. In all these cases once I had realized what I had done I assumed I was breaking the rules, but had just managed to slip by unnoticed. Luckily, I never spilled anything.

brkgnews

Yup and lets not forget that that mess would actually have caused that entire bay to go 101.
Although it would have created some artwork that would have made Jackson Pollack proud.

Maybe like the old spin art machines we used to play with? :lol:

Jorden

Although it would have created some artwork that would have made Jackson Pollack proud.

Maybe like the old spin art machines we used to play with? :lol:

I did see that happen once (the afformentioned coffee incident)... got in the bay and saw a nice brown line that went around almost the entire bay pretty much paralell with the capsule doors. Took a while to figure out where it was from but the mess on the floor of one capsule helped narrow the hunt down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom