March vs. June

We are planning our annual Disney trip, right now, and are considering moving the date. We normally go during Spring Break, during the second week of March. Now we are considering the second week of June instead.

I wanted to ask about crowds for anyone who has been at that time. Are they heavier? Lighter? :veryconfu
How bad is the weather? :veryconfu
Are there any distinct advantages to going at that time? :veryconfu

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

NewfieFan

For my tastes I would pick June over March. The crowds are heavy but not as heavy as spring break. I just like the weather warmer. I come from a place where the weather is pretty much cold (and or freezing) for 10 mths of the year (maybe more depending on the year). When I go to WDW I want to be warm. I don't like packing lots of clothes and wondering what the weather will be like in the evenings. I like to throw shorts and tees in the suitcases and know that I'm done. We also enjoy our resorts pool and it's nice to know that even in the evenings you can go for a dip if you so desire (this is not always the case in March). While June is hot (and it is hot) there's so many places in WDW to get out of the heat that we don't find ourselves overcome with the heat.

Upvote 0

MagicKat103

We are going in March next year, and this will be a first time for us for that month. I can handle the cooler weather (I'm from CT)...I just hope the crowds are not too bad. We've been in January (basically no one there) and August (where it wasn't bad until about 3/4 of the way through our trip). I hope that March is going to be nice weather wise- I'm thinking jeans and t shirts, maybe a sweatshirt at night.. Good luck to you!:wave:

Upvote 0

Princess_Minnie

Original Poster
We go in March all the time, and you have the right idea. The nights can be cold; sometimes we need two jackets. This is especially true if you're going to sit on the pavement to wait for a parade or Wishes. It just sucks heat right out of you. The days are usually moderate, so we wear capris or shorts, and then jeans at night. Sometimes it does get hot in the sun.

Also, be prepared for crowds. It was never terrible but last year they were intense. Just try and take advantage of Fastpass and prioritize what rides are most important.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom