March Madness @ WDW (Round 5)

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Splash, ROE.

Are you going to go back to the old days of NCAA's and have a consolation match between 3rd & 4th? Please say yes.

Hadn't thought about it before this point, but now that you mention it, a little retro consolation action doesn't sound so bad. Consider it done.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Wilt Dasney

Hadn't thought about it before this point, but now that you mention it, a little retro consolation action doesn't sound so bad. Consider it done.

Cool.

Personally I think RoE and RnRC should be championship, but alas its not. I think the loser of this match will be 3rd, but you never know.

Have you quit counting the other matchup yet? It's a runaway.

DarkImage4

Here are mine...

#3 Splash Mountain
#5 IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

(these matchups were much easier than some from previous rounds...):p

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Have you quit counting the other matchup yet? It's a runaway.

Stop counting? NEVER!!

A statkeeper is never absolved by a blowout...

Georgia Tech beat Cumberland College 222-0: Not 221, not 223, but two-hundred-and-frickin'-twenty-two to zero.

But, yeah, the Splasher is kicking some serious dino booty right now. :)

MGM WDWFan

Congratulations, Wilt. You have produced an exceptional thread that has apparently generated a cult following. I'm disappointed that I didn't get in on this a little earlier...I might have helped my all-time favorite Spaceship Earth push into the final Four. Also, knowing me, I probably would have tried to set up some sort of pool with my Disneyophile friends to track this thing.

Regardless, here are my Final Four picks, with a little explanation behind each.

(3) Splash Mountain vs (2) DINOSAUR

Ignoring for a moment the landslide that appears to be taking place here, this matchup was a tough one for me to figure out. I got a chance to ride two different versions of CTX (what I think it should always be called) and was quite frankly very impressed. It's definitely the bumpiest ride in the World. Some of the acceleration sequences are also marvelous. Splash Mountain had its attractive qualities too. The 52-foot splashdown was very convincing and I think that you always have to give a lot of credit to the traditional boat ride. All that said, I had to give my vote, due to actual relevance with a real Disney story, to......

(3) Splash Mountain.

(5) Illuminations: Reflections of Earth vs (3) Rock n Roller Coaster

Wow, another toughie. But, they aren't supposed to be easy at this point. I've ridden RnRR twice, and to be honest it lived up to my expectations. By far Disney's greatest thrill ride (yes, that includes ToT, TT, and Space Mtn.), it is also one of the few that successfully incorportates pop culture into its realm. Because Aerosmith is one of the greatest bands EVER, it's sure to be popular for a very long time. But what about Illuminations? It's been around as Reflections of Earth for a couple of years now, and I can say that I've shared some very special moments with my family in the past over this spectacular show. My vote in this matchup goes to....

(5) Illuminations: Reflections of Earth

Why? The answer is simple. Reflections of Earth can be treated as the crowning attraction in a park that was built on the foundation of bringing people together (both Epcot and WALT DISNEY WORLD were created with this principle in mind). RnRR really doesn't even deal with MGM Studios (a MOVIE park, not a production studios park) and definitely doesn't deal directly with WDW as a whole. Walt would have created Reflections of Earth, but I have a hard time believing he would have created RnRR.

This sets up a doozy of a final which will take a lot of thought and hard work. Great thread, Wilt. I salute you, for you have definitely earned your ears in my mind.

--MGM

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
Originally posted by MGM WDWFan
Congratulations, Wilt. You have produced an exceptional thread that has apparently generated a cult following. I salute you, for you have definitely earned your ears in my mind.

I just wanna say that none of this would have been possible if I hadn't gotten bored doing computer research in the GSU library a couple weeks ago. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom