March 16th, 2009 Universal Orlando Update

wvugeoggrad

Thanks for the update, I've been wondering how far along they are on the new coaster. I can't wait to ride it this fall!!! :sohappy: The part that sticks out in the street just past twister, do you think they'll block that off somehow once its open? I would think something would be put up so people walking by wouldn't get hit by any loose objects coming from coaster passengers. Just not sure how its gonna look with some sorta wall or fence there right in the middle of the street. Time will tell. :shrug:

Matpez

I am so ready to ride Rockit! I wonder about the walkway. They will have to do something as you can not just have guests hanging out at the base of the track.
So, are the fences gone from the front now by BMG? It appears that way from your pics?

Thanks for the update!

sknydave

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in what they're going to do with the street there. The coaster goes pretty far into the street.

Matpez

I saw this when they finished the lift on the Manta coaster in Seaworld
Is there some sort of tradition in this?

Yes, the highest point of the coaster is installed, and there is a "topping off" tradition that involves the tree and usually a flag.

bayoutinkbelle

I did not know about that tradition. Thanks, that's my one thing learned today. :D

The coaster looks absolutely insane. I'll be there in late June, so I'm crossing my fingers. If not, it'll have to wait until October.

CaptainMichael

I did not know about that tradition. Thanks, that's my one thing learned today. :D

The coaster looks absolutely insane. I'll be there in late June, so I'm crossing my fingers. If not, it'll have to wait until October.

everesttopoff.jpg

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad y'all enjoyed :wave:

I am so ready to ride Rockit! I wonder about the walkway. They will have to do something as you can not just have guests hanging out at the base of the track.
So, are the fences gone from the front now by BMG? It appears that way from your pics?

Thanks for the update!
Oh, nah... it's there. Still just a ton of dirt in the area. I'm interested to see how the landscaping is gonna be.

Great Update!
:sohappy:

Say, how are the prices at the Whopper Bar compared to a regular Burger King?
Um, not 100% sure. :lol: I think my meal was like $7, but it's $0.50 per one of the extra toppings, and I had smoked bacon, American cheese (they were out of cheddar), and Swiss cheese. So it's not too bad. At least it tastes better than a burger from in the parks. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom