Mapquest Directions

Big Pooh

Original Poster
I'm driving to Disney from Texas for the first time in 8 years in October. I checked www.mapquest.com and they tell me to drive all the way to Jacksonville and come down through St. Augustine and Daytona. Does anyone know why? I think the last time we drove, I went I-10 east/I-75 south/Hwy 27 south/Hwy 192 east to World Drive. Is there any construction on Hwy 27 that I should know about?

Cheers :wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Eeeeeek... mapquest....

I am NOT certain about your directions... but....

just a heads up....
a LOT of the time mapquest is wrong with there directions... I kinda sorta used to work for a company that supplied there traffic report content... and there (MQ) directions were off a lot of the time... :) :wave:

epcotisbest

Hi,
Driving all the way to Jacksonville is just plain silly. Bad directions.
Take I-10 to I-75 south just like you said. We just came back a couple of weeks ago and I-75 was in great shape. Having gone 16 times now, I can tell you from experience that the best bet is to take the Florida Turnpike below Ocala at Wildwood. The Turnpike all the way to I-4 then I-4 west to Disney. The Turnpike is a pleasant drive with a couple of tolls totaling about $2.00 and 0.50 cents. It really beats 27 hands down if you are in a hurry or just want to get there. If you prefer the scenic drive of 27, by all means take it, but forget the mapquest-Jacksonville trick.
Have a safe drive,
Ricky

Stefffe

we were wondering how much the tolls would be.....if its only $2.50...then that will probably be the best route to take.

thanks for the info!!!!! :) :) :) :)

WDW bound in October.......

~stefffe~

epcotisbest

Hi,
October is a good time to go, but this year will probably be more crowded than usual with all the special offers out there. If you ever have the chance to go the a week or two before Christmas, it is amazing then. The crowds are nonexistant and the parks are decorated up wonderfully.

We make this trip from Georgia several times a year. Sometimes to Disney, other times to the south Florida beaches etc... We always take the turnpike. It is a pleasant, well kept highway without a lot of commercial traffic. The tolls are very reasonable too. Here is a link to some turnpike information that might help. There is even a toll calculator link here. Florida DOT

Have a safe trip,
Ricky

EmeraldDolphin

I've noticed that mapquest doesn't always give the best directions... just out of curiousity... I typed in a mapquest from our house to our cottage... bad directions...... and a couple of other places where I actually know where I'm going... I've always had much better luck getting a regular map from AAA.

DBF John

Short Cut

Originally posted by epcotisbest
Hi,
Driving all the way to Jacksonville is just plain silly. Bad directions.
Take I-10 to I-75 south just like you said. We just came back a couple of weeks ago and I-75 was in great shape. Having gone 16 times now, I can tell you from experience that the best bet is to take the Florida Turnpike below Ocala at Wildwood. The Turnpike all the way to I-4 then I-4 west to Disney. The Turnpike is a pleasant drive with a couple of tolls totaling about $2.00 and 0.50 cents. It really beats 27 hands down if you are in a hurry or just want to get there. If you prefer the scenic drive of 27, by all means take it, but forget the mapquest-Jacksonville trick.
Have a safe drive,
Ricky

Get off the Turnpike at SR 50(Winter Garden), go East about 3 miles to 535, turn right, go about 10 miles, look for Buena Vista Drive(this is at central distribution) turn right, follow around to DTD, its great, saves about 10 miles of I-4 drive and you only hit one toll booth.

careship

This time my mapquest gave me the better route. AAA actually sent me on the scenic route it looks like instead of the fastest route. I am coming down from Michigan and they have me along the ocean through the Carolina's for pete's sake. Good thing we've been driving down there forever and know the way. I think my minivan has automatic pilot for DIsney anyways. But beware which route you ask for.

Maria

I´m not sure about directions, but Mapquest maps are pretty accurate. Although I agree... I asked for an address a few days ago and it showed it to me on the other side of where I knew it was! I checked the street then and it sent me to "West" instead of "East" that I clearly asked for. It was such an obvious mistake that I was surprised it happened... but the map was VERY accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom