Many more questions!!!

tinksgilrs08

:wave:Hello all,

Well we have finally after all the discussion board posts picked our dates for our next trip.... We are going the second week in January . I know the crowds are lighter and fewer things are running but we live in Mi so getting away when its cold will be a treat . We are choosing a moderate resort and we were going to stay at Caribbean Beach but after last night reading the posts I am having second thoughts... Any advice on other moderate resorts? and any advice on going in January ? I know its cooler and but it will still be a treat to be somewhere 70 than -1.. haha.....

Sloan

Port Orleans or Coronado Springs

If you search you may be able to find a recent poll about member's favorite moderate resorts. My best recollection is that Port Orleans was a 'winner', with Coronado Springs as a runner-up. I personally much prefer Port Orleans, having found Coronado to be good, but too much of a 'convention' feel, and more noise problems. Port Orleans seems to me to have slightly better theming, more attractive grounds, and a more 'personal' feel.

As for January, you already know the only real drawback - several rehabs and shorter park hours, but the lower attendance and cooler temps are, in my opinion, well worth it. I am sure you will have a great trip.

Upvote 0

gram1554

We stayed a CBR in September. The resort is very pretty. The only draw back I found was it can be a walk to the food court and the check in and out is in a total other building. They do have an bus that is just for the resort though. I am going again next December and thinking about staying at POR. We stayed at the FQ last year. I got spoiled because everything is so close.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave:Hi, we're from Charlotte, Michigan.... we have gone in Jan. a lot of times and yes, the parks close earlier but its beautiful weather. it can get a little cool at night, though, so bring coats. also, our fave mod. resort is POR. Its soooo beautiful. think about going there. we have stayed at CBR but love POR much better. and yes, its nicer being in the 70s than -1 here in good old frozen Mich. ha.ha. have a magical trip.........

Upvote 0

fngoofy

Well we have finally after all the discussion board posts picked our dates for our next trip.... We are going the second week in January . I know the crowds are lighter and fewer things are running but we live in Mi so getting away when its cold will be a treat . We are choosing a moderate resort and we were going to stay at Caribbean Beach but after last night reading the posts I am having second thoughts... Any advice on other moderate resorts? and any advice on going in January ? I know its cooler and but it will still be a treat to be somewhere 70 than -1.. haha.....

We just stayed it CBR and it was ok (our 3rd time there.) We liked POFQ more for some reason. PORS isn't bad either.

Upvote 0

coulty

we are going on jan 14th-28th and we are from england so we are expecting a lot better weather than here then.we have been at different times of the year but january sounds quieter and hot enough for us.as we are traveling with my 4 grandsons 4 8 10 and 12 we thought we would stop at the sports resort so they can play football etc ,get rid of some energy. hope you enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

We stayed at CBR last November, and were very happy with the resort. Requested a room close to a bus stop, and ended up in the Jamaica section. We had a corner, 1st floor room overlooking the quiet pool. Worked out well - the bus stop was in site of our room, only a 5 minute walk over the bridge to the food court, and was usually the first pickup stop in the mornings, and also first to drop off at the end of the day. I would stay there again.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

CBeach is a good place to stay. If I had it my way, I'd stay at POFQ. It's just smaller and seems more quaint. Either resort is a great place to spend a vacation.

My parents always come down from Atlanta during the second or third week of January. We have crazy weather here in Orlando that time of year, so it might be 80 degrees one day, and 40 the next. Most likely, you'll be wearing shorts with a sweatshirt wrapped around your waist to put on once the sun goes down.

I wouldn't worry about your reservations. Remember, you're going to have a great time! Many others will be stuck in cold weather and work... you have the upper hand!

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

POFQ- our second favorite resort, next to the Poly. You'll love the compact-ness (is that a word...?) After miles of walking in the parks, you'll be so grateful you picked this resort!

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

Hello from Northville, MI. We are pretty close! :)

I have only stayed at the Caribbean of all the moderates and I absolutely loved it, but I have heard that POFQ and POR are wonderful and if I could afford to stay at a moderate again I would pick POR for the new experience and because of all the wonderful things I have heard about it. My family and I though don't really care where we stay as long as we are at a Disney resort.
At CBR we stayed in Aruba, and it was right across the bridge from the food court, which was a close walk, we most of the time took the bus stop at the food court in the morning because we were there to eat, but there is a close bus stop in Aruba as well.

Upvote 0

DAKOTADISNEY

We stayed at CBR in Feb. 06 and really liked it. I know it doesn't rank real high on the polls on WDW but we had good luck. Also if you're going in January you may be able to get a room closer to Port Royale (food court). We were very close and we didn't even put in for a preferred room. Only thing is that the main pool may be closed for remodeling. Good luck. :)

Upvote 0

devoy1701

the problem with POFQ is that there is only ONE POOL for the 1,000+ rooms at that resort.... no joke.

IMHO, Riverside is just as spread out, if not moreso, than CBR.

CBR is a great choice....about a week before your trip, call the reservations line AND the resort itself and have them put down your request for either Aruba, Jamaica, or Trinidad North or Martinique....those are the closest to Port Royale, which is where the food court and shops are at. Though It probably won't sound good if you put a request saying you want any of those 4...we asked for either Aruba or Jamaica in August.... here's a map to help you out:

http://www.allears.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

the problem with POFQ is that there is only ONE POOL for the 1,000+ rooms at that resort.... no joke.

IMHO, Riverside is just as spread out, if not moreso, than CBR.

CBR is a great choice....about a week before your trip, call the reservations line AND the resort itself and have them put down your request for either Aruba, Jamaica, or Trinidad North or Martinique....those are the closest to Port Royale, which is where the food court and shops are at. Though It probably won't sound good if you put a request saying you want any of those 4...we asked for either Aruba or Jamaica in August.... here's a map to help you out:

http://www.allears.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg
The pool at POFQ was never packed when we were there this spring. And, they are planning on January. Not too sure many people will be taking advantage of the pool, especially at that time.:shrug:

Upvote 0

cinderellamommy

We were in Building 15, room 1505, FIRST FLOOR! which was right next to the bus depot, the resturants, the lobby and the pool. Building 14 and 15 are the best buildings at the POR. You can google and find the map of Riverside. That's what I did.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Wow, do they give out those maps at the resorts? I never remembered getting anything like that.

yes they do! :)

usually right after you're done checking in....but only at the Moderate or Value resorts since there are alot of buildings to them...they usually circle which building your room is in.

Upvote 0

Shere_Khan

yes they do! :)

usually right after you're done checking in....but only at the Moderate or Value resorts since there are alot of buildings to them...they usually circle which building your room is in.

Hmm we went to CBR is 2003, someone else in my party must have got the map and I just didn't realize it. It would make a great scrapbook page.
I will have to make sure when we are at POP next Oct, that I get one and hold on to it!
Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom