Manta Opening Date is May 22

crazydaveh

I wouldn't set my hopes too high on that. Kraken did not have soft openings.

True, it was also Shamu's first coaster in Orlando and they got behind on everything and come opening time, it was media day, so it opened.

Staff previews are currently set for the second week of May... Of course, this can change at any time and probably will.

csm

True, it was also Shamu's first coaster in Orlando and they got behind on everything and come opening time, it was media day, so it opened.

Staff previews are currently set for the second week of May... Of course, this can change at any time and probably will.

As I understand it, Kraken was not behind schedule at all. They did have employee previews, as we as annual passholder previews (which one had to *purchase* a ticket to - what a scam!) They just didn't have soft openings. I'm not sure why that comes as a surprise because SheiKra did not have soft openings. Nor did Gwazi. Not all chains do that. It's certainly not a requirement of a new ride. I wouldn't anticipate Manta to run to the general public before grand opening either.

crazydaveh

As I understand it, Kraken was not behind schedule at all. They did have employee previews, as we as annual passholder previews (which one had to *purchase* a ticket to - what a scam!) They just didn't have soft openings. I'm not sure why that comes as a surprise because SheiKra did not have soft openings. Nor did Gwazi. Not all chains do that. It's certainly not a requirement of a new ride. I wouldn't anticipate Manta to run to the general public before grand opening either.

I tell ya what. If they do have some type of "soft openings," you owe me a beer at SeaWorld. If they don't, I'll buy you a beer. Good bet? In the end, we both win, as there is beer involved!

csm

I tell ya what. If they do have some type of "soft openings," you owe me a beer at SeaWorld. If they don't, I'll buy you a beer. Good bet? In the end, we both win, as there is beer involved!

Actually, no not a good bet. I don't drink. :dazzle:

I know, i know. I ruin all the fun.

mrshindig

I wouldn't set my hopes too high on that. Kraken did not have soft openings.

In actual fact Kraken did have soft openings!!

They had a press event about a week before launch, and the prior week I went on it. So they must have had soft openings!!

I'm in Florida till May 8th so i've got my fingers crossed!!!

ddiez

I will be there memorial day weekend and can go friday saturday or monday. what day do you guys think will be best and what kind of time wait is expected cuz these type of roller coasters flying ones have long ______ load times

crazydaveh

I will be there memorial day weekend and can go friday saturday or monday. what day do you guys think will be best and what kind of time wait is expected cuz these type of roller coasters flying ones have long ______ load times

The waits will be long, can't say because we don't know. Don't expect to walk on it. I'd plan for two hours maybe one, who knows. Remember, this is SeaWorld, an International company, no longer American owned, so of course the employees will be busting their butts to load people, after all, the new owners killed the employees free beer and other discounts... I'm sure they'll be kicking butt for you!

Seriously, who knows. It's supposed to load around 1500 people per hour with all three trains running. We'll honestly have to wait and see.

kevi8587

i am going to seaworld also on may22nd heading straight to manta que i am getting up early lol wanna get a good spot in the que lol

Just saw something about previews May 5 - 10 starting at noon each day.

anyone know more about it? We are going on the 9th... I was so bummed we were going to just miss its opening, but now there looks like there is hope. :sohappy:

crazydaveh

Just saw something about previews May 5 - 10 starting at noon each day.

anyone know more about it? We are going on the 9th... I was so bummed we were going to just miss its opening, but now there looks like there is hope. :sohappy:

The Orlando Sentinel and ridemanta.com both say it will be open on the 5th! I can't wait to head down to the parks next week to ride!

crazydaveh

CSM, you owe me a beer, just because you don't drink doesn't mean you can't pay up! You were wrong, I was right! Don't argue with the crazy one!

Helena123

22nd of May ... MY BIRTHDAY :) shame i won't be there but quite a long way for a day trip (especially when i have an exam on that day :() :lol:

O, and just out of interest what is Memorial Day? What does it celebrate?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom