Mansion vs. Bayou

mbaker1277

HI! We are splitting our visit; 3 nights at POR then 4 nights at WL. My dillemma is, since the rooms are of a rustic theme at the POR Bayou, and so are the rooms at the WL, will this be too much of a good thing? We have stayed at the POR before, but it was 7 years ago and only for one night. We really enjoyed the Bayou room, but I've never really seen a Mansion room. Our 4 yr. old daughter wiil be with us , and I know there are no elevators in the Bayou section. But I am afraid that the decor is not as themed in the Mansion section. Anyone have any input? Thank you so much!!

Yellow Shoes

Go to
www.ourlaughingplace.com

click resorts-->
resort rates & reviews-->
view reviews & pictures

There are pictures of both Bayou and Mansion rooms.

I don't know how up to date they are, but I suspect that any refurbishments have not changed their overall character.

I have not stayed at POR (next time, for sure), but I think the Mansions look very nice.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I have only one thing to say about the Mansion Rooms at POR.....RHETT Darlin' where are y'all!!!! The Mansion houses were amazing. I have only stayed there in May, but I knew when I came back I would stay in the same place. I Am lucky my mother lets me indulge!!! I found the Mansions to be absolutely beautiful. Two of my friends had stayed at the Bayou previously and preferred this. For pics, check out WWW.wdwig.com. Click on the pic of Spaceship Earth which will take you to the index. Look for Resort Photos and go for it. These are much more "real" type photos, not like marketing Dept types. POR Is amazing as far as resorts go. Definitely make it a point to stop in Boatwright's for breakfast!! YUMMY!!!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

I much prefered the Bayou rooms...the 1st couple of times we stayed at DL we were in the Bayous and I was just dying to stay in one of the mansions - guess it has something to do with the fact that I just know I was Scarlett O'Hara in a past life...:lol:

Anyway, we finally did stay in a mansion and it really wasn't my cup of tea. The Bayous seem so much more secluded - the mansions just feel like a Holiday Inn with columns!

The rooms in the Bayou aren't at all like the rooms in WL though...you'll still have different experiences in the 2 different resorts.

Hope you have an amazing time! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Anyway, we finally did stay in a mansion and it really wasn't my cup of tea. The Bayous seem so much more secluded - the mansions just feel like a Holiday Inn with columns!

I agree. We stayed in the mansions once and the bayou 5 or 6 times. The mansions are still really nice, but the bayou is more homey. It does seem more secluded and quiet. Our family loves alligator bayou and wouldn't stay in Magnolia Bend again, it's just not for us. :) When you stay in the bayou you can see the mansions from across the river and they are impressive to see, if you stay in them you don't get that vantage point. ;) We prefer to admire them from afar because they really are more impressive on the outside than on the inside. :)

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Thanks Eeyore!

What you said really hit the nail on the head! The mansions really ARE far more impressive from the outside than from within! :)

I Love the Bayous!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

so true,
we just came back from disney and stayed at the bayou area at po for the 5 th time....we stayed once at the mansions not the same..we love the homey feel of the alligator bayou.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by dixiegirl
so true,
we just came back from disney and stayed at the bayou area at po for the 5 th time....we stayed once at the mansions not the same..we love the homey feel of the alligator bayou.:sohappy:

Yes! One more Bayou fan! :sohappy:

Was it as fabulous as always? I miss being there so...

Upvote 0

mbaker1277

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all of your input! I was really apprehensive about staying in a Mansion room, so my gut tells me to stick with the Bayou. Thanks again for all of you help!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by mbaker1277
Thanks so much for all of your input! I was really apprehensive about staying in a Mansion room, so my gut tells me to stick with the Bayou. Thanks again for all of you help!

Good choice my friend, D*** good choice! Have a most amazing time! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom