Manor of Mysteries: Project Zero [Open Brainstorming]

PerGron

Original Poster
As much as I would have wanted to have heard more extensive pitches, let's go ahead with assigning roles. To keep it simpler, let's just make Indy the roller coaster. Who wants what role?
  • Presentation (probably Google Slides):?
  • Indy Roller Coaster (replacing Primevil Whirl): ?
  • Encanto Boat Ride (replacing Dinosaur area): ?
  • Animal Trail: ?
  • Cafe de Selva Restaurant: ?
  • Shops (Guatemalen): ?
@Diplomacy Dog @cdunlap @Architectural Guinea Pig @Disney Dad 3000

Extension granted. Project now due Monday October 2 at 11:59 pm est

ThemeParkPriest

Hi again. Although I've only seen Encanto once, I think I'll go ahead and take the Encanto ride. I haven't seen the new Indy movie and it's been a long while since I've seen any of the others. Also, I meant to say the Presentation should be a Google Site. @Muppetsfan#1 anything you want to work on?
  • Presentation (probably Google Site):?
  • Indy Roller Coaster (replacing Primevil Whirl): ?
  • Encanto Boat Ride (replacing Dinosaur area): @ThemeParkPriest
  • Animal Trail: ?
  • Cafe de Selva Restaurant: ?
  • Shops (Guatemalen): ?

ThemeParkPriest

Update: I started doing some work on Encanto yesterday. I’m still formulating the scenes in the ride. I should have some things to share later today.

ThemeParkPriest

Here is what I have so far.

Taking the place of the Dinosaur attraction is Encanto: Antonio’s Adventure

Facade: The colorful Casita of Encanto

Queue: guests enter through the door of the Casa Madrigal into the courtyard. As guests walk through the courtyard queue, they see stairways up to the 2nd floor and the long balcony with the bedroom doors and of many of the family members (each with their unique color of frame and their gift carved into the wood): Alma, Julieta, Pepa, Bruno, Isabela, Dolores, Luisa, Camilo, and Mirabel (note: Antonio’s room is not seen). The doors light up with a golden glow. The bedroom doors also have the inhabitants first initial carved on the doorknob.

Pre-Show: a Cast Member directs guests to one of two doors–both are designed like Antonio’s. When one of the rooms frees up, the door lights up and guests walk in. In the video, Antonio is excited to share with Mirabel and guests his special gift of communicating with animals. At one point, he rides off on a leopard. A short while later, all of the other animals come running out of the room leaving Mirabel concerned that something has happened to Antonio. Cracks have developed in the Casita, indicating that something is wrong in the family.

Ride: guests are ushered out of the Pre-Show and into one of the two queues leading to a loading station. Although the track layout is the same as Dinosaur, it has been changed into a Pirates-style flume ride. The boats carry 16 guests (the same as its a small world; as opposed to the capacity of 23-24 for Pirates boats) so that the boats can more easily make the sharper turns in this layout.

The scenes below are as indicated in the Dinosaur ride layout:
dinosaur1.png
dinosaur2.png

Scene 5 - Immersion scene in Antonio’s room (streams, trees, animals)
Scene 6 - Dolores speaks of the location she has heard Antonio was brought to (“Condor Mountain”)
Scene 7 - Climbing Condor Mountain (lift hill)
Scene 8 - Birds (Darwin’s Rhea, Andean flicker)
Scene 9 - Mountain Mammals (guanaco, vicuna)
Scene 10 - Control cabinet
Scene 11 - Hear Antonio
Scene 12 - See Antonio in Cage
Scene 13 - Face-to-face with Robot Condor
Scene 14 - Being dropped by Condor (drop in ride)
Scene 15 - Sending of Eagle to tie-up Robot Condor
Scene 16 - Robot Condor is destroyed
Scene 17 - Antonio is safe; his dad Felix is discovered to be the one responsible. Due to the fact that he didn’t have magical powers, he wanted to show Antonio that he could do something cool, but the toy turned evil.
Scene 18 - Celebration at Casa Madrigal
Scene 19 - Transition; prepare to unload

Guests depart from their boats and come to the Encanto shop made to look like the Casa Madrigal’s kitchen and dining room.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
The facade would be old run down temples with rainforest around it.

Queue: you would enter the temple from a worn down entrance with statues of old Incan leaders. You would go through old rooms. Right before you enter the pre show you would enter an old gold room with old skeleton soldiers. Throughout the queue would be old traps that would have some skeleton stuck on them and the traps would occasionally jump out at you.

Pre show: you would enter a secret entrance where you would meet Indiana jones. He would tell you that we were here to see an old ancient artifact. He looks around the room and try’s to find it. He sees an old Spanish conquistador that has the artifact. When he picks it up the conquistador wakes up and attacks him. He takes the artifact and escapes. Indy said we must go after him in old run down carts.

Ride: you exit the loading station and see the conquistador running away.

Scene 1: we turn the corner and see a large amount of Spanish soldiers aiming guns at you. They open fire and the cart turns around and escapes.

The rest of the ride is basic roller coaster stuff like going through corridors and rooms.

Scene 2: you see the conquistador fighting an old Incan king with swords. We go forward in an effort to help but the Incan king said he must do this alone to avenge his nation and family. We follow him as they fight room to room until the Incan eventually wins. He thanks that we helped him get his revenge and says he must return to his family.

Ending: but he gives us and Indy and a warning to not take the artifact because for those who are taken over by greed will become it.

Exit: you will exit from an old dining room into a gift shop.

Last edited:

PerGron

Original Poster
Reminder. Project is due tonight at 11:59 pm. However, due to lack of participation, I think we may just keep this as an open brainstorm unless people want to jump in now.

ThemeParkPriest

Reminder. Project is due tonight at 11:59 pm. However, due to lack of participation, I think we may just keep this as an open brainstorm unless people want to jump in now.
Okay well I’ll take that as an encouragement to not focus on the Google Site for the rest of the day. Thanks for the prompt and the upcoming comp! Hopefully some others will be able to get back to being active on here again.

I like how we were willing to do a variation on the official announcement—changing locations of the rides for example. As much as a exploration of the Madrigal house would be a fun attraction, I think some exploration of Antonio’s room makes a lot of sense given that the attraction will be in Animal Kingdom (rather than say Epcot). It’s not surprising that with Indy, Disney is going the EMV route, but I like how we made it a roller coaster.

Next up: let’s think more about the animal trail. Which animals do we want to have? What story do we want to tell? I think the trails at Animal Kingdom work so well in that they tell a story (although active animals is always a plus).

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
For the trail I think we should have animals like capybaras, anteaters, ocelot, and anacondas. Since it’s an animal trail I don’t see a point in a story but that is my opinion. Location: maybe the boneyard.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
The South American Animal Trail

Entrance: old colonial looking Argentinian building would be surrounding a rainforest entrance.

Enclosure 1: you would enter a dense rainforest with a large river going through it. The animals you would see would be a variety of snakes with the main snake being a anaconda.

Enclosure 2: you would enter an old Brazilian temple and see temple ruins around a family of ocelots with plenty of branches to lay on. You would enter a room with a broken roof where you would see jaguars.

Enclose 3: leaving the temple you would go through large rock caverns seeing capybaras, anteaters, and local animals from northern Argentina.

Enclosure 4: after leaving the caverns, you would see large trees and rock outcropping. You would hear the sounds of parakeets and other local birds from the Amazon.

Exit: after leaving the parakeet enclosure, you would exit into a Guatemalan village probably connected to the open air market.

I gonna go ahead and steal an idea that parts of the enclosure would be next to the Indy queue. With the parts of the trail being themed around old Incan temples with different traps.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom