Manor of Mysteries: Project Zero [Open Brainstorming]

PerGron

Original Poster
Welcome one and all, to Dark PerGron's Manor of Mysteries! As I and my fellow hosts work tirelessly to prepare our estate for your visit, I seem to have to trim some fat from the prompt list and with the Destination D23 announcements a few weeks ago, it has led to a few prompts being redundant. Because of this, I have decided to cut them from the game, yet as today marks just over 3 weeks before the start of our competition, I figured an entry challenge would be fun for anyone who wants to play.

This challenge is open to anyone and everyone to get a taste of what Manor of Mysteries will bring and help you decide if you want to sign up or wait this one out. This project won't count towards the overall game as it's a test run, but if successful, it may offer some benefits for anyone who participates and goes on to join the actual game. With all that preamble out of the way, let's continue the story and welcome you to Project Zero.

-Dark PerGron
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all things that are alive, death comes to claim its victory inevitably. No living being has ever been able to beat death, for death is the greatest player in the game of life. Yet death is not exclusive to the living, for in many cases, the inanimate experience a form of death, or at least, a state of no longer existing. And for the most unlucky amongst us, death may strike twice, as is the case for the dinosaurs, at least those at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

In 2023, it was announced that (MAYBE) DinoLand U.S.A. at Disney's Animal Kingdom would experience a retheme focused on the tropical regions of the Americas. This decision, while possibly to be abandoned, offers a unique opportunity for a new land to be brought to a Disney park not focused on a singular IP. For that reason, it opens up to you, armchair Imagineers, for Challenge Zero.

Tropical America.jpg

Challenge ZERO
Design a new "Tropical America" themed land to replace Dinoland at Animal Kingdom. The land can be anything relating to the theme presented with only a few caveats.

1. The land cannot expand past the footprint/expansion pads surrounding Dinoland. I will give you up to the Theater in the Wild.

2. The land must feature IP integration from at least Encanto and Indiana Jones as teased, though how the IP are integrated is up to you.

3. The land MUST contain a new animal trail on par with Gorilla Falls or Maharajah in both theming and scale. The animals are up to you, but try to keep it on theme and somewhat realistic. Doing a little research if that animal is found in captivity in the USA before putting it in gives you an advantage.

This is not an "official" prompt and therefore it won't be divided in teams, instead, anyone who chooses to participate will be working in one big team. You can participate even if you don't plan on participating in the game as a whole, this is just a test run and for fun.

I won't stick you guys with a super strict due date but I will set one as September 30th, though if more time is requested, I am willing to amend it. Once this round ends though is when sign-ups begin, so you don't want to push it too close to the start date on October 13.

Good luck and welcome, to the Manor of Mysteries!

cdunlap

By the way, anyone else have a craving for brains or is that just me?
I would usually question this, but then again I’m from the South and we eat a lot of body parts that other people get disgusted by the very thought of eating! Anyways, as much as I would love to do this comp, I feel like I need to devote more time to my schoolwork, so I won’t be participating! ;)

Chaos Cat

I would usually question this, but then again I’m from the South and we eat a lot of body parts that other people get disgusted by the very thought of eating! Anyways, as much as I would love to do this comp, I feel like I need to devote more time to my schoolwork, so I won’t be participating! ;)
Shame, but at least I have @Diplomacy Dog, who is definitely a real person and not just an alt I gave to someone else to keep a joke going. Ain't that right, buddy? 😉

Diplomacy Dog

Well, since @cdunlap won’t be here, I guess I’ll just use a concept he created for an Indy ride themed to Aztec mythology that he posted on the Tropical Americas thread, with his permission, ofc. For Encanto, I think I might do an Antonio based attraction because this is DAK! The animal trail will totally have a Maya/Aztec theme and will be near Indy!

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

I guess I’ll change the subject back to the prompt but what seems like Disney has teased so far:
  • Dinosaur rethemed to Indiana Jones (hopefully not just the Disneyland attraction brought to Animal Kingdom)
  • Encanto dark ride (perhaps a trackless one like Mystic Manor) in the former space of Primevil Whirl
It seems a bit odd that there will be two dark rides in a land at Animal Kingdom that is focused on the natural beauty of a real part of the world. I'm more willing to keep the basic premise of Encanto, but perhaps narrowing the theme a bit. What if we get whisked into Antonio's room and encounter the animals found there (including some that are of the tropical Americas). Perhaps there is something or someone we have to find in the room.

As for Indiana Jones, maybe we try for some sort of roller coaster. Like GotG, we could reuse the ride building for an indoor part, but then have outdoor portions--which would give it re-rideability at night. We would probably be aiming at some sort of coaster that is dissimilar to Expedition Everest.

cdunlap

Well, since @cdunlap won’t be here, I guess I’ll just use a concept he created for an Indy ride themed to Aztec mythology that he posted on the Tropical Americas thread, with his permission, ofc. For Encanto, I think I might do an Antonio based attraction because this is DAK! The animal trail will totally have a Maya/Aztec theme and will be near Indy!
Yeah, you can go ahead and use that concept!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom