Manor of Mysteries Challenge Thirteen

PerGron

Original Poster
The Final Challenge

The players have excelled at some exceptionally difficult challenges already. Yet today, we present the most challenging of all…

Challenge Thirteen
Armchair Imagineer something…

The challenge will be due Monday, February 19 at 11:59 pm.

We summon @Architectural Guinea Pig @AceAstro and @ThemeParkPriest to do your final challenge publicly in this thread. To all else, you are welcome to watch, react, and I’ll even allow ideas, but please leave this to the final three to complete. Best of luck…​

PerGron

Original Poster
Anything?!
Yes Yes Halloween GIF by Hunter Preston

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The Final Challenge

The players have excelled at some exceptionally difficult challenges already. Yet today, we present the most challenging of all…

Challenge Thirteen
Armchair Imagineer something…

The challenge will be due Monday, February 19 at 11:59 pm.

We summon @Architectural Guinea Pig @AceAstro and @ThemeParkPriest to do your final challenge publicly in this thread. To all else, you are welcome to watch, react, and I’ll even allow ideas, but please leave this to the final three to complete. Best of luck…​
These overly limiting prompts are a real challenge. How are the players supposed to work within these strict guidelines? :p

Good luck to the final 3!

ThemeParkPriest

It's one of those things where I expect it but it's still surprising when it gets listed.

There's certainly a lot of time given for this, so I'm going to brainstorm it a bit. I did recently hear of an area that could use a new project...if I could just remember which park and where!?!

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
As a DCA apologist I'm hopping right into refreshing ONE of the lands... but considering how many of them need some dire fixing, I'm currently on a four-way tie:

1. Hollywood Hills - Some kind of "turn-back-the-clock" for Hollywood Land, with the TCL theater at the back because DCA sorely needs it ToT
2. Stark Valley - Perhaps a Silicon Valley-esque tech exposition (with the Tower of Terror separated by a berm) with some kind of lake feature with "pavilions" ringing around it featuring Wakanda, Asgard, Xandar, PYM, WEB, Stark, and SHIELD...
3. Embarcadero Bay - A vibrant fusion of S.E.A. and San Fransokyo that sweeps up the rest of paradise gardens into an entire mini-city, could feature a rich history and tie-ins to both ips. I'm just excited to do a painted ladies area to replace mermaid if I do this
4. Fantasia Pier- Another "turn-back-the-clock" for Pixar Pier, with an actual continuous Victorian Carnival theme (think seaside parks, victorian ballrooms, etc.) that experiments with music (Fantasia). But my main focus is to do a real HHN-style Carn-EVIL pier for the Halloween season, fixing up that mistake I made in challenge 3 where Pergron said the land was kind of a miss lol

I'll take opinions on what you guys would want to see the most, and all ideas are up for grabs for Priest and Ace. (See, a fellow guest sharing the platter!)

Disney Dad 3000

I think this will be super fun! There's so many different directions we could go with this I don't even know what to think haha

Do something Canadian. lol

In all seriousness, honestly a tough challenge. You all have to come up with your own prompt in essence, but cool that you get to work on those ideas we all have in the back of our mind that don't really make their way into forum comps, etc.

cdunlap

Do something Canadian. lol

In all seriousness, honestly a tough challenge. You all have to come up with your own prompt in essence, but cool that you get to work on those ideas we all have in the back of our mind that don't really make their way into forum comps, etc.
No, they should do something Aztec! (joke)

AceAstro

3. Embarcadero Bay - A vibrant fusion of S.E.A. and San Fransokyo that sweeps up the rest of paradise gardens into an entire mini-city, could feature a rich history and tie-ins to both ips. I'm just excited to do a painted ladies area to replace mermaid if I do this
I think this one could be the most interesting! The area from Grizzly to Pixar Pier is in a kind of weird limbo so could be fun to update all of that into a cohesive theme. Take in Little Mermaid, Goofy Sky school, etc and you have a ton of space to work with

AceAstro

The one thing that keeps calling my name is this year is the 60th anniversary of the tram tour (and park as a whole) at Universal Hollywood but I don't think it's worth dying on that hill again regardless of how much I love that park.

An out of left field one that could be fun is restoring the "Disney bubble" and improving the transportation around WDW so desperately needed but I don't know if there is enough depth to that.

Maybe I'll do something completely different and out of left field with some regional park just because why not 🤣

Truly blessed that we have so much time for this round because I nothing that is calling my name as the obvious pick yet.

ThemeParkPriest

Another Harry Potter land? Video game IP? TV show? Dreamworks/Illuminations? Scooby-Doo again? High-grossing Universal movie?

Stay tuned...
Well, if you know me well, then you would not be surprised to hear that I've already ruled-out Harry Potter (or anything else from Rowling). The early reports for the Simpsons space is that Pokemon would be taking its place. There aren't too many video games that I'm passionate about that I would consider for the land, so I've all-but ruled out a video game. Also, most of the high-grossing Universal movies have been heavily incorporated into Universal parks.

I was just reading up on The Water World Show at Universal. The movie had great hope for success, only to have a dismal box office. The show had already been green-lighted and has proved to be one of the best theme park shows in the world. Ideally I'm looking for something along those lines--a movie (or other IP) that may have not been exceptional in the box office but is interesting from a world-building perspective.

ThemeParkPriest

Maybe I'm 95% sure what I'm doing.

A couple of quick thoughts...

"Ride the Movies." It's important that the Universal Studios park keeps to that theme as they open a third park with diverse themes.

Bold, vibrant colors: Springfield/Simpsons Land, Seuss Landing, Super Nintendo World. It seems like the land replacing Simpsons should have a great color palette.

Thoughts (or suggestions) as to what I'm doing?

AceAstro

Bold, vibrant colors: Springfield/Simpsons Land, Seuss Landing, Super Nintendo World. It seems like the land replacing Simpsons should have a great color palette.

Thoughts (or suggestions) as to what I'm doing?
It’s definitely something you see throughout Universal. Even in more muted lands, you’ll have a large bold set piece to stand out (Hogwarts, Hulk coaster in lagoon, Kong Entrance, etc.) even if you don’t take that bold colour path, it fits that Universal scheme and I’m very excited to see what you do!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom