Mannequins Steakhouse

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I know what you're thinking "What a strange name for a restaurant" but seriously according to a source connected to a certain fan site the future of Mannequins Dance Palace found on Pleasure Island may be of a new upscale steak house restaurant.

Looks like the Disney Springs is starting to spark interest in the 3rd party sector but honestly does WDW really need another steak house based restaurant?

backinaction

the answer is no. i've spent awhile thinking back on all the great times I had at pleasure island before its close. I dont remember ever having anywhere near that amount of fun at DTD after the close of pleasure island. and the thing is I dont even like to drink that much. KUNGALOOSH!

CDavid

Looks like the Disney Springs is starting to spark interest in the 3rd party sector but honestly does WDW really need another steak house based restaurant?

If they could figure out some way to siphon part of the business away from Le Cellier in World Showcase, it would clearly be a success.

You could even make it a quality steakhouse, and still attract Disney crowds.

SirLink

If it were a Steakhouse that is really going in it will most probably be the East Coast version of Steakhouse 55 ... name it Steakhouse 71 and have black and white photos of early WDW ... done.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
If they could figure out some way to siphon part of the business away from Le Cellier in World Showcase, it would clearly be a success.

You could even make it a quality steakhouse, and still attract Disney crowds.

Lets not forget that Shula's (Dolphin) and the Yachtsman Steakhouse are both very popular steak houses.

slappy magoo

I'd prefer another option for some kind of entertainment in Disney Springs. The idea of An Adventurer's Club style dinner theater is a great idea, I know such an idea has been kicked around in the past. I also think it'd be great either bring back Comedy Warehouse, or some kind of comedy club. I can understand the problems with specifically themed dance clubs, especially if that genre falls out of favor, but some kind of dinner theater or comedy? That I'd like to see.

Actually, you know what would be funny is for there to be some kind of Disneyfied Biker bar or Goth club. You know sometimes in family-friendly movies, the "normal people" find themselves in the low-down dirty biker bar or the G-rated S&M Goth club where everyone looks like they're into bondage but nobody's actually bonded? And there's that awkward moment where we wonder how the wacky suburban dad or white-bread babysitter or space alien that doesn't understand our customs but is dressed to look like one of us is going to get out of it? And if it were the real world either nobody would give a crap or they'd be murdered immediately, but in the movies there's that long walk to the bar, where all eyes are on them because they're sooooo out of place? Disney Springs needs one of those, filled with cast members who are supposed to make you feel out of place until you somehow prove how "cool" you really are at which point, you're all right. AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN, EVERY SINGLE TIME someone walks in.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
While it would prove nice, the concentration seems to be on shopping and dining. Entertainment takes a back seat, unfortunately.

BTW great avatar!

I'd prefer another option for some kind of entertainment in Disney Springs. The idea of An Adventurer's Club style dinner theater is a great idea, I know such an idea has been kicked around in the past. I also think it'd be great either bring back Comedy Warehouse, or some kind of comedy club. I can understand the problems with specifically themed dance clubs, especially if that genre falls out of favor, but some kind of dinner theater or comedy? That I'd like to see.

Actually, you know what would be funny is for there to be some kind of Disneyfied Biker bar or Goth club. You know sometimes in family-friendly movies, the "normal people" find themselves in the low-down dirty biker bar or the G-rated S&M Goth club where everyone looks like they're into bondage but nobody's actually bonded? And there's that awkward moment where we wonder how the wacky suburban dad or white-bread babysitter or space alien that doesn't understand our customs but is dressed to look like one of us is going to get out of it? And if it were the real world either nobody would give a crap or they'd be murdered immediately, but in the movies there's that long walk to the bar, where all eyes are on them because they're sooooo out of place? Disney Springs needs one of those, filled with cast members who are supposed to make you feel out of place until you somehow prove how "cool" you really are at which point, you're all right. AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN, EVERY SINGLE TIME someone walks in.

71jason

If it were a Steakhouse that is really going in it will most probably be the East Coast version of Steakhouse 55 ... name it Steakhouse 71 and have black and white photos of early WDW ... done.

It's Disney Springs--all third-party. So not likely. The Adventurers Club dinner show isn't happening either, same reason (thankfully, it would destroy everything that was good about the Club).

BTW, King Bob's rumor said an upscale steakhouse. I assume on the level of a Mortons or a Ruth's Chris. Those normally cater more to convention-goers than people in shorts and T-shirts pushing strollers. In other words, while I consider Bob a friend and believe he heard this rumor, I suspect it's wishful thinking on the part of someone at TDO.

SirLink

It's Disney Springs--all third-party. So not likely. The Adventurers Club dinner show isn't happening either, same reason (thankfully, it would destroy everything that was good about the Club).

BTW, King Bob's rumor said an upscale steakhouse. I assume on the level of a Mortons or a Ruth's Chris. Those normally cater more to convention-goers than people in shorts and T-shirts pushing strollers. In other words, while I consider Bob a friend and believe he heard this rumor, I suspect it's wishful thinking on the part of someone at TDO.

If they could not attain the amount of third party vendors required to make Hyperion Wharf a success I doubt they will with F&B for Disney Springs. I thought something similar to Trader Sams was in fact destined for Disney Springs ... not AC Dinner Show though.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
As I said on the blog...how appropriate, it always was a meat market!

It's interesting because the same rumor was around during the closing of the clubs or at the very least, after they were closed. I wonder if it's fresh info or re-hashed.

Regardless, it's sad and that's all that has to be said. What we know for sure is they are keeping the building, it just remains to be seen what it will turn into. That video that was posted and then turned private said PI would be finished in 2015, so relatively speaking we don't have to wait that much longer to find out...

Next Big Thing

If they could not attain the amount of third party vendors required to make Hyperion Wharf a success I doubt they will with F&B for Disney Springs. I thought something similar to Trader Sams was in fact destined for Disney Springs ... not AC Dinner Show though.
Trader Sams was listed as a possible tenant for Disney Springs. It's going to the Polynesian now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom