Mannequins Steakhouse

71jason

Nah there was something else another insider on another site mentioned in passing, wasn't Trader Sams, something similiar to Trader Sams though. I never followed up though.

Yeah, it was a one-time reference, haven't heard a peep since. Seemed odd at the time, given Tikiman had recently said Trader Sam's was a go at Poly. As Zulemara suggests, there's been so many rumors the past 6 years, it's possibly old rumors are being resurrected.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There isn't a steakhouse at DTD already. This is a good fit. Sure there are other steakhouses on property, but there is going to have to be overlap if they want to add a bunch of new restaurants unless Disney invents new kinds of food.

PhotoDave219

I know what you're thinking "What a strange name for a restaurant" but seriously according to a source connected to a certain fan site the future of Mannequins Dance Palace found on Pleasure Island may be of a new upscale steak house restaurant.

Looks like the Disney Springs is starting to spark interest in the 3rd party sector but honestly does WDW really need another steak house based restaurant?

Yes. Yes they do.

There's Le celliar, yachtsmen and Shula's. We're still down one since they closed Concourse steakhouse.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I never got to go to the AC...and I regret it...it sounds like one of my favorite places...if they made it a dinner theater or something...it would probably be the highlight of my trip.

Figment2005

I welcome anything that can turn an unused building into something useful again. I understand you all miss Pleasure Island, but that ship has sailed and there is nothing that can be done. Disney Springs is looking to be one hell of a good project, so until Disney proves me wrong, I have high hopes for the area.

majortom1981

No. but...if they turned the Adventurers Club into a dinner-theatre type thing - i'm all for it!

Kungaloosh!

I still think Disney should get Jekyll and hyde club from NYC to be in Disney springs. The guy who runs it was a cast member for the adventurers club way back. It is similar to the adventurers club but serves meals. I have been there and its pretty good. They have actors going around to tables and have animatronics that do shows during the meal.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Well everyone - According to the Save Pleasure Island Blog the permits have been filed for the former buildings that were 8Trax & Mannequins to become the future site of a restaurant owned and operated by Patina Restaurant Group who also own the Italy Pavilions two restaurants in Epcot. SPI blog also claims that among the Patina Groups restaurant concepts listed on their website are Steakhouses as well as there Italian fare, though others are saying any plans for a steakhouse style restaurant will be found on the other side of the island where the Adventurers Club and BET Soundstage once were.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom