Mandatory “Room Check” - Take the poll...

Do you agree with the mandatory room inspection every 24 hours?

• Total voters

Chi84

Premium Member
They will enter whether the sign is hanging on the door or not. But knock first, announce themselves and wait for a response before entering.
We’ve had six 7-day stays since this policy was implemented and they’ve never once knocked when we had the sign up. I think they try to avoid doing so.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We’ve had six 7-day stays since this policy was implemented and they’ve never once knocked when we had the sign up. I think they try to avoid doing so.

I've stayed 6 times, for a total of 30 days, since this policy was implemented last year. 95% of the time I was in the room when Housekeeping knocked on the door to perform the check....and the sign was hanging on the door every time. If you receive daily housekeeping, that's the check.

Chi84

Premium Member
I've stayed 6 times, for a total of 30 days, since this policy was implemented last year. 95% of the time I was in the room when Housekeeping knocked on the door to perform the check....and the sign was hanging on the door every time. If you receive daily housekeeping, that's the check.
Probably depends on how much time you spend in the room. Could be you’re just incredibly unlucky.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Probably depends on how much time you spend in the room. Could be you’re just incredibly unlucky.

I don't have a problem with the policy, nor do I find it obtrusive. I injured my foot running in the Princess Half last year and was unable to walk for a day or two. So I spent 2 days in my room. Each morning, there was a knock on my door between 10AM and 11AM. Guy was in and out in less than 10 minutes.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't have a problem with the policy, nor do I find it obtrusive. I injured my foot running in the Princess Half last year and was unable to walk for a day or two. So I spent 2 days in my room. Each morning, there was a knock on my door between 10AM and 11AM. Guy was in and out in less than 10 minutes.
Well that explains two of the days. I’m probably one of the most mild-mannered, wimpiest persons who ever visited Disney, but there’s no way I would have tolerated someone knocking on my door with the Room Occupied sign up every day for most of 30 days.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well that explains two of the days. I’m probably one of the most mild-mannered, wimpiest persons who ever visited Disney, but there’s no way I would have tolerated someone knocking on my door with the Room Occupied sign up every day for most of 30 days.

I wasn't there for 30 days straight. My six trips totaled 30 days. 4 of them were 7 days each for runDisney races.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Still . . .

So what.

I visit at least 4 times a year, a week's stay each time. During which I get up early 3 mornings in a row to run a total of 22.4 miles over those 3 days. So if anyone would want to not be interrupted, it's me and my fellow 25,000 runners. I don't find the policy objectionable or intrusive. If others do, got a simple piece of advice - don't stay at a Disney resort. You've agreed to the policy when you reserve and pay for the room. Do you also find daily housekeeping objectionable and intrusive?

Chi84

Premium Member
So what.

I visit at least 4 times a year, a week's stay each time. During which I get up early 3 mornings in a row to run a total of 22.4 miles over those 3 days. So if anyone would want to not be interrupted, it's me and my fellow 25,000 runners. I don't find the policy objectionable or intrusive. If others do, got a simple piece of advice - don't stay at a Disney resort. You've agreed to the policy when you reserve and pay for the room. Do you also find daily housekeeping objectionable and intrusive?
Not at all - I've never had an issue with the policy. It just seemed odd that housekeeping was knocking 95% of the time when you were in the room, with the Room Occupied sign on the door - that's not what most people are reporting. Now that you've put it in very specific context, it doesn't sound so strange.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So what.

Once they fully roll out the google devices property wide they wont need to check the room as they will be always listening .

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not at all - I've never had an issue with the policy. It just seemed odd that housekeeping was knocking 95% of the time when you were in the room, with the Room Occupied sign on the door - that's not what most people are reporting. Now that you've put it in very specific context, it doesn't sound so strange.

I'm DVC. I don't get daily housekeeping. But I now have daily trash removal that serves as the security check. When the Housekeeping CM knocks on my door, he says "Housekeeping". Then proceeds to check the room and empty the trash. On the 4th day I get new towels, supplies and that sufficies for the check. When I stated this happens 95% of the time when I'm in the room, I mean it usually happened in the AM when I'm still in my room. I would imagine they don't knock if the sign isn't on the door. I don't leave the sign on the door if I'm not in the room. Seems kinda silly.

Chi84

Premium Member
I'm DVC. I don't get daily housekeeping. But I now have daily trash removal that serves as the security check. When the Housekeeping CM knocks on my door, he says "Housekeeping". Then proceeds to check the room and empty the trash. On the 4th day I get new towels, supplies and that sufficies for the check. When I stated this happens 95% of the time when I'm in the room, I mean it usually happened in the AM when I'm still in my room. I would imagine they don't knock if the sign isn't on the door. I don't leave the sign on the door if I'm not in the room. Seems kinda silly.
Oh I'm sure they're required to knock before entering any room, even if there's no sign. It doesn't sound like you care that much, but I have a friend who runs in the fall half-marathon - Wine and Dine? - and she said she was able to request a time for housekeeping that fit her schedule.

I was afraid your "95%" comment would be interpreted by some to mean that Disney does not care at all about the Room Occupied sign, which I don't think is the case. It doesn't take much to set some people off on this topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom