Mancation 2013 (dubbed by my 12 yr old son)

Dates: Feb 7th – Feb 13th
Resort: Pop Century
The small two person cast is me, Bill (in the 49ers shirt below) and my best friend/brother Steve (best man at my wedding). First off, while it doesn’t matter, we are not a couple. I am married with 2 kids and he has a gf for 2 yrs (save the “nice cover jokes…lol). Trust me….as he stated during our trip, “if people heard our conversations while here….” lol. We’ve been friends since 1997 and he became informally adopted by my late Mom about 6 yrs ago. He was going thru a divorce (and has no family left) and around Easter time, I invited him to Easter at my Mom’s as I didn’t want him alone. While eating dinner, she told him, “You’ll never be alone on a holiday”. From then she was Mom to him. My mother passed away on January 4th of this year after a long battle with COPD and the last year was extremely difficult. He and my wife were my rock thru it all and we truly became brothers this past year. We always talked about this trip with her during the last several months and she loved hearing about how excited we were. She said more than once that we go no matter what happened. And when Mom talked, we listened.
ry%3D400

Yes, a touch odd that two grown 42 yr old men went to Disney together but there is a backstory to it. Back in March/April of 2012, Steve mentioned wanting to go to WDW since he hasn’t been since early 1999 and his gf didn’t want to go at the time. So as we talked my wife said, “Bill will go with you”. My wife knows I love WDW and will go any chance I get. We are taking the kids this October but going to twice in the same yr is no problem. She told me it was my birthday and Christmas present and I said “OK!!!!”. So we planned the time and in what felt like forever and no time, we were sitting at Albany (NY) airport eating lunch saying, “can you believe we are going to WDW?”
We left Albany at 2:00 and arrived a little after 5:00 and off to the DME. Since he hasn’t been to WDW for 14 yrs, the DME was new (among many other things) and such began the full blown addiction he would end up having with WDW by the end of the 7 days. We arrived @ Pop and were met at the online check-in by a newbie (earning his ears). My wife and Steve’s gf planned a surprise that was supposed to be in our room, but he messed up and gave me my gift at check in only. I was surprised and the card said it was to me from my wife. I called my wife on the way to the room to say thank you and she said, “did Steve like his gift and why did you get it at check-in?” When I told her there was nothing for him she was ed. More to come…..
After we dropped our carry-ons in our room we decided to go to MK instead of chillin at the resort. He wanted to ride Space…..all he talked about for 7 months….lol So off we went.
ry%3D400

As we arrived, the MSEP just started so we had to go up the right side of Main St to get to Tomorrowland. As we got to the corner by the Plaza, it became apparent; this was not going to be easy. Steve called it “running the gauntlet” getting thru the masses around the hub ad getting to Tomorrowland. We did and went to Space for a FP. We decided to hit Cosmic Rays for dinner and for the first time in 4 visits for me, it wasn’t good…..but oh well, we were in MK and were in 22 degree weather 6 hours earlier.
ry%3D400

We headed over to Frontierland while most were still around the hub waiting for Wishes. BTMR was all of a 5 min wait so that was a no brainer. Got the front car and off we went just as Wishes started. In what turned out to be an awesome start to the trip, as we went around the first ”curve” the fireworks were going off right "in front of us" and it was an incredible sight. We got of Thunder and we got right back on with no wait.
ry%3D400

We then headed to Space for our FP and then did Buzz on the way out.

As we approached the bus stop, we noticed there were four million people in line for the Pop bus (well…maybe a little exaggerated but…lol.) We were behind a woman who was by herself and talked our ears off for 40 mins…OMG! I actually texted my wife to call me to get me out of it….which she did and that prompted a text from Steve standing right next to me calling me an a$$-hole for subjecting him to it alone. HA HA HA.
Unbeknownst to us, my wife called Disney Florist b/c she wasn’t happy that they messed the presents up (says on my card to be delivered together with his stuff), spelled her name wrong on the card, certain things weren’t in my bag that were supposed to be and a few other things that were wrong. An extremely nice CM on the phone named Jeannine apologized profusely to her and said she would take care of it. When we returned to our room, she provided us with a Mickey mug and Pluto (Steve’s favorite) mug with 2 fastpasses each. It was not necessary and incredibly generous of her. His present was also there. His gf got him a large Mickey balloon and personalized ears with his name on it (he wore them every single day for the rest of the trip). It’s fitting for him as he is a loud, doesn’t give a damn what people think type of person where I am the polar opposite. My wife got me a small cooler bag with a bunch of snacks and I now use that as my “lunch bag” for work.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I see this is going to be the condensed Reader's Digest version. Ahh the adventure is just beginning. Just reading this brings it all back in vivid technicolor. I don't care who thinks what of me but I will scream loud and proud from the minute we boarded the DME until we arrived back home in Albany, NY I traded my 'MAN' card for a set of Ears and found my inner child, my outer child and any other child I had residing in me. It was a perfectly planned Mancation that was flawlessly executed.

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
DAY 2
Friday was EPCOT day. Steve had been talking about Soarin and TT for months. What’s weird is that he was there when they were almost done with the original TT was being built and then showed up a few months after the refurb (and never got to see the original).
We woke up to a perfect morning as would be the case for the entire trip (Thanks Mom!!!) The view right outside our room was nice looking out @ AoA.
ry%3D400

We arrived @ EPCOT a little earlier than expected (due to no wait for the bus). It allowed me to be able to take a couple of good pictures and this is when I found out that my Droid takes really good pictures.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

We started @ TT 2.0 to begin the day. This was the first time on the refurbed version for me and a month later I’m still on the fence. There are parts I like better but also parts I prefer the old one. Steve loved it as I expected he would and this was also the first time I decided to be a touch reckless with my phone and take a picture while on a ride (something I did often and got lucky to not lose it). We were on the first car of the day and bypassed the design. There was a small hold up so they sent some people thru the single rider line. The guy we went on with seemed a little uneasy on the ride…..
ry%3D400

Next was over to MS……GREEN. I have been on tons of thrill rides but cannot do spinning. The only ride I’ve ever gotten sick on is the tilt-a-whirl. We had a plan from the beginning for us to do green and then he’d do Orange while I go get Soarin Fastpasses…..which is exactly what we did. I love MS and Steve did as well….but liked orange much more. So it allowed him to make fun of Gary Sinise’s horrible rug in the video twice (if it’s not it sure looks like it).
As I went over to get our FP for Soarin I got to see The Jammitors for the first time. I knew they were there but never got to see them. I took a video of them to show the kids and now they want to make it a point to see them when we got in October. We met near Mousegears and then headed to SSE. Regardless of so many posters of the end, I really enjoy this attraction. It was a walk on so that worked well. On the way to see Nemo, we stopped to watch the fountain and I had my picture taken to send to my wife (with my electric shirt that I charged before we left the room according to Steve).

ry%3D400

Since most things in EPCOT were new to Steve, he wanted to check out everything which was perfectly fine with me. I really like the Seas w/ Nemo and Friends pavilion and here is where I found something new. I didn’t know they did a dolphin show and never saw the Mickey rocks.

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

We then went over to do Nemo before heading to hang with the Crush Man. I like Turtle Talk and my kids love it (and they are teenagers). Steve said he wanted to check it out after seeing it online and he was not disappointed. It was great show….a few of the kids went silent when the mic was in front of them and the guy doing Crush was awesome with it.
It was then over to use our FP for Soarin and here is where I believe the full blown addiction took hold of Steve. While the film does need some work, it’s still a fantastic attraction. He can watch the ride on youtube forever but once he got the feeling and got to smell everything, it changed just how much he loved it. What cracked me up is Steve had “the little beauties on” which he had to take off with the instructions of our flight attendant Puddy.
ry%3D400

It was lunch time so we decided to try Sunshine Seasons which was a great choice. We had a breakfast snack there in 2011 but never ate there. Steven had the Mongolian beef and I had the turkey ciabatta. I’m not big on taking pics of my food so there will be none (except for the dessert at the ESPN Club). I loved it and the oranges were the size of grapefruits (insert joke here b/c we did a few times). Shocking the oranges were great considering we were in Florida. After a relaxing lunch and making fun of several people, we got FP for Soarin later in the day and headed to see Figment.
I have to go off on a tangent here for a second. Sweet tap dancing Jesus, why the heck do people not look in the mirror before leaving their hotel rooms in the morning??? Some people are morons when dressing themselves and their kids. I saw more people looking like a bag of skittles…especially teenagers. It’s ok to have many different colors of clothing but you don’t have to wear them ON THE SAME DAY!!!!!!! And for heaven’s sake, leave the flipping pack home…..especially the “stylish” leather ones!!!! Whoever told u it was ok to wear it, go find them and beat them with a shovel. Moving on shall we. J
Here is where I got a couple of great pics (at least for me they are). I know others have fantastic dslr cameras but I hate carrying things so I decided to to use my phone this trip and little did I know how good it was at taking pics. This is where I found that out.
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
ry%3D400

Then off to World Showcase and probably another bathroom break. I have the world’s smallest bladder so if I mentioned all bathroom breaks, this trip report would take me 700 hundred bleeping years to write it.
On the way, I saw Duffy and had to take a pic for my wife…..he’s her favorite.
ry%3D400

I was so looking forward to seeing the World Showcase players in England….so we went to the “alley” where they play and waited for a bit. I, along with about 10 other people, wondered where they were and then I looked at the times guide to make sure of the time and saw they don’t play on Fridays. DAMN!!! That sucked but it was time to move on.
We traveled far and wide to all 11 countries but stopped @ Norway for Maelstrom….thank goodness it was only a 10 min wait. Skipped the film thank you very much.
We then went to China and had our picture taken to go with our favorite inside joke of all time. Back in 2001, Steve and I went to Loudon, NH to see the NASCAR Cup race. Anyone who has gone knows u have to get there early to beat the 3 million other wackadoos that go to the race so we arrived @ 6:30am. We brought Trivial Pursuit to kill some time and played it pretty early. While Steve and I are pretty intelligent people (or at least we tell ourselves that), many of the questions we didn’t know so we’d always answer “China”….knowing it wasn’t right. Well…..Steve got to the middle with his piece all filled up at the end and I chose History for him (since he sucked at it all game). I asked the question and he had no clue of the answer so he said “China”!!! The actual answer was China and we laughed our off for several hours and have for 12 years since.
CHINA!!!!!!
ry%3D400

It was then time to visit Italy for a special drink. My Mom was full-blooded Italian (not the off the boat, accent laden Italian but one very proud of her heritage) and always loved her red wine and always had a bottle (or 6 in the house). We originally were going to go to Germany for a beer but I brought up the idea to go to Italy and have a glass of red wine and give a toast to my wonderful mother. Steve thought it was a great idea!!!!! I wish I thought of someone getting our picture but oh well. We got a glass of wonderful red wine suggested by a gorgeous Italian woman, went over by the lagoon and raised our glasses to Mom (a beautiful Italian woman). “To Mom”.
It was time for dinner and we had reservations @ Chef de France. Dinner was excellent and we had a great server named Eric. We really enjoyed it and were very glad he chose that before the trip. I had the beef short ribs and he had the chicken but we both loved the bread…..lol After a wonderful dessert we headed back to Future World for Soarin and TT @ night (one of Steve’s “requests”). We got to do both and went to Mousegears (again) which turned out to be his favorite shop.
We took a pic or two on the way out and headed for the bus to retire for the evening. Tomorrow is DHS where the crowds show up…..holy did they show up!!!!!!!!!
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Zipadeelady

I'm laughing just typing my reply.... glad to see you two had a great time! Two 42 yr old men at Disney with no kids or females....awesome!! :D

Excited to read more!!

OK, now for the rest of the story. Let's start at the beginning of the Day. We hit the Pop Century food court for what I'll call a gas and go. Picking up the essential everyday Powerade and a water. While waiting in line I learned about the, "Do the Twist" routine in the morning. So complete with ears on I decided I would do the twist in line. Hey the cashier was doing it... when in Rome.

Upon arriving at EPCOT I couldn't help but think how much smaller Spaceship Earth seemed. Now having brushed up on all things Disney before my trip the view of SSE was pretty amazing when you think about the design tech behind it, it still seemed incredibly small to me. Maybe I just got bigger. Maybe it was the ears I was sporting just giving me a skewed perspective. Or maybe it was just 7:30am and my eyes weren't fully open. As we entered the park we headed for TT as Bill mentioned, with each step closer to SSE I realized at 7:30am I wasn't fully awake because SSE is mammoth.

As we walk up on TT I have to tell you this ride could have been horrible and I wouldn't have cared. In 1998 during my last visit all you could see was a fence with plywood blocking your view. To be standing where I was, considering the shape it was in the last time I saw it, was totally and undeniably cool. Personally I think the design stuff looks cool, but what was cooler was being on the first car of the day. Silly I'm sure to some but in my geeky little brain I was overjoyed to be able to say I was on the first car of the day. Now here is where I got a taste of complete befuddlement. Is TT 2.0, as many people have dubbed it, the greatest ride in the world, or even WDW? No, not even close. Was it fun? Yes. Would I complain about one piece of it? Not on your life. I was in WD firetruckin' W. On a Friday morning. Sun was shining, I was with my brother and it was SPECTACULAR!! It's not about the ride or about the thrill. For me it was about the experience. To steal a line from Dr. Seuss, my "heart grew three sizes." I have read so many negative things on these boards but I will tell you nothing beats the feeling of stepping off that ride and turning to my brother and yelling, "AGAIN, AGAIN!!" Yes I'm a dork and I don't care. But this wasn't even the watershed moment, that would happen on Soarin'.

The abridged version has us picking up our story as we are nearing the cast member who will direct us to the FP Concourse for our flight. Now as is typical with all things, there is always a seedy underbelly. As we reached the CM the SB line was packed. It was at this moment I felt slightly bad for SB riders. Being a newbie I still hadn't really grasped the concept of FP. The family at the front of the SB line was led by the curmudgeonly father. I grew a bit disenfranchised as he began to berate the cast member about the wait. Seriously old crusty dude? You are in WD firetruckin' W, for somethings you just have to wait or you could have gotten a FP. Knowing what I know now, Soarin' is worth the wait. From the pre-flight show with Patrick Warburton, through to the landing after the fireworks at Disneyland, Soarin' did not disappoint. It's not my favorite ride, but it is awesome none the less. Upon leaving the ride I turned to Bill and said, "Yeah M and I aren't going to Vegas next year. We are coming here."

Now there were so many things that I enjoyed that happened next. Meeting Figment, tasting the many varieties of Coke products at the Cool Zone, having my picture taken with Chip and Dale and the list goes on and on. But there were two events that really put the exclamation point on the day. Wonderful thing after wonderful thing just kept happening. Just writing about it extends the visit far beyond the park, a phrase Bill drove into my head. Regardless of what the haters, nay-sayers, opinionated guests or just down right "nothing is ever good enough" type people might say, EVERYTHING that happened on this trip will carry me through every negative thing that happens to me the rest of my life. No matter where I go or what I see I will always carry with me the feeling of pure, unadulterated joy. The kind of joy we all lose sight of during our daily life. I'm sure that place is different for everybody. For me I truly believe I've found my happy place. It used to be Yankee Stadium, a place that holds so much importance in my life. Nothing, no place I have ever been has ever allowed me the ability to forget about my troubles for a brief moment and just immerse myself in a land where anything is possible, where your face can get tired from smiling. WDW did that for me. I can feel the glow in my chest just thinking about it. 10 ft tall and bullet proof doesn't even begin to explain the sense of elation I experienced during my time in WDW. I know it may sound over the top, but my experience was just that, OVER THE TOP! So what were the two experiences you might be asking...

The first was quite simple and was more impressive than anything. Now as Bill mentioned Duffy is his wife's favorite Disney character, I have to admit I had no idea that Duffy even existed. As we approached Duffy's little hide away for a photo op, the CM looked at me and said, "I figured you would be coming over this way."
"How did you know that?" I replied.
"The ears gave you away." she said.
Now I love being noticed. As an ego maniac it really charges me up when people notice me in a crowd. At this point I was ecstatic, I was making a memorable mark on the CMs. What was even more impressive was when I told the CM that I had no idea who Duffy was. The CM in true Disney form didn't just blow me off, which would have been understandable seeing as how there were no children present. It would have been really easy for her to say nothing and just smile, just another guest in the park. This CM didn't do that. She began to explain to be with great fervor, who Duffy was. After hearing the story of Duffy told with such enthusiasm, I decided that Duffy was getting a hug and I was getting a pict as well. The CM really made that experience. All that you hear is how CM take their jobs seriously and do them with a special pride. I can confirm that is so true. This one really made my experience one that was memorable. Kudos to her.

Now if you recall I said two experiences. This will be my parting shot. As they say I saved the best for last. Now most of you reading this have no idea who I am other than the posts you have read. At 6'1", 245lbs (BEEFY) I'm a bit of an imposing figure and I don't like to be touched. Amazing how the minute I ran into my first characters I turned into a HUGGING machine. The transformation was uncanny. So as Bill mentioned we were trying to find the Kings Players in England. After that didn't pan out we headed into a gift shop in England, at which point I spy in the back of the shop two rather large colorful creatures. It was Pooh and Tigger. I won't lie I was a bit excited. I said to Bill, "I need a picture with the two of them." Now Bill was a good sport any character I wanted a photo with he waited patiently with me and was very happy to play the role of my personal photographer. This was no exception. As we waited in line it was very obvious that I was just a tad bit excited, honestly I couldn't stand still. There was a couple behind us with children. The mother says to Bill, "Are your children up there?" pointing to the two children with Pooh and Tigger. Bill replied, "No, this is my kid" and pointed to me. I'm not sure what the mother thought, nor did I care. As the photographer motioned me forward, I stepped with a bit of over joyed exuberance into Tigger's open arms. Let the HUGS begin. Tigger was great, big HUG, High Five, I was in heaven. I turn to see Pooh with open arms. I went in HOT for my Pooh HUG!!! As I hugged Pooh, much like a child who is afraid of the dark, I realized I had a Death Grip on Pooh. I swear I heard a bit of air escaping Pooh's lungs. Pooh hung in there like a champ. In the picture Pooh's head was down a little, reeling from the MONSTER bear HUG I'm sure. It was a great moment. I shook hands with both Pooh and Tigger and thanked them for the opportunity. As I walked away they waved goodbye. Just recalling it makes me grin from ear to ear. I won't soon forget the moment. It was the moment I realized I was 42 going on 4. That's what WDW does for me. It's the ultimate time machine. I could go on and on but I'm sure some of you have either stopped reading or your eyes are glazed over. Thanks for letting me share and now you know the rest of the story.

Mista C

That was awesome and I really enjoyed reading this entire thread! I especially like your comment in your last paraghraph that WDW is the ultimate time machine! You hit the nail on the head with that one!

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
I'm laughing just typing my reply.... glad to see you two had a great time! Two 42 yr old men at Disney with no kids or females....awesome!! :D

Excited to read more!!

Thanks very much. It was a great time and nice to not have to have your head on a swivel making sure the kids are near you.

draybook

We're both big Niners fans. I was hoping to wear SB Champs gear but ......

Yeah, the Friday before the SB our site director held a SB party for our facility and she had one NFL official 49'ers Champion hat and one Ravens hat. I wanted to win the 49'ers hat so bad. But with the acquisition of Boldin and maybe Revis we're going to take it this year!

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
Yeah, the Friday before the SB our site director held a SB party for our facility and she had one NFL official 49'ers Champion hat and one Ravens hat. I wanted to win the 49'ers hat so bad. But with the acquisition of Boldin and maybe Revis we're going to take it this year!

No Revis.....price too high. I'd prefer to bring Goldson back....although that's looking highly unlikely.

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
DAY 3
DHS
Saturday morning had EMH @ DHS which I thought would allow us a bunch of rides before it got crowded. HA!!!!! I heard only a few days before that the National Cheerleading Competition was that Sat. I figured it would be a little busy but holy crap…..not like this. This is where the Brazilian Purple Twirl week from hell would begin regarding the crowds. We got an early start as it was a little dark but look on the other side of the bridge…..here come the cheerleaders.

ry%3D400

We got to DHS around 7:30 to run with the herd to get FP for TSMM and then head to RnR and Tower. As we were in line, a million cheerleaders were coming in @ the entrance on the left of us. Who knew that they would end up being the most well behaved teenage girls we would see all week.
ry%3D400

As gates opened we went right to TSMM for FP and they were for 8:55-9:55….did not expect it to be that early but ok. We went over to RnR for the first of 3 rides for the day and also gave us a classic story. Steve had seen the ride on youtube a bunch of times but for some reason it never dawned on him that it was a launch coaster…..as he told u, he’s not that bright. J So………we walked right on and into the recording studio for the pre-show. Obviously much cooler in person than online and as we walked out into the alley (which this injected a whole ‘nother shot for the WDW addiction), I told him we’re getting the front. Since I’ve been on this numerous times I prefer the front and I know he loves the front of coasters so we might as well get him the best experience right off the bat. We get to the “how many” CM and after putting us behind the front row line we had to only wait one car before we got on. He removed his ears, packed them away and we came around the curve for the start. There was a small delay…not sure why but it was a good thing. Then there was a false start countdown and it was then that I noticed he had his arms up…….oh boy………….this is not good. He is an “arms up” type of person on coasters and such and it was at this point I looked over to him (dead-panned) and said…”put your arms down”. “Why?” he says. I told him “because we’ll end up in the ER with your shoulders separated and I really don’t want to be there”. I get the puzzled look but he said ok and we got the real countdown. Since he didn’t know what to do with his arms (insert joke here), for the picture of the takeoff he had the “holy , I’m gonna die pose” LMAO (see below)

ry%3D400

We pull around to the back alley and he’s all geeked up over how good the ride is and saying it was awesome (which it is). As we’re climbing out of the car, he says to me “good call on the arms down thing”. Laughing our a$$es off, we headed over to the see the picture and laughed even more when we saw it. We got the attractions plus card so on the card it went and off we go to ToT.
We walked over to ToT for the first of 3 for the day of this one as well (thanks to well planned FP work). He went on this in 1999 so it wasn’t completely foreign to him but after reading lots of online stuff and a hidden secrets book, he was marveled at all the details of the queue which is in my opinion the best queue in all of WDW. Tower for me regardless of how many times I’ve been on it, still scares me for the first drop…..see the picture below.

ry%3D400

So as much as the joke of “what’s louder, Steve’s shirt or the screams of the passengers on the elevator?” is out there, me holding the bars by the seat makes me not be able to say anything….lol We got off and it was still a walk on somehow so we went right back on and then did some shopping in the gift shop. Have you ever wondered what a hotel desk’s service bell would look like shoved down someone’s throat or up their nose, or up their a$$? I have and I wanted to see it. You know, it amazes me how parents can let their kids hit the damn bell that the tower gift shop sells 400x before saying stop to little Johnny (it was that 400th time that began to annoy his Mom apparently). Little Johnny almost got the feeling of swallowing that bell but Steve convinced me not to so we could enjoy the rest of our day.
ry%3D400

After another bathroom stop, we headed over to use our FP for TSMM. The wait was probably 20 minutes for the FP line which was surprising but no surprise the stand by time @ 9:30 was 80 minutes. So on we went and I whooped Steve. Although me being on it 3x and Steve never being on it probably helped a little. He really enjoyed it and as we exited, he decided it would be better served to use our fastpasses for other things than do it again so it was off to Star Tours which Steve hadn’t been on in 14 yrs so the new version would his first go ‘round on it. Steve is a Star Wars geek so this was a priority to do several times….if I could get his candy-a$$ out the gift shop….ha ha ha.
ry%3D400

ST was a walk on which was surprising considering the throngs of people that had already converged on DHS. I’ve been on ST about 15x and had 3 scenes in the first trip I’ve never seen which was cool. When we got off, we checked the wait time and it was stilla walk on so we decided to go it again before shopping. The 2nd trip was all new scenes from the first and more intense than I’ve ever seen it before. Very rough and more movement certainly than the first. As we exited our StarSpeeder, two things happened…..I wasn’t feeling well and Steve noticed his Pluto ears that he purchased the previous day were left under the seat.
We then had simultaneous fantastic CM experiences. It was only about 10:45 at this time and as a CM was contacting another to get his ears from the pod, I went outside to get some air and a bottle of water. I walked to a few of the carts but none were open yet so I walked over to Pizza Planet and went inside. I realized it wasn’t open but went up to (what I believe was) the manager and told her I was not feeling well and asked if I could but a bottle of water. She asked if it by a card (probably b/c the cash drawers weren’t open yet) and when I said yes, she said it was fine and rang me up. I was very appreciative and went to meet Steve to see if he got his ears and thanks to another excellent CM, his ears were retrieved.
Muppets 3D vision was next and it was enjoyable as usual. On the way out we shopped for a decent amount of time…….it was a nice break. It was in the gift shop we saw the sign of “no pepper”.

ry%3D400

If you are a baseball fan (as we are), you have probably seen “no pepper games” on the fences so I had to take a picture of the sign.
We then went to Backlot Express for lunch and listened to the cheer routines at Indy as background music. LOL After lunch it was over to LMA for another first for Steve. When we talked before the trip, we knew that some things in DHS would have to be sacrificed so GMR and Backlot Tour would be casualties along with Indy since he saw all 3 in 1999 (which is sad). It allowed us to do everything else including One Man’s Dream which he really liked since he began reading a lot about Walt and WDW in general quite a bit before the trip. We also went to Animation to see Sorcerer Mickey. Another sight was a woman who had some horrific plastic surgery. She was supposed to be a trophy wife for a middle aged Hispanic male who was a dirt bag. She was too old to be a trophy wife and her “enhancements” (to keep this PG rated) we about a foot apart….almost like Stevie Wonder did the job. Her face was pulled back so far that Joan Rivers thought the work was bad. It was a sight!!!!
On the way to Sunset Blvd, we were shopping and Steve saw a spot where an artist does sketches which I’ve never seen before. The sign said the artist would be back after 4 so we decided to shop a little more, see a show and then head back. He said he wanted to see BaTB which was ok b/c it allowed us to get a snack and relax for a little bit. Two soft pretzels and frozen lemonades from Anaheim Produce was just the trick to eat during the show. After the show, we went to the store and the artist was there. Steve commissioned him to do a sketch of Mickey hugging Pluto. (We got it on Monday and it was fantastic…..one hell of a one of a kind purchase).
Steve went to do ST again and I went and got us some FP for RnR. AS I walked over to ST, I called my wife on the way to talk to her on the way to meet him at ST. After shopping a bit we went to do RNR again and then to Fantasmic.
We got to sit in the Malificent section which is my wife’s favorite character. I told Steve I was going to take a pic of the sign and send it to her. He told me I was an idiot to rub it in and sure enough, she responded to my text by calling me a name…..lol
I love Fantasmic and it was in better shape than in 2011 although the “pre-show” with the 2 guys sucked. Period. It was lame and I prefer to doing the wave but no…….we had to listen to the two FM dj’s…….jabronis. The only issue was it was windy and the wind was blowing right into the crowd so during the mist parts, everyone was getting a little wet which made it feel substantially colder.

ry%3D400

After Fantasmic we then went to the ESPN Club for dinner and made the walk which was a nice walk. It was here that I had the greatest dessert ever (at least for me). It’s like it was made specifically for me (the key lime/blueberry one).
ry%3D400
ry%3D400

A walk out to the front of the Boardwalk to a 4 minute, $4 cab ride and we were home to rest for the evening. Tomorrow is MK!!!!!!!

Raven66

I'm enjoying your "mancation" trip report complete with awesome stories. And I'm sure your mom was holding up her own glass of wine while you all toasted her. Very sweet. And the story Steve wrote about you with Pooh and Tigger was great!! Can't wait to read more!!

Dads 2 Boys

Original Poster
I'm enjoying your "mancation" trip report complete with awesome stories. And I'm sure your mom was holding up her own glass of wine while you all toasted her. Very sweet. And the story Steve wrote about you with Pooh and Tigger was great!! Can't wait read more!!

Thanks very much. I'm sure she was. Going a month after she passed was difficult and cathartic at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom