Man used Walt Disney World to support his crack habit

PBarton

I have a vision of the guy stealing a till from the Magic Kingdom and then calmly sitting on the Ferry or Monorail back to his getaway car at the T&TC!!

:hammer:

DME

Notice the story only mentioned he hit retail stores and resorts. It'd be funny if he he was stupid enough to think he should be hitting registers in the park...but first he'd had to buy park tickets...now does he buy day passes or tickets which include hotel...... :lol:

napnet

Original Poster
DME said:
Notice the story only mentioned he hit retail stores and resorts. It'd be funny if he he was stupid enough to think he should be hitting registers in the park...but first he'd had to buy park tickets...now does he buy day passes or tickets which include hotel...... :lol:

hah personally i think the media just got it wrong (like 99.9% of the time) and interchanged Walt Disney World Resort with Magic Kingdom. I really couldn't imagine this guy leaving the park with a register but i could see it at like DTD or other resorts.

Tom

Beta Return
PBarton said:
I have a vision of the guy stealing a till from the Magic Kingdom and then calmly sitting on the Ferry or Monorail back to his getaway car at the T&TC!!

:hammer:

Ha! Actually, that kind of happened here in my home town. Some idiot robbed a bank nearby, hopped in his car, and got stuck at the stoplight leaving the parking lot. He got out onto the highway, only to meet 6 cop cars. :lol:

wannab@dis

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
It must have been worthwhile - its not cheap to get into WDW 9 times !!
Probably had an AP. We know how the APers think they're entitled to all benefits with their AP. I just don't remember seeing "As a premium benefit of this AP, you may take any cash register that will fit into a trash bag" printed on the paperwork. :rolleyes:

FatBoy976

"You might not know this about me Joe Rogan, but I smoke rocks."

FiftiesDean said:
chappelle_drugie.jpg

freediverdude

Crystal Candy? OMG But seriously, there are no signs posted anywhere by these registers that they are not refillable. Also there's no wording printed on the registers that they are "good for the length of your stay" only.

JuanD_20k

I think it was a typo, because he was caught at Pop Century, so that wouldn't have been his 9th visit to MK. I heard from other CM's that he would steal from the resorts where there is less security. If you think about it stealing from the Parks would be very difficult.

Still its very funny :lol:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
supapampam said:
Interesting --- What would you think if you all of a sudden saw some guy running with a cash register in Disney. Hard to think it took 9 times before they caught him.
it's not that hard if you knew how ineffective WDW security really is.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
NadieMasK2 said:
Yeah I can't believe he got away with it that many times. I've seen plenty of security CM's at the resorts when I've been there. Not to mention many police cars in the area. What gives?
^^ read the post above this one

napnet

Original Poster
Uniformed Disney Security in the park always seems to be a 70+ aged crowd when i have noticed them. If not that, then heavy enough i could out walk them (im fat too). I would be more worried about the Orange County Sherriff who has a gun and tazer.

GeneralKnowledge

thats friggin hilarious....it seems to be an effective way to support a crack habit...maybe I should sart using it for my habit of eating lunch onsite

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Incredibly entertaining read. It opens up so many questions - Was this guy purposely targeting WDW cash registers or was it happenstance? My guess is after he did it once or twice and wasn't caught he decided security was incompetent. Still it seems like a lot of work hauling around a register. Why wouldn't he do Tigsmom's suggestion and just pickpocket? There might be more danger in pickpocketing. I know once I felt a hand on my wallet and I did an arm grab followed by a pirouette, followed by a knee to the private area (I should note, the person was unskillfully pulling my wallet out of my too tight jeans circa 1989, no question it was a pickpocket attempt). So maybe an angry crime victim is more dangerous than WDW security. Who knows. I give this guy points for some originality.

jmvd20

Would WDW security even to try and stop someone like this inside of the parks or in other congested areas? To me security trying to stop someone as bold as this inside a park could cause more trouble. Like injuring guests, taking hostages, or bystanders being hurt. I'm not making excuses for ineffective security, just throwing a thought out there. To me the best bet would be to let the thief casually exit the park/crowded area and then have police apprehend him once leaving.

pluto77

BeachClub1 said:
I love "stupid criminal" stories, who takes the whole register, really, stupid criminals like this one obviously do...
That's what I was wondering, why would you take the whole cash register? :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom