News Man caught camping on Discovery Island...

Lilofan

He was filming a pilot for his own Disney style Survivorman show. He was going to pitch it for Disney+. Just before the cops showed up he was going to show how to make a combo gator, rattler, jambalaya stew.
I knew a couple that lived in rural Virginia in the mid 1990s in a campsite, outhouse for the bathroom facilities and hunted for food, squirrel, possum, snakes, deer, etc and lived off the land.

ImperfectPixie

I knew a couple that lived in rural Virginia in the mid 1990s in a campsite, outhouse for the bathroom facilities and hunted for food, squirrel, possum, snakes, deer, etc and lived off the land.
That's basically what I did in 1989 - lived in a 25' tall tee pee for six months (beginning of May to mid-November). The big difference was that we were set up in a private campground, so we had access to real bathrooms and showers. We fished for dinner probably 80% of the time.

TheRealBobIger

Can confirm gator is amazing. People aren't kidding when they say it tastes like chicken. 🤤

When the police informed @TheRealBobIger and I that someone was on the island we went and joined them on their helicopters. I finally thought we were going to catch Sonswa and if we were lucky I was hoping to find Buzzy too. Sadly when we found the guy we saw that he was just an average citizen practicing safe social distancing. Against our wishes the cops arrested the guy because he "broke the law" or something. I presented him with a Social Distancing World Champion limited edition button as he was put in handcuffs.

This was the first time I left my house since we closed the parks. Im glad I was able to be with @realBobChapek

JoeCamel

Gator is quite tasty.
When I lived in Florida in the 80s, I tried it and it was rather good.

Haven't had the pleasure of grilled snake meat to date, however.

-
Can confirm gator is amazing. People aren't kidding when they say it tastes like chicken. 🤤

When the police informed @TheRealBobIger and I that someone was on the island we went and joined them on their helicopters. I finally thought we were going to catch Sonswa and if we were lucky I was hoping to find Buzzy too. Sadly when we found the guy we saw that he was just an average citizen practicing safe social distancing. Against our wishes the cops arrested the guy because he "broke the law" or something. I presented him with a Social Distancing World Champion limited edition button as he was put in handcuffs.

Gator is very tasty along with rattlesnake. Like pheasant, wrap it in bacon and you have an amazing taste.

SpoiledBlueMilk

You know Florida Man strikes when the guy says he didn't know he was trespassing when he took a Disney boat over to the island. What did he think? The boats were just conveniently there for him to take? I've seen the urban explorer videos of what Discovery Island looks like now.....not exactly a tropical paradise.

Lilofan

You know Florida Man strikes when the guy says he didn't know he was trespassing when he took a Disney boat over to the island. What did he think? The boats were just conveniently there for him to take? I've seen the urban explorer videos of what Discovery Island looks like now.....not exactly a tropical paradise.
He could say that no trespassing signs were not in his language. 😒

Heppenheimer

Meh, this has been done before. Well, at least the camping and commandeering Disney-owned watercraft are new angles. I think most of the others who tried visiting Discovery Island swam there.

And yes, this is yet another example of why we can't have nice things in the US.

Dragonman

Meh, this has been done before. Well, at least the camping and commandeering Disney-owned watercraft are new angles. I think most of the others who tried visiting Discovery Island swam there.

And yes, this is yet another example of why we can't have nice things in the US.

This is like the 5th or 6th time someone has been able to get on the island.

-2009, Shane Perez & co: swam
-2017, Matt Sonswa: supposedly took a raft
-2018, Standard Stealth: unknown
-2019, ??
-2020, Exploring with Josh: unknown
-2020, Guy camping out: company boat.

You would think after all this they would finally do something about it besides trying to seal it up more. Supposedly any employee caught visiting it will be immediately terminated.

I would think being in the middle of a gator and brain-eating amoeba filled lake would be more than enough to keep people away, but apparently I'm wrong on that count.
We live nearby, and my now college-age daughter was in a Rowing Crew on the lakes just north of WDW. Plenty of gators and snakes, but none of the kids ever got brain-eating amoebas. And they were in the water on the Chain of Lakes daily for years...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom