Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

glawio

Might want to add a heads up for anyone easily offended...DO NOT click "home" on the website. There's an unavoidable pic some may not want to see.

ETA: The site is actually barren aside from three pics. Any videos that used to be present are gone (if there were any to begin with?).

I know it's super unlikely, but how incredible would it be if this somehow got used against him in this case? Like imagine them searching his apartment and finding this???

Jokes aside, dude had a track record of making really kinda weeeird sexual comments about Buzzy and it always felt very strange to me. I understand it was a kind of facetious thing but after a while it was like...are you okay? Need to talk?

ImperfectPixie

Can we please stop joking about prison rape. Don't know why so many people think it's funny for men to be raped.
Some people use humor so as to avoid feeling overwhelmed by all the terrible things that happen in the world. Some people also just have a twisted sense of humor. 🤷‍♀️ Personally, I'm sort of glad comedians joke about taboo subjects because it brings them into the public consciousness and in some indirect way may help lead to change.

ImperfectPixie

The point of incarceration should be rehabilitation, not focused on punishment.
For some yes... but clearly that is not the intent in our system for all. Else we'd never have death, life, or whole working life sentences.

And why incarceration isn't a day-camp you goto
I generally agree that rehabilitation should be the primary goal for many, but the sad reality is there are some who just aren't interested in their own rehabilitation.

OrlandoRising

I have a question... What in the pluperfect hell is an ORLANDO RISING. Never heard of it and don't know their credibility.
I was thinking the same thing, but then I noticed that they tagged the OCSO in the tweet. 🤷‍♀️
Because credentialed journalists of traditional major media aren’t interested?

Someone tweeted a screenshot of the first comment to us so I wanted to come here and respond personally. Apologies for WDWMagic for coming on their board, but I wanted the chance to defend my credibility.

I'm John Gregory, owner and operator of Orlando Rising. I started reporting on Orlando tourism and theme parks for the site in April 2018, when it was a general local news and politics site. It's now totally focused on Orlando theme parks.

As to whether we're trustworthy, I certainly aim to be. I've worked in journalism professionally for more than 8 years, and my goal is to do more responsible and credibly sourced reporting on Orlando parks than some other fan sites (that's in no way directed at WDWMagic), and not focus on promoting the parks or covering every new limited-time snack or piece of merch.

I pursued the Buzzy story like other members of the press did. Everyone from local Orlando TV to the Sentinel to the Associated Press and the more theme park-centric news sites were interested in it.

While plenty of sites reported on the arrest warrant from last week, like I did, I wanted some additional clarification on the Buzzy angle here. There were doubts about whether the arrest warrant was just reflecting what detectives heard at the time, which could fit into the theory that WDI hastily removed Buzzy and any report of it being stolen was made in error. The statement I received today confirms that it's an active investigation and the AA "is stolen," not just rumored to have been stolen.

Hope that answers your question. And apologies again to WDWMagic for coming on this board to talk about my site.

ImperfectPixie

Someone tweeted a screenshot of the first comment to us so I wanted to come here and respond personally. Apologies for WDWMagic for coming on their board, but I wanted the chance to defend my credibility.

I'm John Gregory, owner and operator of Orlando Rising. I started reporting on Orlando tourism and theme parks for the site in April 2018, when it was a general local news and politics site. It's now totally focused on Orlando theme parks.

As to whether we're trustworthy, I certainly aim to be. I've worked in journalism professionally for more than 8 years, and my goal is to do more responsible and credibly sourced reporting on Orlando parks than some other fan sites (that's in no way directed at WDWMagic), and not focus on promoting the parks or covering every new limited-time snack or piece of merch.

I pursued the Buzzy story like other members of the press did. Everyone from local Orlando TV to the Sentinel to the Associated Press and the more theme park-centric news sites were interested in it.

While plenty of sites reported on the arrest warrant from last week, like I did, I wanted some additional clarification on the Buzzy angle here. There were doubts about whether the arrest warrant was just reflecting what detectives heard at the time, which could fit into the theory that WDI hastily removed Buzzy and any report of it being stolen was made in error. The statement I received today confirms that it's an active investigation and the AA "is stolen," not just rumored to have been stolen.

Hope that answers your question. And apologies again to WDWMagic for coming on this board to talk about my site.
I have to say, it's nice to have someone like you respond directly. :)

glawio

Thanks so much for coming here and clarifying, and for being so polite! 😚

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
LMAO I can't believe that some people still won't believe it. You guys are too much, really.

@MisterPenguin would you like to comment pls

Well... this was the first public statement by either law enforcement or Disney that Buzzy was stolen. So, now we know.

What I want to know is why Disney didn't report it stolen, or, if they did, why that wasn't made public. And I know people will surmise that you don't want to tip off the thieves that you're on to them, but, with all the publicity of Buzzy missing, that ship had sailed.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I’m not usually a negative guy but this whole situation just bothers me. I for one was getting real tired of all his supporters and fans who found no problem with what he was doing. He’s basically a smug snake.

Well roil in this... he basically got sick to his stomach and and played ill when the cops first questioning him and grapped his stuff. Imagine what he did to his pants when they told him he's looking at 20+yrs in jail :)

Taran85

I’m not usually a negative guy but this whole situation just bothers me. I for one was getting real tired of all his supporters and fans who found no problem with what he was doing. He’s basically a smug snake.
I really haven’t seen any support from fans after the arrest and no one has defended him either after the arrest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom