Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

Dragonman

Central Shops has Buzzy last I heard. We’ve got three people sticking to that story (Unless Hmmm and Dave are the same person, which I doubt). I was all for the stolen theory based on the evidence we had originally, but it was just a botched removal. The stolen accusation actually originally came from in-house Disney (A CM in the know) and was spread to about half a dozen people as far as I’m aware. Then in about a month I took it mainstream after Spikes said to do so. We didn’t know the full story back then, and even now there’s lots of unanswered questions. What I do know is that he’s safe and sound in Central Shops all fixed up, at least as I am told.

Well I did speak to Dave earlier this year through Twitter before he turned off his DMs and that’s what he told me. He won’t talk about the incident anymore however due to arguments ensuing.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Translation: You have no proof and you’re accusing the police of lying.

Please stop taking this 15-year-old seriously. He has no inside knowledge of anything.

Playing devil's advocate here, the police aren't necessarily lying about it. The statements made in the e-mails from the OCPD would be whatever is currently in the case file. With a company as large and bureaucratic as Disney, and a PD that probably has a ton of case more important then this one, it would not be surprising that the official case file is not up-to-date.

My95cobras

Central Shops has Buzzy last I heard. We’ve got three people sticking to that story (Unless Hmmm and Dave are the same person, which I doubt). I was all for the stolen theory based on the evidence we had originally, but it was just a botched removal. The stolen accusation actually originally came from in-house Disney (A CM in the know) and was spread to about half a dozen people as far as I’m aware. Then in about a month I took it mainstream after Spikes said to do so. We didn’t know the full story back then, and even now there’s lots of unanswered questions. What I do know is that he’s safe and sound in Central Shops all fixed up, at least as I am told.

You also believed and backed up your buddy spikes... so you’ve proved yourself an unreliable source. Mmmm is a troll so I don’t put any credence into anything he says. He’s one of many screen names from the same person here to do nothing and add nothing positive.

Tom Morrow

Playing devil's advocate here, the police aren't necessarily lying about it. The statements made in the e-mails from the OCPD would be whatever is currently in the case file. With a company as large and bureaucratic as Disney, and a PD that probably has a ton of case more important then this one, it would not be surprising that the official case file is not up-to-date.
Yeah, this.

Disney: Hey OCPD, Buzzy wasn't stolen. our bad.
OCPD: Oh okay, thanks. *case file doesn't get updated, no one ever follows up or checks, the contact person knows nothing about the case other than how to look up the case file which was not updated*

GhostlyGoofy

Yeah, this.

Disney: Hey OCPD, Buzzy wasn't stolen. our bad.
OCPD: Oh okay, thanks. *case file doesn't get updated, no one ever follows up or checks, the contact person knows nothing about the case other than how to look up the case file which was not updated*
But even that is different from what this mhmmm is saying. They're saying Disney falsified a police report about Buzzy to set up Patrick Spikes which makes no sense at all.

Considering it was Dresses and Wigs Spikes ended up being charged for...if disney were going to set him up why not misplace more priceless clothing and not a 300lb robot boy?

wdw71fan

Disney didn't falsify anything IMO.. I've seen mountains of 'Wasn't sold at property control' items move in and out of the house in question.. Actually, I think since the arrest/subsequent exposure he moved the operation to another address.. Haven't seen him in a couple weeks.

glawio

Hey guys! Here's something nice! Buzzy was on a poster at D23! It made me very happy to see him be acknowledged. :)

GhostlyGoofy

People who are saying Buzzy is safe at WDI:

*An Online poster who claims buzzy was moved as an excuse to search Spikes Phone.

*A Teenager who for whatever reason hung out with adult alleged thief, Spikes.

*A cult Disney figure with a history of documented trespassing who is currently raising funds to open their own independent theme attraction.

---

People who say Buzzy is missing:
*Orange County Sheriff's Department

Last edited:

gustaftp

People who are saying Buzzy is safe at WDI:

*An Online poster who claims buzzy was moved as an excuse to search Spikes Phone.

*A Teenager who for whatever reason hung out with adult alleged thief, Spikes.

*A cult Disney figure with a history of documented trespassing who is currently raising funds to open their own independent theme attraction.

---

People who say Buzzy is missing:
*Orange County Sheriff's Department

Your logical fallacy is: Poisoning The Well

gustaftp

You're attacking someone for pointing out that a POLICE STATEMENT is more reliable than anonymous rumormongers that openly refuse to provide any proof.
I'm not attacking the poster. I merely identified a textbook example of a logical fallacy presented by the poster, which you are now repeating.

A poisoned-well "argument" has the following form:

1. Unfavorable information (be it true or false) about person A is presented by another. (e.g. "Before you listen to my opponent, may I remind you that he has been in jail")
2. Therefore, the claims made by person A will be false.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You're attacking someone for pointing out that a POLICE STATEMENT is more reliable than anonymous rumormongers that openly refuse to provide any proof.
Sadly, well documented cases of law enforcement officers going rogue should induce a healthy skepticism into everyone's analysis of vague wording in police reports. I wonder how many POLICE STATEMENTS that deputy filed...

GhostlyGoofy

Sadly, well documented cases of law enforcement officers going rogue should induce a healthy skepticism into everyone's analysis of vague wording in police reports. I wonder how many POLICE STATEMENTS that deputy filed...

It was filed by a Detective not a deputy. And I understand having a healthy skepticism of law enforcement and even the monolithic Disney Corporation.

But I am also going to question the reliability of people claiming Buzzy is at WDI, when they are friends of Spikes who also casually drop that they saw phone pics of Buzzy's stolen clothes or Random "insiders" who claim without any proof the animatronic is fine and was only moved to set up a 24 year old guy. (Who did a great job setting himself up thanks to leaving metadata and location tags on photos.)

If that "poisons the well" of this ridiculous animatronic robot boy theft saga...too bad.

KeithVH

I'm not attacking the poster. I merely identified a textbook example of a logical fallacy presented by the poster, which you are now repeating.

A poisoned-well "argument" has the following form:

1. Unfavorable information (be it true or false) about person A is presented by another. (e.g. "Before you listen to my opponent, may I remind you that he has been in jail")
2. Therefore, the claims made by person A will be false.

At least someone knows what they're talking about. The sad fact is that most everyone proly does't even remember taking Philo101.

For those who need to know, see this list.

GhostlyGoofy

Using lies as justification to get warrants would likely just get the resulting evidence and things that are based on that thrown out in court. Let alone the consequences of filing false reports to start with.
Not to mention it's a huge leap for Disney to move an animatronic just to be petty. If they were going to set up Spikes, why not "misplace" something more believable like a shrunken head prop from Jungle Cruise or more Wardrobe from another attraction since that seemed to be what Spikes was allegedly targeting. This is how we can tell hmmmmhmgmgmgm claims are unfounded and just meant to troll.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

shernernum

So, police reports automatically carry unassailable credibility?

So, is your argument that, in most cases, anonymous Internet forum posters are more credible than police reports? Because that’s what’s at issue in the argument that I’m reading.

gustaftp

It's not a "logical fallacy." It's pointing out one that one source has credibility and the others do not.

Maybe you should've taken a journalism class rather than philosophy 101.
I demonstrated that it is a textbook example of a fallacy -- right down to the exact formula used to construct that sort of "argument" -- and you're trying to deny it -- that's rich! :joyfull:

Journalists don't tend to make arguments like that, because
1. Philosophy 101 is a required course for most liberal arts majors,
2. Fallacies are covered extensively in English classes.

GhostlyGoofy

It's a case by case scenario and I'd say in this instance a police report is more credible than anonymous insiders without any proof and people with a personal relationship to the suspect charged with a felony for grand theft.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom