• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Man Accused of Stealing Buzzy's Clothing from Disney World Arrested

embracejg

LOL, no. Just 53 pages of speculation and pining. 😜
Thanks to the Orange County Sheriff's Office statement, we know it was stolen and hasn't been recovered. That's about it.

It's very unlikely police will say anything else until an arrest is made or they consider the investigation inactive.

What really needs to stop is the speculation that the police are somehow actively lying about the theft, like what Hoot was suggesting.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
No, you really didn't.

The police said it was stolen and hasn't been recovered. Stop it with this crap.
"We had also recently learned that the entire Buzzy animatronic was later stolen from the attraction, separately from the clothing."
Could mean they got that information from an unreliable informant. If they had phrased it "Disney reported that the entire Buzzy...", I'd believe that.

As it stands, I'll believe it when someone's arrested for the theft of the animatronic.

embracejg

Could mean they got that information from an unreliable informant. If they had phrased it "Disney reported that the entire Buzzy...", I'd believe that.

As it stands, I'll believe it when someone's arrested for the theft of the animatronic.
Still wrong. You're quoting from the Patrick Spikes affidavit. OCSO later confirmed the theft and said the animatronic has not been recovered.

https://orlando-rising.com/buzzy-has-not-been-recovered-orange-county-sheriffs-office-says/

This is at least the 4th or 5th time we've had to bring this up to people.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
Still wrong. You're quoting from the Patrick Spikes affidavit. OCSO later confirmed the theft and said the animatronic has not been recovered.

https://orlando-rising.com/buzzy-has-not-been-recovered-orange-county-sheriffs-office-says/

This is at least the 4th or 5th time we've had to bring this up to people.
That affidavit was used to justify the warrant for Spikes' arrest, and remains an official declaration from Detective Foro.

And in its "confirmation," by word of mouth via email to a blogger, the OCSO again declined to cite a source for the "still stolen" statement. That, and Disney's refusal to comment, specifically to confirm that they reported it stolen, tells me there's something about this they don't want to correct or make public.

I won't speculate as to why, but the statements released thus far don't meet the W5H test. I'm not convinced.

embracejg

That affidavit was used to justify the warrant for Spikes' arrest, and remains an official declaration from Detective Foro.

And in its "confirmation," by word of mouth via email to a blogger, the OCSO again declined to cite a source for the "still stolen" statement. That, and Disney's refusal to comment, specifically to confirm that they reported it stolen, tells me there's something about this they don't want to correct or make public.

I won't speculate as to why, but the statements released thus far don't meet the W5H test. I'm not convinced.
Good lord.

Of course Disney isn’t going to comment, it’s an active criminal investigation. And OCSO IS THE SOURCE FOR THE “STOLEN” STATEMENT. The police said it was stolen, hasn’t been recovered, and they’re still investigating. What more do you want? The journalist even came here and posted his emails with the OCSO in this thread.

You’re just the latest person asserting that OCSO is lying about whether the theft occurred. It’s insane to me that a select few like you on this board can’t accept a police statement but blindly believe unsourced rumors all the time.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
I'm not claiming that anyone is lying. I'm just suspicious of the vague phraseology deliberately chosen for the paperwork (and emails) I've seen in this thread.

Some people are more easily swayed by "official statements." I prefer to parse and analyze as I attempt to discern the truth.

Where I find I can't, I withhold judgment, as in this case. There have been far too many "official statements" that, upon investigation and over time, have turned out to be unreliable.

Top Bottom