Maleficent has a new updated look for meet and greet

mickey_hunter

Original Poster
image.jpg
Maleficent has an updated look. Here's a side by side comparison of the old look versus the new look.

Thoughts?

Marc Gil

The old Maleficent seriously looks like something out of RuPaul's Drag Race.. I mean come on, that chin is too manly!

The new Maleficent look is a bit more natural, but the actress playing her doesn't look like Maleficent at all.

Not to be rude or anything, but her face is a little too chubby for being Maleficent.

Stupido

See, this is all kinds of confusing to me. Yes, the old look is very dragtastic, but it also looks menacing. The new looks incredibly soft, like Elphaba from Wicked. She looks like someone you'd see at MNSSHP dressed up as Maleficent. She looks nothing like the Maleficent from the original movie. Her makeup seems to have taken an Angelina Jolie inspired turn, however her costume looks ridiculous paired with. I wish they'd take this one back to the drawing board and really figure out what they want to do with this face character.

asianway

The old Maleficent seriously looks like something out of RuPaul's Drag Race.. I mean come on, that chin is too manly!

The new Maleficent look is a bit more natural, but the actress playing her doesn't look like Maleficent at all.

Not to be rude or anything, but her face is a little too chubby for being Maleficent.
No one could pull off Maleficent with the new look-not the performers fault at all. Not convincing at all

FerretAfros

Are there any changes to the costume itself, or is it just different make-up/prosthetics? It seems like the two costumes look remarkably similar for there to have been any sort of overhaul. Perhaps this is just some sort of test?

Rescue Ranger

The new look is AWFUL. So happy I got my picture with the chin! The new look, looks absolutely nothing like Maleficent lol
Nothing unique or menacing about it.

If they were trying to combine the looks of the two versions....the classic character and the movie version are completely different characters, that share very little. Oh well.

MarkTwain

It's definitely an improvement! But it does seem to accentuate how cheap the costume looks by comparison. Usually the face characters seem to have more more elaborate/realistic costumes than the cartoonier characters. This one looks like the $10 Maleficent costume you'd buy for Halloween because you didn't want to spring for the $50 one.

dreamfinder

Looks like different makeup and headpiece, and no prosthetics. I think the makeup difference may be simply due to the fact the old one looks like it is from the Mix & Mingle at MNSSHP. Stage makeup tends to be over emphasized so it can be seen from a distance.

mickey_hunter

Original Poster
Looks like different makeup and headpiece, and no prosthetics. I think the makeup difference may be simply due to the fact the old one looks like it is from the Mix & Mingle at MNSSHP. Stage makeup tends to be over emphasized so it can be seen from a distance.

The picture of the old look is the meet and greet Maleficent from the Villians Pin Event last year.

TP2000

The old look, while incredibly campy and bordering on drag queen, matched the campy look from the film.
2012-01-06-maleficent-e1325908239612.jpg

The new look is too bland and average looking. She just looks like a shy librarian in bad makeup. It doesn't help that the actress playing her has a bone structure and Body Mass Index that is nowhere near the original character's features.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom