Making WDW Dining Review Site

JikoMarie

Original Poster
I was looking for some suggestions on what service I should use to build a personal website to put my WDW Dining reviews and photos after our upcoming trip to Walt Disney World. I wanted to start working on it before I go so that it's all set up. I'm looking for something user-friendly but not a blog. I would like a main page and then seperate pages for each restaurant. Any suggestions?

Does anyone else have a site like that? If so, could you share?

slappy magoo

Well, for startes, THIS site is a site like that. The forum has a review section, where yoou can post reviews and add photos and the like...

I mean, if you WANT one of your own, that's all well and good, but this is a highly trafficked site, and your stuff would be seen by more eyeballs.

Just throwing it out there, is all.

JikoMarie

Original Poster
I intend to post here as well as I always do. But I was looking to create website to keep all of my stuff together. For instance, I want to include my photos in my dining reviews as well as a cost analysis and reviews from the other member of my party as well. Just looking for a really simple free website. Don't worry - I'll add reviews and photos to the appropriate sections here as well. Does anyone have any suggestions?

maelstrom

Your best bet is to learn HTML and CSS (not hard) and create your own website from scratch. I started making my own WDW site but then jobs and people and life got in the way and I never finished it. So now all that's there is my WDW photo archive (the one in my signature).

Another option is Movable Type or Typepad. I believe you can do what you're looking to do with either of those. I have used both services/programs and they're both terrific.

JikoMarie

Original Poster
Thank you all for your suggestions. I checked out Freewebs and it seems to do what I want it to in terms of creating my own trip report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom