making reservations? Get your parties # correct!

Joy Peace

Original Poster
Tried to add 3 people to my already existing reservation and they wont let me. Bummer was looking forward to spending time with some family I haven't seen in a long time. Oh well:shrug:

Kelsybelle

Tried to add 3 people to my already existing reservation and they wont let me. Bummer was looking forward to spending time with some family I haven't seen in a long time. Oh well:shrug:

The same thing happened to us when we were visiting this past April. We had some family that came last minute and of course wanted to eat at every reservation that we had made. At almost every reservation they couldn't get in, so what we ended up doing was having them book their own reservation and 9 out of 10 times we could have out tables put together or be seated near eachother. When we would get to the resteraunt we would just ask and they were more than willing to accomodate us, it's worth a try! Good luck!

Dito... had dining reservations at two resturants, at the last minute someone decided to go with us, tried to add them to our reservations for 2 and could not, said that they only have tables of two... annoying, had to cancel 2 reservations.

DisneyGigi

When you call and book they are reserving your spot per the number you request... as many people that are booking ADRs it would be hard to go back and change it. I know it may be annoying to you but the jump from two to four is a big deal in certain places. The fire code only allows so many people at a time.

BigB911

OK...say you book ADR's for 6 people, but 3 decide they aren't going now. So now, you only need ADR's for 3. Can the ADR be "downgraded" from 6 to 3?:shrug:

Kelsybelle

OK...say you book ADR's for 6 people, but 3 decide they aren't going now. So now, you only need ADR's for 3. Can the ADR be "downgraded" from 6 to 3?:shrug:

We had no issues when they happened to us. I think it's easier to downgrade than it is to add people.

coltow

This is why I am adding spots to our December ADRs. My mom and sister are coming with us. I'm anticipating my dad deciding at the last minute to join us. My Grandfather also lives down there so I'm going to also add him into a few of our meals.....just in case. I know from past experiences it's very hard to add people late in the game, but very easy to take people out.

Joy Peace

Original Poster
Hmmm that is not what the reservations guy told me. He said if part of my party did not show than it would take longer for us to be seated because they would have to work us in to a two person table spot. He said that it could be a wait.

coltow

It's happened to us a few times when we had breakfast ADR's. A couple of times members of our group decided to sleep in instead of going. I don't remember waiting any extra. We just explained at check in that we were 4 instead of 6 because 2 were still sleeping. CMs didn't give us a hard time, just a smile.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom