Making Memories with Magic Friends

Uponastar

It quit raining here and turned out to be a lovely day. We had a cookout with friends up from Orlando (though we left before they started cooking) and George went to a wedding. I decided to stay home because I have homework that needs to be done, not that I have started it yet. :lookaroun
It is so hard to get motivated.

Good news I am finally down to double digits until florida. :sohappy:

Yay for double digits!
Lots of WDW trips from this thread lately...Yayness!
I have to wait till October. In the meantime, I'll live through you people.

PotteryGal

It quit raining here and turned out to be a lovely day. We had a cookout with friends up from Orlando (though we left before they started cooking) and George went to a wedding. I decided to stay home because I have homework that needs to be done, not that I have started it yet. :lookaroun
It is so hard to get motivated.

Good news I am finally down to double digits until florida. :sohappy:

I loved when we finally hit doubles, especially after postponing last October. Now it's almost going by too fast. :dazzle: I know I don't have to have the house spotless, but I don't want to come home to a mess either.
And it rained over night, but the sun finally came out around lunchtime, so it is beautiful here...finally in the 80s. :sohappy:

We've never done the Photopass thing, but if you weren't that impressed with it last time, I'd give it a skip. Personally, we've found there's always someone willing to take a pic of the whole family with your camera. You can always do something to make them special on your own. I believe Shutterfly has Disney touches you can add to your photos...and it's easy to use.
But when it comes down to it...it's the content more than the added glitz that make the photos precious. I'd use that money for something else.
Just my thoughts. :)

I think I'm leaning that way....if we really end up using photopass a lot, I may rethink getting pics from them. But we're spending enough money as it is...anything else seems like too much. I'm thinking it will take at least $70 to fill up the tank in our minivan each time. :hammer:

Uponastar

I loved when we finally hit doubles, especially after postponing last October. Now it's almost going by too fast. :dazzle: I know I don't have to have the house spotless, but I don't want to come home to a mess either.
And it rained over night, but the sun finally came out around lunchtime, so it is beautiful here...finally in the 80s. :sohappy:

I think I'm leaning that way....if we really end up using photopass a lot, I may rethink getting pics from them. But we're spending enough money as it is...anything else seems like too much. I'm thinking it will take at least $70 to fill up the tank in our minivan each time. :hammer:

Stupid gas. :lookaroun
Certainly is putting a damper on things.
We don't go many places over the summer months, simply because it's so nice right here, but we do usually take a couple of drives to the Jersey shore and a few other favorite places over the summer. Probably not so much this year.

BiggerTigger

Too bad.
Is George looking forward to it?
Does he like WDW as much as you do?
George has never been to WDW. This will be his first visit and he is really excited. He doesn't want to keep reminding himself that we are going because time slows down when you want something, so he tries not to talk about it. I told him that we had 99 days left and he tells me, I know, I've been keeping track. If it wasn't for the count down clock, I wouldn't really know.
We always complained to my mother about having to clean the house before we left on vacation. She got so mad that she finally told us that she wants the house clean incase someone breaks into the house, she doesn't want them to see how messy we live. (The truth is coming home to a clean house is nice). But that always stuck with me, so now I wont leave the house a mess in case someone breaks into the house. :lol:

PotteryGal

George has never been to WDW. This will be his first visit and he is really excited. He doesn't want to keep reminding himself that we are going because time slows down when you want something, so he tries not to talk about it. I told him that we had 99 days left and he tells me, I know, I've been keeping track. If it wasn't for the count down clock, I wouldn't really know.
We always complained to my mother about having to clean the house before we left on vacation. She got so mad that she finally told us that she wants the house clean incase someone breaks into the house, she doesn't want them to see how messy we live. (The truth is coming home to a clean house is nice). But that always stuck with me, so now I wont leave the house a mess in case someone breaks into the house. :lol:

I think I just have to be realistic. The most important thing this week is to have my laundry completely caught up, the dishes done, and the house straightened up. In the middle of all that, I need to make sure all our things are packed, Mike will contribute his 15 min of packing :rolleyes:, and we have the van mostly loaded the night before.

Uponastar

Wow!
How special this trip will be for George!
And you get to show him the ropes!
You're going to have a blast!

I think I just have to be realistic. The most important thing this week is to have my laundry completely caught up, the dishes done, and the house straightened up. In the middle of all that, I need to make sure all our things are packed, Mike will contribute his 15 min of packing :rolleyes:, and we have the van mostly loaded the night before.

I think one of the main reasons we always come home to a shiny clean house is the fact that I don't mind cleaning right before we leave. The extra effort is no big deal compared to what comes after! :D
Of course, it's different when you're getting an entire family ready to go, Jen. So many things to get done. Don't wear yourself out before you even get on the road!

Nicole220

Oy.
Tough weekend with the young ones?

Having a fun weekend? :lol:

Good afternoon, btw. :wave:
They're fun and all, but they never get tired!
It's nonstop...I can't get any me time. :lol:

Jenny...about photopass.
From my experiences, they're always more than happy to take pictures with my camera, along with theirs.
The pictures from my camera always turn out just as nice as the photopass ones.

Uponastar

They're fun and all, but they never get tired!
It's nonstop...I can't get any me time. :lol:

Poor Nicole.
How long will they be there?

Jenny...about photopass.
From my experiences, they're always more than happy to take pictures with my camera, along with theirs.
The pictures from my camera always turn out just as nice as the photopass ones.

Absolutely right.
The photographers are always fine about taking a pic with your own camera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom