Trip Report Making Lemonade out of Lemons Fractal Family Trip Report - Completed

I think we can all agree that so far 2020 has been one big sour lemon.

For those that did not read my Pre-Trip report; my entire family (Val-wife, Alex - oldest daughter, Sterg - son, Toni - youngest daughter) has recovered from the Covid-19 virus. Myself, Val, Sterg and Toni got it in March and Alex in April while working as a nurse. Val had it worse with a fever for a couple days and flu like symptoms for about a week. The rest of us were either asymptomatic or had minor symptoms.

Add to that the mental stress of living in a society dealing with this pandemic, Toni missing out on a big chunk of her High School Senior Year and her last dance recital (where she was going to take on a major role as Jasmine), work reductions for Sterg and high stress work conditions for Alex on the front line. Yes, 2020 has sure been one big sourpuss.

But, as the saying goes; "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!"

It just so happened that last year I made a reservation to attend the annual AHEPA convention in Walt Disney World, just as I did in 2017. We were going to stay at the Grand Destino Towers but that seemed very much in jeopardy when AHEPA (which is a charitable organization I'm involved with. Like a Greek version of the Knights of Columbus or Lions Club.) cancelled their convention. Soon after however, I received an email that Disney would honor our reservation in July. This was pretty tempting since we had convention rates and discounts on tickets. Long story short, we decided to go. We felt that having already had the virus gave us an extra level of protection and we knew that Disney would handle the health risks properly. In addition, we later found out that our rooms were moved from Grand Destino to the Contemporary in order to accommodate the LA Lakers and Milwaukee Bucks. Sterg's and my dream of playing Marco Polo with the Greek Freak and LeBron James in the pool were quickly dashed. But who could say no to staying at The Contemporary for $175 a night?

We were a go! It was frustrating however because although we had a resort reservation we did not have park tickets. We also didn't have a "park pass" which was needed during this reopening of WDW. We had to wait for all that to open and I had serious doubts it would by the time our first day at the resort (July 20th) rolled around. I decided to book flights without tickets or park passes. Southwest had roundtrip flights from Philly to Orlando for $90 plus if you had to cancel you got that credit for a future flight. No brainer. This was turning out to be the cheapest Disney trip we have taken as a family! Soon after I was open to buy tickets and book Park Passes. We had started to squeeze that lemon and add it's juice to our pitcher of cold water.

Now for the Cast of our adventure.

Myself - Chris/Fractal. A lover of Disney Parks for the many memories it has given me over the years with my family, the way it helps me completely unwind from my job, and how it taps into my creative side and challenges my skills as a photographer.

Here I am with my crazy kids at Christmas.

MVIMG_20191224_220836-XL.jpg

Val - my beautiful wife. Not the biggest fan of Disney but in the end she was on board. I think secretly she likes it more than she lets on. I will make it up to her with a trip more to her liking.

Here she is with Alex.

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20180816202048133_COVER-XL.jpg

Alex - our oldest. Now a traveling nurse. Alex is like me in many ways but as she's getting older and more responsible I'm starting to see her take on a number of Val's traits. She's a good mix and always a delight to be with.

From a trip to Colorado we took last year;

DSC00630-XL.jpg

Sterg, aka Fractal Jr. One word to describe Sterg - catalyst - he just makes things happen. He creates reactions both good and bad. He graduated last year from Penn State. He was a captain on the Swim Team but not without drama. He had to miss his promising senior year of swimming when a series of concussions (all outside the water) forced him to medically retire. PSU handled it very well as he helped the team from the sidelines. He now works as a digital marketing consultant as well as helping his cousin get his music career off the ground. Never a dull moment when Sterg is around!

with our dog Prince (Charming).

20200706-DSC06336-X2.jpg

Toni - For long time readers of my reports you know that Toni and I have a special Disney connection. Many times she would be the only one up early with me to tackle the parks at opening. We have had many great adventures together in the Disney bubble. She's now technically an adult (how did that happen?) so I was going to find out this trip if the magic was still there. She's going to attend Clemson University starting next month and I couldn't be prouder.

Toni in front of the Theater her Recital was supposed to perform at.

20200616-DSC05993-X3.jpg

So Covid-19 made our family suffer in many ways, but we took that lemon, squeezed it's juice out into our water pitcher, now we just needed a little Disney sugar to make our Lemonade complete.

Coming up - Our trip begins with a WDW meet-up before our flight even leaves the ground!

fractal

Original Poster
This just made me laugh out loud for real. @fractal jr was not a good little brother

No, he was a bad little brother. Getting to that. :D
Those Lion pictures @fractal - I barely ever get to see them and my photos if I do lucky at best. Excellent! I love AK, always have. ❤

Thank you @DisneyGigi !
The Lions 🦁 ❤❤❤. We’re always excited when they’re awake and in plain view. We heard and saw them roar on our last family trip; it was awesome!

The male did roar for us next time we saw him. I wish I was filming at the time!

The picture of the male and female lion together is phenomenal! That's a framer!

Thank you @Rista1313 !
My husband isn't a Disney fan either. His ideal trip is 3 resort/pool days and 1 park day that isn't MK. Which is why my last two trips have been with my daughters. I took each of them separately, one in 2018 the other 2019. At first I did feel very guilty for going on a vacation without Joe but he knows how much the girls and I love Disney and didn't make us feel bad in the least. We also make it a point to go other places that he enjoys. I make sure that he picks out things that he wants to do, which is hard to do sometimes since I tend to be the planner and want everything to be my way. :happy:

Val's not a big fan of MK either. Our therapy session continues...😄
ALL of your safari pics are gorgeous, but the 2nd pic of the lions.. OMG 😍 😍 😍 just stunning! I hope you frame that one!

Thanks @KellBelle ! I may just do that!
I can totally understand your conflict with your wife's views versus yours and how you could temporarily (hopefully anyway!) second guess why you love what you love about Disney. It's easy to listen to those who just don't love it the way you do and question why you love it so much.

For me, the repetitive rides and photo taking is for me to say to myself "I am here. Not someone else at this moment, me. I am in this place, my happy place, at this very moment, after thinking about all the other vacationers that occupied that same seat on that same ride or snapped that same photograph all those other times that I wished it were me. This is my moment to be in my happy place"

Sometimes there is no way to explain it to people and that's ok :happy:

Great attitude to have. I agree. We Disney lovers need to stick together. :)
That was a great night! We had so much fun.

ATM Cupcakes up next!

👍

I was laughing to myself as I was writing the ATM cupcake posts. Still so funny!
I can't get my husband involved in the planning. I ask him if he has any particular things he doesn't want to miss, or if there's something he absolutely doesn't want to do. I give him a list of the restaurants that might be good. He just says "Just plan what you want and tell me where to be when." But the mother daughter trip was his idea. He asked me how I'd feel going without him next time. I've always wanted to do a mother/daughter trip, but didn't know how to bring it up without it sounding rude like I didn't want him along or couldn't have fun with him there. So it's really nice that it was his idea. I only worry my son will feel left out. I don't think he's particularly attached to Disney...he has a couple rides he loves, but doesn't really want to do anything beyond those, and once he's done them, he wants to go back to the resort. So I don't think it would be a problem from the standpoint that he really wants to go to Disney, but more like....why are we going on vacation without him? It wouldn't be for a few years anyway. We aren't even allowed to fly into the US right now and who knows when that will change, and our next big trip will be Wyoming, including Yellowstone. After that, it will be a few years before we can afford a trip, and E is wanting to go to Disney with her best friend when they graduate high school. She's starting the equivalent of her Freshman year next week. I guess we'll just wait and see how it all plays out. It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a significant other who isn't into Disney though.

Sorry for derailing your TR, Fractal! I was just curious whether our spouses shared the similar ideas about vacationing being a family thing.

No problem @Songbird76 - this has now become a bit of a "therapy session" Trip Report. :)
Sweet Caroline is a family favorite, as it was one of the hits on the radio the summer we did a coast to coast road trip - I would have been belting it out with you 😀

Impossible not to sing along - especially after a few drinks!
This looks like a really fun night!! I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall!

You didn't know about the cupcake ATM? I'm guessing you don't follow Disney Food Blog? I was so excited about that machine!! It's like magic.

It really was a lot of fun! Val really enjoyed the evening and spending time with Coach and his family!
Loving the trip report Chris!! It gives a lot of us something to look forward to reading the narratives to all the incredibly awesome pictures. Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks Neil! Appreciate you following along and commenting!

cgersic

I haven't read this report since last Friday and MAN - there's so much to say!!! I'll sum it up that the Safari pics are outstanding, your family history and stories make me laugh and cry and smile, and reading the Raglan Road (my longtime favorite) story had me in hysterics right along with you. Thanks for the pick me up!

Swissmiss

Premium Member

I couldn't help myself!! It was stuck in my head, and now everybody else can enjoy and sing along. Loving the TR @fractal !!

I have a roommate from college who was definitely a rocker. One summer she worked at a concert venue and Neil Diamond was booked for 3 weeks of concerts. There was a song that he would perform multiple times each concert (I want to say Forever in Blue Jeans?) and each morning she would tell us how many times he played it. I think one concert it was 5 or 6 times. It was pure torture for her!

Tink86

Catching up on your trip report this afternoon. 1. Still enjoying your pictures! They are amazing. 2. I've been a RN for over 25 years so give Alex time. She'll mature in her practice and become less of a 'push over' as a person. Trust me, dealing with some of the doctor's out there, you mature and gain confidence or leave for another profession. 3. We went to Ragland Road for our first time this past July and LOVED it! We also saw the 2 man band and dancers but had a bad seat. We'll know for next time. 4. We also went to Art Smith for the first time. Actually had a crow fly over and steal a french fry from my daughters plate after her and her friend left. Looking forward to more trip report. :) Cindy

cfry06

Quick FlashBack to May 24th, 2009. One of the reasons I wanted to go to Raglan Road was to hear a live band. I found out that the live bands didn't play during the lunch hour.

Doing what I do best at WDW - paying bills.

disney09%20102-X3.jpg

Fast forward to July 22nd 2020.

Coach starts things off with a beer sampler.

20200722-DSC09447-X3.jpg

I decided on a bourbon on the rocks. I may have had a few more.

For the life of me I can't remember what I ate. I do remember enjoying it. No food complaints from the rest of my crew so overall, the meal was very satisfactory.

We had some good conversations about Disney World, WDWMagic, Things back in Pennsylvania. Sterg asked Brayden and Maddy what they thought about their dad being a WDWmagic Trip Reporter and if they read his reports? He wanted to compare notes and it was interesting to hear all their perspectives.

It's quite possible the drinks kept flowing.

The Irish dancers were done for the night and were replaced with a live 2 man band (something I waited 11 years for!). There were a pretty good cover duo and played a lot of the bar favorites; Piano Man, American Pie, etc.

20200722-DSC09456-X3.jpg

After our meal and possibly a few more drinks we paid our bill and made our way towards the bar and a better vantage point.

20200722-DSC09459-X3.jpg

There were two couples at the bar. My observation was that they very likely consumed twice the number of drinks that we may have consumed.

They were loud, obnoxious, and devoid of Covid Mask etiquette. The two gentlemen in this foursome spotted @coachwnh and I and approached us as if they had seen long lost fraternity brothers.

"C'mon Man! Let's sing! Take off that stupid mask! Just have some fun!" You can imagine.

Of course we were hesitant. Part of me wanted to throw my arms around them and start belting out Living on a Prayer.
The other part of me was flashing serious "Spidey Senses" probably because this was really not a good mix with the rest of our family. They must have gotten the hint because they soon backed off.

We did however decide to stay and listen to some music. Again, it's possible we ordered another drink or two. We started singing some of the songs out loud which wasn't easy behind a face masks. We might have taken the masks off and gathered all together to sing/yell/screech Sweet Caroline. Probably not, but might have. In either scenario we were having a great time; adults and kids alike!

We left Raglan Road laughing and carrying on a bit into a quiet and nearly empty Disney Springs.

Crystal then spoke some magical yet mysterious words. "Let's go get cupcakes at the ATM machine."

"What?"
I asked completely befuddled.

"There's an ATM machine here that serves cupcakes!" She responded excitedly and without hesitation.

Do you know when you have a few drinks and sometimes one small thing becomes very funny. It's possible that happened with us and the Cupcake ATM.

"No way! Impossible! I don't believe it!" I snapped back.

"C'mon follow me, I'll show you!" Crystal said with glistening eyes.

It was like we were the Goonies in search of the One-Eyed-Willies' treasure. We scampered along following Crystal's lead. I still didn't believe it and was expecting more on the lines
of Rafiki clunking Simba on the head.

Low and behold Crystal delivered us to a pink illuminated magic machine. She placed her order and seconds later two cupcakes arrived.

"Ta Da!"

IMG_20200722_223549-X3.jpg

I just couldn't stop laughing along with the rest of us! I mean belly laughing.

Toni may have said "Hi cupcake ATM machine."

It was quite amazing and quite amusing and just a perfect little adventure and payoff.

Grabbing the cupcakes.

IMG_20200722_223550-X3.jpg

Crystal was beaming because 1) she got her cupcakes and 2) she proved us wrong about our cupcake ATM skepticism!

This made things even funnier!

By the way - she was stationary and (about to be) eating her cupcakes so she was Covid compliant.

IMG_20200722_223556-X3.jpg

I don't remember the flavors Crystal ordered but I knew I could not be brought to such a magical machine and not take advantage.

I ordered a red velvet cupcake and thoroughly enjoyed the little door opening to reveal my treat! The cupcake, by the way was delicious.

We then slowly walked out of a closed Disney Spring and parted ways towards our separate transportation back to our resorts.

20200722-DSC09463-X3.jpg

It was a great, merry and memorable evening with @coachwnh and his family and just like the first time in 2009 we left Raglan Road with new friends!

UP NEXT - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly at EPCOT/ Another WDWMagic meetup!/ Toni and I tackle the Land and the Seas/ more fun with @coachwnh and crew!

What a fun night!! Love Raglan, but Raglan with great company - even better! Sweet Caroline instantly brought back many Penn State Beaver Stadium (and several establishments downtown) memories!! (We Are...) 💙

Was on a work trip to Vegas last year and discovered one of those cupcake ATMs in the Linq area across from Caesars. I *might* have visited more than once! 😋

Enjoying the report! Excited to see the whole fam together!

fractal

Original Poster
It was hard for some of us to wake up the next morning.

20200723-DSC09469-X3.jpg

But not for others...

20200723-DSC09473-X3.jpg

This was our EPCOT day. Val, Alex, Toni and I were heading off in the AM while Sterg would join us later (he had some work to finish first).

Alex wanted to at least attempt "drinking around the world" as she heard about it from a friend. Val agreed to join/babysit her. 20 years ago we were doing parent swaps at rides, 13 years ago we were doing Bippity-boppity boutique and Princess meals and now we are getting rowdy at Irish Pubs and drinking around the world. See! Walt Disney World really is for all ages!

I hope you two are properly hydrated.

20200723-DSC09474-X3.jpg

Val must have been "hydrating" because she needed to visit the ladies room once we entered the park. While waiting I took a selfie with my girls.

20200723-DSC09479-X3.jpg

Reminded me of when I took Alex and Toni to WDW for a day in 2015...

DSC07506-X3.jpg

Then another selfie with Val...

20200723-DSC09485-X3.jpg

EPCOT was a bit confusing to navigate with all these walls up. We knew which direction we wanted to go but following the walls blocked out all your points of reference and frankly took away experiencing the beauty of Future World.

I'm assuming this is going to be the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster but wasn't 100% sure...

20200723-DSC09486-X3.jpg

We did find what we were looking for however;

20200723-DSC09487-X3.jpg

and promptly entered the sparse queue. I was worried that the threatening skies would spoil our plans just like it did on our last trip on our last day.

20200723-DSC09488-X3.jpg

Another "pre-show" that was just a walk through. No interactive treats on this trip.

20200723-DSC09494-X3.jpg

For looking at only.

20200723-DSC09495-X3.jpg

Less than ten minutes to the boarding area.

20200723-DSC09496-X3.jpg

Ready?

20200723-DSC09497-X3.jpg

Ready!

20200723-DSC09498-X3.jpg

Another flashback - this time to 2011. Sterg, Toni and I spent some time in the Seas fish tank during our Seas Quest tour. After that we jumped on the "old" Test Track.

DSC02249-X2.jpg

Here's another example of me neglecting my parental duties to have properly combed hair on your children. Poor Toni. Back then however she really didn't care.

DSC02246-XL.jpg

Seatbelts on and raring to go!

20200723-DSC09501-X3.jpg

and we're off!

20200723-DSC09504-X3.jpg

fractal

Original Poster
Great recap of our night at Raglan Road. So many of your details made me laugh all over again. It was great to spend time with you and your family. 🍻🥃🍹🧁

And I completely forgot about the drunks offering Toni $100 to dance on the stage!

Feeling mutual!
Great!
Now I’m singing Sweet Caroline🎶

Does anyone in a sober state ever pull that song up for a listen? It get progressively better with each drink.

I couldn't help myself!! It was stuck in my head, and now everybody else can enjoy and sing along. Loving the TR @fractal !!

Lol! First you need to down a few!
I haven't read this report since last Friday and MAN - there's so much to say!!! I'll sum it up that the Safari pics are outstanding, your family history and stories make me laugh and cry and smile, and reading the Raglan Road (my longtime favorite) story had me in hysterics right along with you. Thanks for the pick me up!

Thanks @cgersic ! Glad I could help!
I have a roommate from college who was definitely a rocker. One summer she worked at a concert venue and Neil Diamond was booked for 3 weeks of concerts. There was a song that he would perform multiple times each concert (I want to say Forever in Blue Jeans?) and each morning she would tell us how many times he played it. I think one concert it was 5 or 6 times. It was pure torture for her!

Now that would be torturous!
Oh wow! What a fun coincidence at Raglan Road with @coachwnh and his family! This memory of the two of you at Raglan Road (especialy at the bar post meal) will probably be ingrained in your children’s heads forever!

We discovered in this reopening that making last minute dinner reservations were challenging because so many options were closed. I'm glad Coach mentioned Raglan Road as it was completely off our radar and having dinner with them was a definite highlight!
Catching up on your trip report this afternoon. 1. Still enjoying your pictures! They are amazing. 2. I've been a RN for over 25 years so give Alex time. She'll mature in her practice and become less of a 'push over' as a person. Trust me, dealing with some of the doctor's out there, you mature and gain confidence or leave for another profession. 3. We went to Ragland Road for our first time this past July and LOVED it! We also saw the 2 man band and dancers but had a bad seat. We'll know for next time. 4. We also went to Art Smith for the first time. Actually had a crow fly over and steal a french fry from my daughters plate after her and her friend left. Looking forward to more trip report. :) Cindy

Thanks for the insight and I'm already seeing her toughen up in certain environments. She just finished her stint in South Carolina and is right now on the way home. Her next assignment is in San Diego. No doubt we are going to visit and who knows, Disneyland isn't too far a drive! Never heard of Art Smith - have to check it out. Thanks Cindy!
I feel like Sweet Caroline may be the reason all the bars are still closed at this point :hilarious:

Surprised it hasn't been banned!
What a fun night!! Love Raglan, but Raglan with great company - even better! Sweet Caroline instantly brought back many Penn State Beaver Stadium (and several establishments downtown) memories!! (We Are...) 💙

Was on a work trip to Vegas last year and discovered one of those cupcake ATMs in the Linq area across from Caesars. I *might* have visited more than once! 😋

Enjoying the report! Excited to see the whole fam together!

Yes on PSU! Thanks @cfry06 ! It was good to have them all together!

fractal

Original Poster
I really enjoyed the "new" Test Track on our last trip. This time would be no different. It seems like a different ride and experience.

20200723-DSC09505-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09507-X3.jpg

Love the new overlay.

20200723-DSC09511-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09515-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09520-X3.jpg

The outside speed test is exhilarating! I didn't get any pictures of it this time because I was having so much fun!

Test Track is really up there on my list of favorite WDW rides.

After Test Track we split up. Val and Alex headed towards Mexico to begin their "drinking around the World" gauntlet while Toni and I walked towards Mission Space.

On the way there I spotted a "Relaxation Station" - a designated area you can enter and take a break from mask wearing.

And what says "relaxation" more than a 6 foot slithering black snake?

20200723-DSC09524-X3.jpg

OK, maybe it was 2 feet long.

Toni freaked out a little but all was calm after the snake disappeared into the shrubs.

Now onto our Mission to Mars.

20200723-DSC09526-X3.jpg

Toni and I were at MS in 2015 and decided to go "orange". I chickened out at literally the last minute afraid that the G-forces would effect my recent ear surgery.

Well since then I either got braver or dumber because I was "a go" for Orange and wasn't going to back down this time.

20200723-DSC09527-X3.jpg

We were off to the stars!

20200723-DSC09529-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09531-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09532-X3.jpg

I always enjoyed this queue and think it is vastly underrated.

20200723-DSC09533-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09534-X3.jpg

Toni was excited. She really loves this ride! Maybe she'll be an astronaut some day.

20200723-DSC09536-2-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09538-X3.jpg

No one at mission control!

20200723-DSC09539-X3.jpg

I told Toni she could take over.

20200723-DSC09540-X3.jpg

Last edited:

fractal

Original Poster
But she wanted to pilot a spacecraft, not some controls on Earth!

20200723-DSC09541-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09542-X3.jpg

After some more instructions we secured ourselves in our capsule. I followed the tip of looking straight ahead the entire time to avoid any unwanted nausea. It worked and more importantly my ear drums didn't explode!

Toni didn't believe they actually had "barf bags" on the ride until I showed her.

I know this ride is 20 years old but it's still impressive and still works. This may be the first time I went Orange since my first ride in 2000 and I appreciated the extra edge it gave the ride. Toni loved it again and after we settled our ship at the canyon's edge on Mars we were off to our next adventure.

This time a journey through time...

20200723-DSC09543-X3.jpg

Last edited:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
I really enjoyed the "new" Test Track on our last trip. This time would be no different. It seems like a different ride and experience.

20200723-DSC09505-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09507-X3.jpg

Love the new overlay.

20200723-DSC09511-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09515-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09520-X3.jpg

The outside speed test is exhilarating! I didn't get any pictures of it this time because I was having so much fun!

Test Track is really up there on my list of favorite WDW rides.

After Test Track we split up. Val and Alex headed towards Mexico to begin their "drinking around the World" gauntlet while Toni and I walked towards Mission Space.

On the way there I spotted a "Relaxation Station" - a designated area you can enter and take a break from mask wearing.

And what says "relaxation" more than a 6 foot slithering black snake?

20200723-DSC09524-X3.jpg

OK, maybe it was 2 feet long.

Toni freaked out a little but all was calm after the snake disappeared into the shrubs.

Now onto our Mission to Mars.

20200723-DSC09526-X3.jpg

Toni and I were at MS in 2015 and decided to go "orange". I chickened out at literally the last minute afraid that the G-forces would effect my recent ear surgery.

Well since then I either got braver or dumber because I was "a go" for Orange and wasn't going to back down this time.

20200723-DSC09527-X3.jpg

We were off to the stars!

20200723-DSC09529-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09531-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09532-X3.jpg

I always enjoyed this queue and think it is vastly underrated.

20200723-DSC09533-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09534-X3.jpg

Toni was excited. She really loves this ride! Maybe she'll be an astronaut some day.

20200723-DSC09536-2-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09538-X3.jpg

No one at mission control!

20200723-DSC09539-X3.jpg

I told Toni she could take over.

20200723-DSC09540-X3.jpg

Glad you both survived and enjoyed Orange side. I tried it one time. Rode it with both of my sibling and we all said: “never again!” 🤢

fractal

Original Poster
Me over the weekend: Boys start packing, that way if you need something I have time to get it during the week.
Boys today: Mom, we have no shorts
Me: 😞
In line, to pay for shorts, I see this:
View attachment 493414
and I think of you and your family and I smile. Me: 😁

LOL! I showed that to Toni and she says "Hi Old Navy Credit Cards saying Hi". I think we need therapy.
Glad you both survived and enjoyed Orange side. I tried it one time. Rode it with both of my sibling and we all said: “never again!” 🤢

I got sick the first time I tried (and much younger). The looking straight ahead trick really worked this time for me.

I wanted to go back and try the new Green side but never did.

fractal

Original Poster
Meanwhile in Mexico, Val and Alex are having their first (or second?) drink.

Screenshot_20200827-140434~2-L.png

Screenshot_20200827-140443~2-L.png

"Hola!"

Screenshot_20200827-140447~2-L.png

Toni has never been a fan of SSE but she seemed more excited this day to go on.

We begin our trip through the ages and our study of human communications.

20200723-DSC09545-X3.jpg

I was using the 24mm lens - the widest lens I think I ever used for this ride.

20200723-DSC09547-X3.jpg

The wider view gives you a sense of the entire scene.

20200723-DSC09550-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09555-X3.jpg

In all my trips through SSE, I honestly never noticed the scribe sitting on the floor until I looked at my pictures!

20200723-DSC09557-X3.jpg

thank you, thank you, thank you.

20200723-DSC09563-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09565-X3.jpg

The Greeks - my personal favorite! :D

20200723-DSC09570-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09572-X3.jpg

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears...

20200723-DSC09577-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09578-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09579-X3.jpg

20200723-DSC09580-X3.jpg

What smells like a fire pit?

20200723-DSC09582-X3.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom