Make your Own Lightsaber

Cannon3

Original Poster
Hello,

I know that you can "Make Your Own" Lightsaber at Once Upon a Toy at DTD. For anyone who has bought this, could you tell me what the quality is and some of the features? What is the cost and are the blade colors bright? Does the blade spring out or are they static? How do they compare to The Clone Wars "Force Action" Lightsabers for around $20 that you can buy at WalMart or Target?

Thanks for the help.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Quality is on par with the kit in the link below. Blades are not spring loaded. Brightness is good but not super bright. I have heard of a few people modifying them to use maglite LED bulbs in them to increase the brightness but I have never seen what one of these mods looks like. If you are looking for a high quality lightsaber for a costume or display these ain't it. They are great for a kid to play around with but that is about it. If you want a super high quality light saber I would highly recommend checking out Park's Sabers. I have 2 of them and their quality is simply incredible.

Toy Saber

Park's Sabers

tonganprince

The spring loaded sabers at toy stores are much better in my opinion.

It was cool to make with my kids (We made them at the ST gift shop), but the overall quality is just ok.

They are not spring loaded and the colors are not very bright.

durangojim

I think we paid $30 or $35 for a double ended one at DHS by Star Tours. The quality is ok, and only one side lights up. My 3 y/o son likes it though because he can take it apart and put it back together himself. He also likes the fact that it comes with 3 crystals that are interchangeable and that change the sounds the saber makes.

WDWmazprty

I think we paid $30 or $35 for a double ended one at DHS by Star Tours. The quality is ok, and only one side lights up. My 3 y/o son likes it though because he can take it apart and put it back together himself. He also likes the fact that it comes with 3 crystals that are interchangeable and that change the sounds the saber makes.

Nice!

Well, as long as this doesn't happen:

Darth%20Vader%20Philips.jpg

stupid discount lightsaber!

happymom52003

My son made one on our last trip, but he never plays with it. He prefers the ones that are the same style that they use in the Jedi Training Academy.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh, so they're not as good as the other ones then. I guess he likes more simple.
There is nothing wrong with them they just lack many of the features that are available in the other lightsabers out there that most people want. Namely light and sound.

happymom52003

Oh, so they're not as good as the other ones then. I guess he likes more simple.

That is a matter of opinion. The ones we have that are similar to the Jedi Training academy light sabers are actually of a higher quality, in my opinion, then the one he made at Disney. Just because something lights up and makes noise does not mean it is "better" than one that does not. The ones he prefers are easier to clip to his shorts, easier to engage and disengage, and are less bulky than the one he made at Disney....therefore he prefers to play with them.:shrug:
I think the ones you make are better for kids who are alot older (or adults) who just want to have a cool light saber....for younger kids who are actually "playing" with them all day, I think the other kind are much better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom