Make A Wish Trip

I could use a few suggestions and a little help. Our little boy is going on his Make a wish trip Feb 6th to Feb 12th. He is four and has LKS. He will be traveling with his sisters, 8 and 11. We are staying at Give Kids The World, and prepared to take everything as he can do them. When it comes to that one special "thing" that they plan as part of his wish, it seems impossible to figure it out. He ADORES fish. He loves to watch them for hours. He loves Nemo and Dory. He is not great with most rides. He is not great with the characters unless it is the princesses or ones that he can see their face. Flashy or strobing lights are out due to his condition. He can not speak and is losing hs ability to understand what you are saying to him. He is joyous and so excited to be going. Where would you take him for dinner or a special lunch? Can you help give him ideas on what he could do SUPER special for his wish trip? I appreciate suggetions.

ItlngrlBella

If Disney could hook you up with a dinner at The Coral reef in front of the best window and have scuba Mickey come by for a wave - that would be amazing magic. God bless you and your family - hugs and prayers from Wisconsin.

May you have a beautiful trip full of countless magic.

Upvote 0

Ricky Spanish

My daughter, Cinnamon, was a Make a Wish recipient.
She is currently a healthy, sarcastic 15 year old.
But, when she was 18 months old, we were devastated with the news of her inoperable brain tumor.
"Juvenile pylocitic astrocytoma" to be exact.
Won't ever forget that name!
Her doctors sponsored her for the trip.
Went when she turned 3.
We stayed at Give Kids The World.
The place and the people are AMAZING!
WDW and every Cast Member that we encountered was super awesome, too.
Got a pass that allowed us to bump to the front of the lines.
This helped us, since the tumor had affected her control of the right side of her body.
Disney and Make a Wish helped us get a last minute seating for breakfast with the Princesses.
They were great.
Had a great time and still talk about the trip to this day, although my daughter does not remember everything.

My advice is enjoy this time with your son and family.
Although we were nervous that something might "go wrong" with her health while we were in Florida, we mentally left the hospital, the doctors, the nurses, the chemo, and the tumor behind.
We were in that "magical place" for a few days and we weren't stressed.
Also, if your son needs something special, don't be afraid to ask.
I think that WDW, MAW and GKTW will accommodate (within limits)

My daughter's tumor changed our lives.
What Make a Wish, Give Kids The World, and Disney did for my family, changed me.

Now, whenever anyone asks " what do you want for Christmas" or "your birthday" or whenever, I say " a check for Make a Wish and Give Kids the World"

Have fun!

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Not sure how to respond to this and not seem sincere. However it comes out, it is suppose to be sincere.

I am so sorry when I hear about these. I donate $50 every paycheck to Give The Kids the World down there. It is great when you get to hear the stories of what they do for the families. I even had to tell a dad once about having to wait 4 turns at RnRC once why we couldn't get on. He didn't quite complain anymore and looked at it in a different light. I even had to explain it to my then 6 year old DD. Kids kind of need to be taught because they don't know or understand.

As for things to do and places to eat. Because he loves fish, dining at Living with the Sea would be incredible. Dining at Akershus as well. Even CRT would be great. Even taking him through the backside of Nemo would be great. They have the tanks, Turtle Talk with Crush, I think they even have a manatee tank. You may even be able to get an opportunity to feed the manatees.

Not at Disney, but something that may be good to do as well is Discovery Cove. I do not know if they participate in it at all. You would need to check with the coordinator maybe. Seaworld may be an enjoyable trip as well because he likes fish. They have the Orcas, Balugas, penguins, and walrus show. Just tossing out some other ideas.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I agree with all the recommendations for the Living Seas and the Coral Reef. It might be fun if they could do a backstage tour for you and maybe let him touch or feed the manatees.

Since he likes princesses and the sea he might enjoy the Little Mermaid ride at the MK there you can be with Ariel and under the sea. I would say the Little Mermaid show at Hollywood Studios but I think there are flashing lights and strobes used in the show so you might want to avoid that one.

Best of luck to you and your family. Have a wonderful trip.

Upvote 0

andy773

Check the backstage tours at the Seas pavillion. They have things like snorkeling in the tank or swimming with dolphins. I think he's below the minimum ages for these, but maybe they would make an exceptiom for him.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom